A little excessive?

Spun

I have mixed feeling about this story. Living here with the yinzers makes you apprieciate normal fans: my God, the Steelers were 19-3 in their last 22 going into this game. Would'nt we all be pretty happy with that - but not the Stiller fans. If they wanted to be pissed at someone it should have been Rothlisburger after his meltdown in the AFC title game, but no, he is the golden child in this town.

However, Maddox did not handle the situation very well, he blamed everything (the wind) and everyone (the center, the fullback and the WR) for his failure.

But that was no excuse for the garbage thrown on his lawn or the tuanting his kids took.

I have mixed feeling about this story. Living here with the yinzers makes you apprieciate normal fans: my God, the Steelers were 19-3 in their last 22 going into this game. Would'nt we all be pretty happy with that - but not the Stiller fans. If they wanted to be pissed at someone it should have been Rothlisburger after his meltdown in the AFC title game, but no, he is the golden child in this town.

However, Maddox did not handle the situation very well, he blamed everything (the wind) and everyone (the center, the fullback and the WR) for his failure.

But that was no excuse for the garbage thrown on his lawn or the tuanting his kids took.

482153[/snapback]

Yunz going to the game? :rolleyes:

My mom's from Monessen. :rolleyes:

Definitely way excessive and I hope they catch the clowns and put them in a locked room with the Stiller OLine(unless it was the Stiller OLine).

That being said, a lot of people are pissed for good reason, imo. The Pittsburgh staff's (Cowher's) decision to start TurnoverTommy vs a good Jags defense was just bizarre. The guy has been awful his last several appearances while Batch has looked very good in the little action he's been given. Stiller fans (at least the ones around here) are starting to recognize this and they were all clamoring for Batch to play last weekend. I had stopped my bro-in-law's house last Sunday at halftime and watching him go ballistic when they brought Maddox back on in the 3rd for some more terrible football was very entertaining. :rolleyes:

For what it's worth, Maddox has been demoted to the #3 spot and Batch will be backing up the gimpy Roethlisberger this weekend. It may be a moot point though as teh Stillers are missing both Townsend and Coclough at the corners from what I understand. I hope they don't rush Roethlisberger back too early as I think they've got an even better shot at a title this year than they did last and I'd really like to see Bettis, Ward and Hartings play in a SuperBowl before they retire.

... and I'd really like to see Bettis, Ward and Hartings play in a SuperBowl before they retire.

482178[/snapback]

Except for Ward, aren't the others FAs next year?

I wouldn't mind Hartings anchoring the Bills' OL SB team next year :rolleyes:

Except for Ward, aren't the others FAs next year?

I wouldn't mind Hartings anchoring the Bills' OL SB team next year :rolleyes:

482186[/snapback]

From your lips........

Not sure about contract situations but I think Ward did eventually sign the extension.

Hartings must be bionic. He's had medicos telling him for years that his knees will never take the pounding of another NFL season yet he just keep suiting up and playing tough for 16 games. :rolleyes: I don't know how long he can keep it going but he's really turned me into a bit of a fan and I hope he gets to play under the big lights berfore it's too late.

Definitely way excessive and I hope they catch the clowns and put them in a locked room with the Stiller OLine(unless it was the Stiller OLine).

That being said, a lot of people are pissed for good reason, imo. The Pittsburgh staff's (Cowher's) decision to start TurnoverTommy vs a good Jags defense was just bizarre. The guy has been awful his last several appearances while Batch has looked very good  in the little action he's been given. Stiller fans (at least the ones around here) are starting to recognize this and they were all clamoring for Batch to play last weekend. I had stopped my bro-in-law's house last Sunday at halftime and watching him go ballistic when they brought Maddox back on in the 3rd for some more terrible football was very entertaining.  :rolleyes:

For what it's worth, Maddox has been demoted to the #3 spot and Batch will be backing up the gimpy Roethlisberger this weekend. It may be a moot point though as teh Stillers are missing both Townsend and Coclough at the corners from what I understand. I hope they don't rush Roethlisberger back too early as I think they've got an even better shot at a title this year than they did last and I'd really like to see Bettis, Ward and Hartings play in a SuperBowl before they retire.

482178[/snapback]

You just won't rest until Charlie Batch is voted to the HOF, will you? <_<<_<:rolleyes:

As a Bills fan here in Youngstown, I've seen some pretty idiotic behavior from

both Pittsburgh and Cleveland fans. I was unfortunate enough to be sitting in the original "Dawg Pound" at Cleveland Municipal stadium for the Bills' 41-0 rout

of the Browns in 1990 and consider myself lucky to have come out uninjured.

I also saw some pretty nasty behavior at Three Rivers Stadium, between fans

who were rooting for the same team.

Then again, I think I've been to over 40 games at the Ralph and seen some

real morons at their finest there.

I think it comes down to three things: alcohol, emotion and stupidity. Put those three together and you're guaranteed for some real "fun" no matter where you go.

We're pretty fortunate here in the U.S. that our fans are fairly well behaved when you consider what happens at the average European soccer game.