To those who want to fire TD / MM

Albany,n.y.

Ok, here's my challenge to you fire them folks. Who do you realistically think the Bills can replace them with. Can not should. Don't go suggesting names of guys who will never come here like Weis who would never leave ND for this team.

You have to be realistic, a lot of guys won't come to Buffalo due to weather (Nick Saban's wife would have never let him go to a northeast city), power-The Tuna would never have come here, salary etc-Marvin Lewis wanted nothing to do with Buffalo-at Ralph's coaching wage.

As far as GMs, who do you want who will work for Ralph? Modrak-his mentor is the guy you want to fire.

If you want these guys fired without reasonable replacements, it's as bad as letting Drew go for Losman-we could get guys a lot worse.

So...name some names & why you think they would be willing to come here. Otherwise, rethink your position-we know what we've got, just to fire them without a better replacement is not the answer. I don't have an answer, but since you want to do the firing, you obviously do-or should.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about the staff from the Minnesota Vikings? I hear they will all be available after seasons end!

Good points to getting them--

1.They manage the cap very well

2.Even if we are losing the team will be doin stuff to make headlines so we will always have stuff to talk about here on the wall!! :lol:

I honestly believe there is no hope for this franchise due to the fact the owner does not know quality from crap in the GM position. How the Bills ever wound up with Polian is a mystery I can't fathom. I think it was dumb luck as was the hiring of Marv Levy.

When Ralph departs, it won't necessarily get any better. Golisono can't be Governor and sports franchise owner at the same time.

I would not get rid of Mularkey and this staff. These guys are good, solid coaches who know what it takes to win in the NFL. Can they tweak a few things? sure. But i don't see enough interior linemen talent on either side of the ball to propel this team to playoff caliber. We are hamstrung with one QB (Holcomb) who has accuracy but no arm to get the ball downfield...and then JP who can chuck it deep but has no accuracy or feel for the game yet.

I happen to like a lot of the play calls on offense. Simple play calls that keep the other team off balance. Unlike most people here, i believe you cannot expect to just run the ball on the road with any consistency. You have to mix it up. At home, there will always be 3 or 4 games a year where we can punish people with the run but it's a different story on the road.

As for Donahoe? I don't know what his future holds but i hold him responsible for the talent on this team.

I honestly believe there is no hope for this franchise due to the fact the owner does not know quality from crap in the GM position.  How the Bills ever wound up with Polian is a mystery I can't fathom.  I think it was dumb luck as was the hiring of Marv Levy.

When Ralph departs, it won't necessarily get any better.  Golisono can't be Governor and sports franchise owner at the same time.

484394[/snapback]

Why not?

Also, Polian was promoted from within, and was hard charger.

Simple... you bring someone in that has a passion for winning and someone that knows the value of an experienced head caoch.

To suggest that Donahoe shouldn't be fired is ridiculous. Under his watch this team has gone 29-42... soon to be 29-43. In today's NFL with every team working under the same salary cap rules and the parity that has been established as well, there is absolutely no reason for any team to not make the playoffs that has undergone a total rebuild over a 5 year period. This team is no closer to contending for the super bowl than it was in year 2 and 3 of the rebuild. We could go 5 more years with Donahoe and you still will not have a SB contender.

Ok, here's my challenge to you fire them folks.  Who do you realistically think the Bills can replace them with.  Can not should.  Don't go suggesting names of guys who will never come here like Weis who would never leave ND for this team. 

You have to be realistic, a lot of guys won't come to Buffalo due to weather (Nick Saban's wife would have never let him go to a northeast city), power-The Tuna would never have come here, salary etc-Marvin Lewis wanted nothing to do with Buffalo-at Ralph's coaching wage. 

As far as GMs, who do you want who will work for Ralph?  Modrak-his mentor is the guy you want to fire. 

If you want these guys fired without reasonable replacements, it's as bad as letting Drew go for Losman-we could get guys a lot worse.

So...name some names & why you think they would be willing to come here.  Otherwise, rethink your position-we know what we've got, just to fire them without a better replacement is not the answer.  I don't have an answer, but since you want to do the firing, you obviously do-or should.

484358[/snapback]

Devil's advocate - why couldn't we offer the Tuna all the power, give him TD's and Mularkey's jobs, give him the president title? Ya gotta think he'd have more power working for Wilson than Jones, right?

Also, you don't think giving Weis full organizational control wouldn't be enough to lure him away from ND? I think it would. I think he'd love the chance to compete against Belichik.

And why can't we bring back Levy in the Walsh-under-Mariucci mold?

Devil's advocate - why couldn't we offer the Tuna all the power, give him TD's and Mularkey's jobs, give him the president title?  Ya gotta think he'd have more power working for Wilson than Jones, right?

Also, you don't think giving Weis full organizational control wouldn't be enough to lure him away from ND?  I think it would.  I think he'd love the chance to compete against Belichik. 

