Peace is Patriotic

"I'm going to go to Washington, D.C. and I'm going to give a speech at the White House, and after I do, I'm going to tie myself to the fence and refuse to leave until they agree to bring our troops home," Sheehan said in a telephone interview last week as the milestone approached.

"And I'll probably get arrested, and when I get out, I'll go back and do the same thing," she said.

Good plan. Sounds really constructive. ;)

Good plan.  Sounds really constructive.  ;)

485704[/snapback]

For some reason she became a media darling. I guess she must be fairly charismatic too - her message resonated with many people.

So let's review. You have a person with an agenda, a person who can get the major news outlets falling all over themselves to cover her, and that's the best she can come up with - tie herself to a fence on Penn Ave?

For some reason she became a media darling.  I guess she must be fairly charismatic too - her message resonated with many people.

So let's review.  You have a person with an agenda, a person who can get the major news outlets falling all over themselves to cover her, and that's the best she can come up with - tie herself to a fence on Penn Ave?

485716[/snapback]

I say leave her there. Her rotting corpse on the fense will make wonderful Halloween decoration. "Ohhh look kids, Mr & Mrs Bush did a great job this year."

For some reason she became a media darling.  I guess she must be fairly charismatic too - her message resonated with many people.

So let's review.  You have a person with an agenda, a person who can get the major news outlets falling all over themselves to cover her, and that's the best she can come up with - tie herself to a fence on Penn Ave?

485716[/snapback]

Yeah..."for some reason" the media seems to like her. As opposed to the military mothers who support the war.

For some reason..... :w00t:

Yeah..."for some reason" the media seems to like her.  As opposed to the military mothers who support the war.

For some reason..... :w00t:

486275[/snapback]

Correct me if I'm wrong but are you implying that the media is run by liberals and in a sense, they want to portray mothers of soldiers in the war as against the war, and therefor, against President Bush?

I'm sorry, that's a crazy thought. The left-dominated media would NEVER do that.

Correct me if I'm wrong but are you implying that the media is run by liberals and in a sense, they want to portray mothers of soldiers in the war as against the war, and therefor, against President Bush?

I'm sorry, that's a crazy thought.

486287[/snapback]

No, you're right. It must have been because Ms. Sheehan was such an eloquent speaker.

:)

No, you're right.  It must have been because Ms. Sheehan was such an eloquent speaker.

:)

486335[/snapback]

I'd have to agree, she is very eloquent. :lol: Listening to her makes me want to quit my life next time I'm faced with a depressing situation.

Damn it, Bills lost! I'm going to quit on everyone I know and chain myself to the gates of One Bills Drive until Donahoe gives us a Super Bowl.

This is how pathetic the right's argument has become; you have to focus on some poor woman who lost her son in Iraq, and ignore the fact that you bought, hook, line, and sinker, the PR that the the White House IRaq Group sold to the right-wing press.

Cheney fed a line to Scooter, who fed a line to Miller, who printed it in the liberal NYT, and then Cheney quoted the artice from the NYT on Meet The Press. Do you sycophants not see how yo've been played?

I'd have to agree, she is very eloquent.  :)  Listening to her makes me want to quit my life next time I'm faced with a depressing situation.

Damn it, Bills lost! I'm going to quit on everyone I know and chain myself to the gates of One Bills Drive until Donahoe gives us a Super Bowl.

486385[/snapback]

Good idea. OBD, here I come! :lol:

This is how pathetic the right's argument has become; you have to focus on some poor woman who lost her son in Iraq,

486570[/snapback]

Actually it was the left that rammed this woman down everyone's throat.

and ignore the fact that you bought, hook, line, and sinker, the PR that the the White House IRaq Group sold to the right-wing press.
Uh huh, because no one ever thought Iraq and Saddam Hussein were a threat before W was President. :)

Cheney fed a line to Scooter, who fed a line to Miller, who printed it in the liberal NYT, and then Cheney quoted the artice from the NYT on Meet The Press.  Do you sycophants not see how yo've been played?
So how do you explain all that stuff President Clinton said about Iraq pre-2001?

The ridiculous notion, which started just this week, that Judith Miller is the reason we went to war in Iraq is beyond comprehension.

This is how pathetic the right's argument has become; you have to focus on some poor woman who lost her son in Iraq, and ignore the fact that you bought, hook, line, and sinker, the PR that the the White House IRaq Group sold to the right-wing press.

Cheney fed a line to Scooter, who fed a line to Miller, who printed it in the liberal NYT, and then Cheney quoted the artice from the NYT on Meet The Press.  Do you sycophants not see how yo've been played?

486570[/snapback]

Actually, I have wanted Saddam Hussein removed from power since the Fall of 1994 when I was surge deployed to the Persain Gulf as a member of the George Washington Battle Group (MED 2-94). Saddam did something really stupid during that time that you might want to google someday. I know you like to paint all of us warmongers with a single broad brush, but you're only fooling yourself.

I guess when we got back from deployment I should have talked my mother into tying herself to the retaining fence in front of the White House grounds in protest of Clinton's actions/ cowardness. Yeah, that would have gotten our message across.

Dont you people understand? SHE'S A GRIEVING MOTHER!!! SHE CAN SAY ANYTHING SHE WANTS AND NOT BE CHALLENGED ON THIS BASIS ALONE!!!!!

Where's the compassion? So what if the hard left is using her as their political instrument knowing full well that for the most part she is beyond reproach because of her "get out of jail free" card.

Just blame the right for everything. Seems to work just fine.

Yeah..."for some reason" the media seems to like her.  As opposed to the military mothers who support the war.

For some reason..... :)

486275[/snapback]

I'll take "Sensationalism Sells" for $800 Alex.

On a "Kool Aid" scale, the above statement goes above Kool Aid...and straight to warm, full glasses of bad Vodka.

486570[/snapback]

Polititicians and political power brokers manipulating the media to forward an agenda? I, for one...am SHOCKED!!!!!! We need to get people back in power who are good, pure, wholesome folks. Ya know....like Bill and Hillary.