This quote by Mularkey pretty much sums it up

"I am frustrated for them, I'm not frustrated at them," he said. "I'm disappointed. I felt we took a step tonight, to be honest with you.

"I felt we took a step tonight, to be honest with you"....WTF is this guy talking about??? Took a step? Yeah they took a step, BACKWARDS. It's amazing to me that the head coach of an NFL team could have such low aspirations.

Let's make one thing perfectly clear, THIS WAS NOT THE WORLD CHAMPION PATRIOTS WE PLAYED LAST NIGHT. This was a team who is so riddled with injuries they are forced to sign people for their secondary that were sitting home watching games two weeks ago.

The simple fact is that we lost to a team that's at 50% strength.

We aren't the Arizona Cardinals, they're better than us.

Here's the full article: http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/p...332/1007/SPORTS

I disagree, I thought they did take a step forward last night (may have been a pretty small step, though :angry: )... at least almost all of the team finally showed up to play in prime time, just a tough loss.

491501[/snapback]

Again, someone whose senses are dulled to what good football actually is.

You want to see good football? Watch the Colts. Watch the Steelers. Watch the Giants or even Denver.

Just whatever you do, don't watch this team. Because they haven't played good football in 13 seasons.

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...ndpost&p=491500

To anyone who thought that KH/The Bills dictated the game last night even with a ~40 min. ball control O, respectfully, you're wrong. Living in Patsie-land, I've seen every NE game in the past five years. I'm not going to say it's a great strategy for winning to stay close and win it with a miracle 4th Q drive --- that's for Bellichick to answer. And it shows in the Pats' record this year. But don't think that KH was doing anything the Pats [in the grand defensive scheme, even with replacement players] didn't allow him to do. BB re-invented the dink-and-dunk with Weis. For sure, he knows how to stop it.

Again, someone whose senses are dulled to what good football actually is.

You want to see good football? Watch the Colts. Watch the Steelers. Watch the Giants or even Denver.

Just whatever you do, don't watch this team. Because they haven't played good football in 13 seasons.

491512[/snapback]

:angry::lol::lol:

Then why the fug are you still here? :D

BOTD = RJ

We aren't the Arizona Cardinals, they're better than us.

Here's the full article: http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/p...332/1007/SPORTS

491493[/snapback]

Now, think back exactly one year Mike. A year ago today, the Bills beat the crap out of Arizona. They beat them in all 3 phases of the game. I was there.

This Bills team, in a moves orchestrated by TD, is no longer playing with the DT, LT, nor QB of the 9-7 Bills. (Takeo of course is not the fault of TD.)

He handed these crucial jobs to a castoff, and 2 completely unproven second year players. There was not even a slight attempt to address these areas in the draft; whereas TD opted for a horizontal punt returner that we didn't need and a TE. Of couse, these two beauties were promptly injured as are most of TD's top draft selections, including the one for whom we swapped 7 spots in round one, along with a 2nd and a 5th.

MM is still learning, and I for one don't think that he is SO bad. Gray is another story. Another sad story. :angry:

Now, think back exactly one year Mike. A year ago today, the Bills beat the crap out of Arizona. They beat them in all 3 phases of the game. I was there.

This Bills team, in a moves orchestrated by TD, is no longer playing with the DT, LT, nor QB of the 9-7 Bills. (Takeo of course is not the fault of TD.)

He handed these crucial jobs to a castoff, and 2 completely unproven second year players. There was not even a slight attempt to address these areas in the draft; whereas TD opted for a horizontal punt returner that we didn't need and  a TE. Of couse, these two beauties were promptly injured as are most of TD's top draft selections, including the one for whom we swapped 7 spots in round one, along with a 2nd and a 5th.

MM is still learning, and I for one don't think that he is SO bad. Gray is another story. Another sad story.  :angry:

491538[/snapback]

You're right in many respects Bill but I fear we are heading down the path to becoming an Arizona level franchise. Keep in mind there's also a whole lot of frustration boiling up inside me. I just can't stand the idea of a coach willing to accept "taking a step" as a positive when you give away an incredibly winnable game

Keep in mind there's also a whole lot of frustration boiling up inside me. 

491583[/snapback]

You and me both!

Imo, TD's chickens have come home to roost. In addition to his mostly idiotic draft picks, his wonder boy qb is sitting on the bench, a literal year and one half after the fact.

In 06, he will more than likely have an early spot from which to draft, with an extra low 3rd to boot. There are SOME good players here, and perhaps 06 will bring the return of a healthy TKO.

That begs the question......will this matter

As you know, I was against the JP trade, and one of the few who wanted to keep Bledsoe. That said, I think that it is time to sink or swim with JP. Either would be OK, because if JP is good, all the better.

If JP is awful, it would be good to find out now, rather than continue to languish in QB limbo.

Sadly, I don't know if TD has the ability to get us out of the mess that he has placed us in.

Last nights' horizontal punt return seemed to be a good summary of what TD has done to this team.

You're right in many respects Bill but I fear we are heading down the path to becoming an Arizona level franchise.  Keep in mind there's also a whole lot of frustration boiling up inside me.  I just can't stand the idea of a coach willing to accept "taking a step" as a positive when you give away an incredibly winnable game

491583[/snapback]

Players come and go...injuries happen, schedules vary. That's the same for all clubs.

The Bills have become a poor business organization isofar as offering a viable product.

But because of the popularity of the NFL, they are making money - they seem to be just a bunch of folks selling shoddy aluminium siding during a building boom. :angry:

"Shoulda been a win" Hmmmm....sounds like last year with a seasoned veteran behind QB.

I thought we were taking a step ahead by having a rookie at QB to start the season? Isn't that what we were told?

If we are making so many "steps ahead" then why the hell are we 3-5 with Holcomb behind center.

What a f'd up franchise.

WTF is this guy talking about??? 

491493[/snapback]

Too bad you missed the game. The Bills dominated them for 3 quarters of football. Up until a couple of costly turnovers late in the game, they played their arses off, not just hanging with New England, but snotting them for a better part of the game.

That's a step in the right direction, isn't it? I mean, it's better than getting man-handled in Tampa or Oakland, right?

Good question, I've been asking myself taht very same question since last night.

Hey, you like losing, that's fine with me. That's your business.

I hate losing.

491953[/snapback]

I hate losing, too, but I don't see the point of ranting & raving over a tough loss in a Week 8 game.... unless you're looking to entertain everybody else. :(

That kind of energy is better saved for more important & serious rants...

like running Bledsoe out of town. ;):lol: