The Buffalo Bills Fan Conundrum

plenzmd1

Preface by saying I'll always root for the Bills to win emotionally, even if in my head I know losing is better. And thats the issue I face this weekend.

For some unexplained reason, I think the Bills are going to win this Sunday, and for the life of me I cannot figure out if I should be excited or depressed by that possibility. I have seen enough of Holcomb over the last several years to know this guy will not win a championship. Even if you buy the argument he gives us a better chance to win now, is this not why Drew was let go? Everybody form management, to the coaches, to the majority of fans , felt the same way, so why is it differant now?

So, lets say the Bills win this Sunday. My big fear is not even that Holcomb will stay in and retard the development of JP, but somehow, someway, TD and MM will start to think that these lines are adequate, and that this D does not need to be blown up. In my mind, this roster needs to have a big turnover this year. A 7-9 , 8-8 record ,I think, will doom us to another two years of mediocrity. I do not even crae where a bad record places us in the draft, I just want a bad enough record for TD and Ralph to realize that the lines need to take priorty next year, and if we need to go into a little salary cap hell to do so, so be it.

On the other hand, Bills will be in First place. Now this is were my head comes in and says no way will they stay there with this O-line and this D. But my heart says "it could happen".

So i guess what I'm saying is I'm sick of being disappointed and every Sunday, and now I've set it up in my head I'll be happy with any outcome, except a close loss on bad call by an official.

Preface by saying I'll always root for the Bills to win emotionally, even if in my head I know losing is better. And thats the issue I face this weekend.

For some unexplained reason, I think the Bills are going to win this Sunday, and for the life of me I cannot figure out if I should be excited or depressed by that possibility. I have seen enough of Holcomb over the last several years to know this guy will not win a championship. Even if you buy the argument he gives us a better chance to win now, is this not why Drew was let go? Everybody form management, to the coaches, to the majority of fans , felt the same way, so why is it differant now?

So, lets say the Bills win this Sunday. My big fear is not even that Holcomb will stay in and retard the development of JP, but somehow, someway, TD and MM will start to think that these lines are adequate, and that this D does not need to be blown up. In my mind, this roster needs to have a big turnover this year. A 7-9 , 8-8 record ,I think, will doom us to another two years of mediocrity. I do not even crae where a bad record places us in the draft, I just want a bad enough record for TD and Ralph to realize that the lines need to take priorty next year, and if we need to go into a little salary cap hell to do so, so be it.

On the other hand, Bills will be in First place. Now this is were my head comes in and says no way will they stay there with this O-line and this D. But my heart says "it could happen". 

So i guess what I'm saying is I'm sick of being disappointed and every Sunday, and now I've set it up in my head I'll be happy with any outcome, except a close loss on bad call by an official.

485834[/snapback]

kinda like the alcoholic who needs to hit bottom

I sense that you are a conflicted individual. Part of you is living in the present, but another part of you has already moved into the future. Still a third part of you cannot escape your past. You need to find the real you. The you that you can be happy with. Embrace that you and you will find that you will embrace you right back and you will be one with you. :w00t:

Beating that pats this season is far from an impossibility. I am not saying this because the Bills are good, but because the pats are injured at key positions, suffered major coaching losses, and are probably tired from all the post season play. ;):w00t:

I have to believe that even the Bills are capable of playing one good game, and the 05 pats can have a bad one.

Beating that pats this season is far from an impossibility. I am not saying this because the Bills are good, but because the pats are injured at key positions, suffered major coaching losses, and are probably tired from all the post season play.  ;)  :w00t:

I have to believe that even the Bills are capable of playing one good game, and the 05 pats can have a bad one.

485854[/snapback]

Bill, I agrree whole hearteldly, and thats my fear. That TD and MM, and Ralph, say "hey look, we beat the Pats on the road, we really are on to something here, and its just been"inconsistency" as to why we are getting run over in every game".

That, my friend, is my worst fear!!!!!!!

For some unexplained reason, I think the Bills are going to win this Sunday, and for the life of me I cannot figure out if I should be excited or depressed by that possibility.

485834[/snapback]

:w00t:

Amazing. Simply amazing.

:w00t:

Amazing.  Simply amazing.

485886[/snapback]

Thankyou, thank you very much(in my best Elvis voice).

I know as a Bills fan that sounds wacked, but I just do not believe this team is good enough to win in the playoffs, and next year that D will be even OLDER. So at what point to you cut bait, and start to look towards next year.

Put another way, do you think the Bills would have a shot in the playoffs agaisn't any of these likely particpants(and on the road most likely)

Indy

Cincy

Pittsburgh

Denver

SanDiego

Kansas City

Jacksonville

I sure do not see from the first seven games.

I sense that you are a conflicted individual.  Part of you is living in the present, but another part of you has already moved into the future.  Still a third part of you cannot escape your past.  You need to find the real you.  The you that you can be happy with.  Embrace that you and you will find that you will embrace you right back and you will be one with you. :w00t:

485843[/snapback]

Cosmic dude ;)

Thankyou, thank you very much(in my best Elvis voice).

I know as a Bills fan that sounds wacked, but I just do not believe this team is good enough to win in the playoffs, and next year that D will be even OLDER. So at what point to you cut bait, and start to look towards next year.

Put another way, do you think the Bills would have a shot in the playoffs agaisn't any of these likely particpants(and on the road most likely)

Indy

Cincy

Pittsburgh

Denver

SanDiego

Kansas City

Jacksonville

I sure do not see from the first seven games.

485904[/snapback]

Only Indy and Pittsburgh (or perhaps Cincy) would be on the road. On the very wild off chance the Bills make the playoffs, it will be as a division winner, not a wildcard. Bills would be home against (most likely) the top wild card seed.

Reality check. If the Bills win this game each and every one of us should be completely ecstatic and proud. No excuses, no "well the Patriots are banged up", etc. etc. A win in primetime in foxboro would be nothing short of our greatest road victory in atleast 6 or 7 years, if not longer. I don't see this being within the realm of possibility, but as you know anything can happen. If we actually won this game and I came on the board afterwards and saw posts like "well they weren't at full strength" I think I would puke :w00t:

485854[/snapback]

The problem is the Pats have already had there bad games. And they weren't even that bad. They're 3-3.

I don't think they'll have a bad game against us in prime time after a bye week. We will have to play our absolutely best game and I'm not sure if MM is capable of producing that kind of performance from his players.

485834[/snapback]

Oh, I'm quite sure that the Bills won't put you in that position where you are torn. They have NO chance to win this particular game. Pats at home, primetime game, coming off a loss and a bye, and the return of Bruschi to give them a tremendous emotional lift, Bills second week on the road. I mean, why don't the schedule makers just GIVE them the game? It'd be much simpler.