484490[/snapback]

Ralph wouldn't want Parcells. He holds grudges.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but several sources indicated Weis (and Marvin Lewis) were less interested in the Buffalo job.

I'm not sure what Levy would bring to the organization aside from ghosts and expectation. I've a feeling he's too old to relate to today's NFL player, and I'm not sure what he'd bring to a front office seeing as how he's never held that kind of position (again, correct me if I'm wrong here).

Tom Heckert for G.M. and Brad Childress for head coach (this isn't tough -- i could offer 10 names for each position which are available and upgrades over what we have).....

484363[/snapback]

Brad Childress? And you think we throw too much now? :lol:

I'm all for offering Parcells the keys to everything. Buffalonians seem to have an inferiority complex about a guy like him never wanting to come here - but he's an old school guy who I think respects an organization like Buffalo. Unlike Jimmy Johnson he doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who HAS TO live in a big city - did he actually frequent the trendy night clubs in NYC?

Honestly I'm tired of the hiring and firing rollercoaster. We need better players on both sides of the line. Period. Start to address this in the coming off-season and I will be happy. A new coach or GM isn't going to be able to change anything drastically and will probably hurt at first more than he would help.

Devil's advocate - why couldn't we offer the Tuna all the power, give him TD's and Mularkey's jobs, give him the president title?  Ya gotta think he'd have more power working for Wilson than Jones, right?

Also, you don't think giving Weis full organizational control wouldn't be enough to lure him away from ND?  I think it would.  I think he'd love the chance to compete against Belichik. 

484490[/snapback]

1) It's called tampering-loss of picks...

2) Nobody leaves ND to coach in the NFL unless they are failing at ND. ND is one of the greatest coaching jobs in the profession-if you're a success.

3) I have no problem if Marv wants it.

Honestly I'm tired of the hiring and firing rollercoaster. We need better players on both sides of the line. Period. Start to address this  in the coming off-season and I will be happy. A new coach or GM isn't going to be able to change anything drastically and will probably hurt at first more than he would help.

484541[/snapback]

If we need better players, and the reason we don't have better players is because the GM didn't get them, isn't the only way to fix it to start with a new GM? Hiring and firing involves players as well as coaches, and you're apparently not tired of that.

1) It's called tampering-loss of picks...

2) Nobody leaves ND to coach in the NFL unless they are failing at ND.  ND is one of the greatest coaching jobs in the profession-if you're a success. 

3) I have no problem if Marv wants it.

484869[/snapback]

I was talking about Parcells a while ago. Some poster said we couldn't get him because he wanted too much power. I know we can't touch him now.

I don't know about no one leaving Notre Dame. There's no one in recent history to compare him to. But people have left Florida and LSU recentlyso I don't think you can say it would never happen to Notre Dame. Plus, Weis seems like the kind to want to prove himself at the highest level.

I know he's been offered head coaching jobs in the past and has repeatedly turned them down, but Denver Offensive Coordinator Gary Kubiak. We'd finally have a coach that knows you have to run the ball to win. If not Kubiak I could see shannahan on a tight rope in denver if they don't get over the hump this year. JP has the tools that fit that kind of offense, and they can make any rb look like the 2nd coming.

Or Jim Fassel. I'm not overly high on fassel but he did have some success with the giants even getting them to the superbowl. He tired out with the giants. Maybe a new start would help them.

Or another guy that's been offered head coaching jobs in the past Tampas Defensive coordinator Monte Kiffen. 10 straight years of having a top 10 defense. Unreal. I think he's one of those guys that's just happier being a coordinator, but it's just a name I'd throw out there.

Oh and according to Adam Schefter there's heavy talk that some teams might try to lure Charlie Weis away from ND. He has a buyout option on his contract for a measly 1.5 million.... just sayin.

As Far as gm's go I'm not really sure. I'm not all that informed about general manager positions.

Ok, here's my challenge to you fire them folks.  Who do you realistically think the Bills can replace them with.  Can not should.  Don't go suggesting names of guys who will never come here like Weis who would never leave ND for this team. 

As far as GMs, who do you want who will work for Ralph?  Modrak-his mentor is the guy you want to fire. 

So...name some names & why you think they would be willing to come here.  Otherwise, rethink your position-we know what we've got, just to fire them without a better replacement is not the answer.  I don't have an answer, but since you want to do the firing, you obviously do-or should.

484358[/snapback]

Oh I don't know.....let's see, what's the worst we could do....hire someone to come in and work for 5 years and not make the playoffs once? Because that would be his standard to go by. Someone to come in and have a horrible record against teams over .500? Someone to come in and have an even worse record vs. sub .500 teams as well as good teams on the road?

Seriously, gimmie anyone. I'm ready for the football team to go in a totally different direction with JP as the QB, and Willis and Lee as the initial skilled people. With this team failing, and the defense getting old, TD will have to remold for the third time in 6 yrs soon. That simply doesn't cut it in my book.

And you never know about Charlie Weis until you actually inquire.