THIS WEEK IS A DEFINING MOMENT...

DeeRay

Willis opened his mouth and proclaimed his greatness to the world this week. Willis is now a legend, at least in his own mind.

Meanwhile the Raiduhs are sitting back saying "What you talking bout Willis?" Nothing like a little locker room bulletin board material to get a 1-4 team amped up. I'll bet the Bills offensive line is absolutely ecstatic over his remarks.

Therefore, I decalare this week the "defining moment" in the very short career of Willis McGahee, in only his 1st full season as a starter. This boy opened his mouth.... He's talked the talk. Now he better walk that talk.

If he goes into Oakland and lays an egg, there are going to be a lot of Bills fans that will never let him live it down. Come Monday, there may be one hell of a message board lynching... and a well deserved one at that.

I don't think Bills fans, per se, have too much of a problem with their players talking smack (although I believe we'd just prefer that our Bills do their taliking on the field). However, if a player talks smack and doesn't deliver, then... well, there are severe consequences for that.

This is his defining moment.

His defining moment will be his next contract (providing of course he stays healthy.

This kind of thing seems to be the m.o. for Rosenhaus. Players probably DO increase their value at contract time by "selling themselves" beforehand. I have no problem with it. and I am not going to take it seriously.

Make no mistake....Willis WILL get paid. Look what happened as soon as he took the field for the Bills. The Bills record since he came in as a starter improved greatly.

I think that Willis is a good and smart kid who is being guided by a good and smart agent. No big deal.

Jmo.

Make no mistake....Willis WILL get paid. Look what happened as soon as he took the field for the Bills. The Bills record since he came in as a starter improved greatly.

I think that Willis is a good and smart kid who is being guided by a good and smart agent. No big deal.

Jmo.

482666[/snapback]

Maybe, maybe not. A quarter of the guys on the roster can make the same claim - Virriallel, Evans, McGee... They arn't all going the hit the payday jackpot with the Bills, and some will walk. I only hope we don't break the bank over any of them.

If he goes into Oakland and lays an egg, there are going to be a lot of Bills fans that will never let him live it down.  Come Monday, there may be one hell of a message board lynching... and a well deserved one at that.

482663[/snapback]

So what you are saying is if Willis plays poorly this week, we are going to have to hear you complain even MORE next week.

just dont be surprised when you are the only one in your so-called lynch mob.

I declare this week the defining moment for all defining moments! If any of these defining moments are not irrefutably defined this week, and I'm talkin' WEBSTER UNABRIDGED DEFINED, they will no longer exist as moments at all. Except, I suppose, with some very sketchy, illogical, convoluted definitions. That's it! I declared it! It is now so!

I declare this week the defining moment for all defining moments! If any of these defining moments are not irrefutably defined this week, and I'm talkin' WEBSTER UNABRIDGED DEFINED, they will no longer exist as moments at all. Except, I suppose, with some very sketchy, illogical, convoluted definitions. That's it! I declared it! It is now so!

482696[/snapback]

If that does happen, I may just stay in my room and hide. :doh:

His defining moment will be his next contract (providing of course he stays healthy.

This kind of thing seems to be the m.o. for Rosenhaus. Players probably DO increase their value at contract time by "selling themselves" beforehand. I have no problem with it. and I am not going to take it seriously.

Jmo.

482666[/snapback]

I agree.

482696[/snapback]

So says K-dog, and so it shall be. :doh:

:doh:

482696[/snapback]