TONIGHTS GAME

can anyone confirm that the game will not be shown on tv tonight outside the florida and kansas city area? I understand if it was not a nationally televised game schedules for sunday it would not be on but I bought the nfl sunday ticket and everygame is supposed to be on.

These are the types of situations where the NFL Network can chime in and broadcast the game live...but no, they don't think that way.

The way I heard it explained is that the Sunday Ticket package is for Sunday games ONLY (and the occasional full slate of Saturday games, like this year)...check-cashing whore Tagliabue could have stepped up on this one, but in typical fashion, folded. :rolleyes:

I just read that the NFL has a long standing policy that they don't play games on Friday nights because that is the typical night of high school football games all over the country, and won't televise them nationally if they do play one. Seems kind of ridiculous for me because of this one game couldnt hurt but that is their policy, especially on DirectTV for the Sunday Ticket purchasers, even if not on regular TV.

Dolphins | No National Broadcast of Friday Night Game

Thu, 20 Oct 2005 22:43:38 -0700

Rick Dean, of the Capital-Journal, reports because the NFL has an agreement in principal not to broadcast games on Friday nights, the traditional night of high school competition, the rescheduled game between the Kansas City Chiefs and Miami Dolphins will be shown only in markets within a 75-mile radius of the two competing cities.

These are the types of situations where the NFL Network can chime in and broadcast the game live...but no, they don't think that way.

The way I heard it explained is that the Sunday Ticket package is for Sunday games ONLY (and the occasional full slate of Saturday games, like this year)...check-cashing whore Tagliabue could have stepped up on this one, but in typical fashion, folded.  :rolleyes:

481844[/snapback]

I am not a fan of Tagliabue all that much, but it seems to me that calling him a check-cashing whore here is unfair. In fact, a check cashing whore would be showing the game not deciding against it., They lose money not showing the game not make it.

Guys, please take this in the spirit that it's given (that is: not a slam) but...

Don't you have anything better to do on a Friday night?  :rolleyes:

481952[/snapback]

Let's see ....... hot sweaty monkey sex with the wife ........... or ......... rooting for a Dolphin loss

Hmmmmm ...... let's see .......

LET'S GO CHIEFS ...... LET'S GO CHIEFS ........... LET'S GO CHIEFS !!!!!!!

Let's see ....... hot sweaty monkey sex with the wife ........... or ......... rooting for a Dolphin loss

Hmmmmm ...... let's see .......

LET'S GO CHIEFS ...... LET'S GO CHIEFS ........... LET'S GO CHIEFS !!!!!!!

481960[/snapback]

That's what you get for marrying a monkey. As soon as she figured out that wasn't a banana in your pocket, the romance was over, right?