Speaking of betting/gambling/wagering

stevestojan

After looking at all the games this week, does anyone else think that a solid bet would be Oak - 3?

Now before you jump all over me, I am talking purly financially and gambling wise. I would NEVER root against the bills, and I have never bet against them before.

The thing is (and in my crazy mind my reasoning would be) is that if i bet them, and they do end up losing (and I win my bet), at least the loss hurts a little less. And if i bet them and the Bills win, sure i lose $50, but the Bills win, so who cares.

That, and the fact that I think this would be a solid bet.

I really dont think I'll do it, and please don't respond saying Im not a Bills fan, blah, blah, crap.

I am a Bills fan, Im here every fugging day, Im just wondering if you looked at this and said "we're only getting 3?" like i did...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

After looking at all the games this week, does anyone else think that a solid bet would be Oak - 3?

Now before you jump all over me, I am talking purly financially and gambling wise. I would NEVER root against the bills, and I have never bet against them before.

The thing is (and in my crazy mind my reasoning would be) is that if i bet them, and they do end up losing (and I win my bet), at least the loss hurts a little less. And if i bet them and the Bills win, sure i lose $50, but the Bills win, so who cares.

I really dont think I'll do it, and please don't respond saying Im not a Bills fan, blah, blah, crap.

I am a Bills fan, Im here every fugging day, Im just wondering if you looked at this and said "we're only getting 3?" like i did...

35045[/snapback]

Pound it. It will make a Bills win all that much sweeter.

35045[/snapback]

Where is the fun in winning money at the Bills expense? The best part of betting on football is that it takes what otherwise would be a meaningless game to one, and makes it exciting. Do your homework and apply that cash to one of the 1:00 games.

ok, I've come to my senses. I will not be doing that. or ever.

But, do you think other fans outside of b-lo are taking this as a gimmee?

35062[/snapback]

No. General consensus around here is that both teams sucked last year,

and didn't prove anything last week.

Most are picking Raiders only cause they're at home

So what was the point of the post? Oh, I know...

35091[/snapback]

You are not trying to imply that he was posting a T-Bag type "please pay attention to me" thread, were you? If so, you are a real a-hole.

You are not trying to imply that he was posting a T-Bag type "please pay attention to me" thread, were you? If so, you are a real a-hole.

35096[/snapback]

Oh yeah like stevestojan would ever do that. You know know that you mention it, I do see a lot of similarities.

35096[/snapback]

No, not that. Actually I think it more likely he places the bet anyway. Thinking that a team broke major rules of the sport during a Super Bowl run is great says a lot for the old value system.

35045[/snapback]

Not with the Bills, but I have used that logic before when picking the Felons to win

if I thought it was a good bet.

If the Felons lose, I'm very happy.

If the Felons win, I'm not happy but at least I won some $$$.

Of course, this strategy is only good before December. :blush:

ok, I've come to my senses. I will not be doing that. or ever.

But, do you think other fans outside of b-lo are taking this as a gimmee?

35062[/snapback]

steve,

jeff cameron the local sports radio guy, does a on the air betting session every thursday for the weekends college and NFL games...but if you call to bet with him, you bet a food item, and then all the food goes to the soup kitchen (yesterday someone bet 2 boxes of mac and cheese, a box of cereal, etc)...

but he said the raiders -3 was a no brainer...if we had power i woulda called and bet some spaghetti-o's on the bills tho