I put my cat to sleep today

The Jokeman

Her name was Smokey, I got her at six weeks so she's been a large part of my life (I'm 28). I can still remember the day I got her like it was yesterday. Though she hadn't been her self of late, not eating, constantly sleeping and finally this morning she couldn't even sit up or walk anymore. She was only friendly to me and my folks anyone else that came to the house would get hissed at and clawed at. She even let out one last hiss at the vet before taking her last breath.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So sorry for your loss. Losing a pet is just like losing a member of your family.

Grieve for a while, then maybe smokeyII is in the picture?

A friend at work recently had to put his cat of at least 18 years to sleep. The cats name was smokey. Kind of wierd.

Her name was Smokey, I got her at six weeks so she's been a large part of my life (I'm 28). I can still remember the day I got her like it was yesterday. Though she hadn't been her self of late, not eating, constantly sleeping and finally this morning she couldn't even sit up or walk anymore.  She was only friendly to me and my folks anyone else that came to the house would get hissed at and clawed at. She even let out one last hiss at the vet before taking her last breath.

481511[/snapback]

My condolences, Jokeman.

Our pets are so very valuable to us, be they cat, dog, or whatever. They tug at the heart, have an innocent dependency, and teach us daily lessons about the value of optimism and loyalty.

You did the right thing in easing your dear one on ahead. It's hard to do, but it's what one must do in exchange for all those years of comradship. Pets will suffer in silence, but I'm sure you saw something in kitty's eyes that said it was time to part, with the assured promise of reunion down the road.

Pets, like people, live in our hearts forever.

19 years is a good long life for a cat. We have a Siamese that is 17 years old and I'm dreading the day he decides to leave us.

Hang in there for a few weeks and then go rescue another cat from a shelter.

Really sorry about the loss of your cat, it sucks!

So sorry for your loss.  Losing a pet is just like losing a member of your family.

Grieve for a while, then maybe smokeyII is in the picture?

A friend at work recently had to put his cat of at least 18 years to sleep.  The cats name was smokey.  Kind of wierd.

481514[/snapback]

Lot's of cat's are named Smokey. Not weird.

We've had our cat for about 10 years. When he's gone we plan to sell the house, buy a sailboat and float around the Caribbean for the rest of our lives. So we can't go until he does. My wife keeps coming home and catching me with my hands around the cat's neck a la Homer and Bart. Damn nine lives!

I kid, I kid. I love him like a son.

My condolences

Be PC, if you want to delete my thoughts - and they have a lot more validity than yours in a lot of areas, at least ask me a question.

But, someone's cat croaked. We must all do whatever, wring our hands and rent our garments.

(Mods decided that anything about virtual life vs real people must be deleted, it's not kitty friendly. Took out the context of a conversation. Anything to do with dead cats must be sancrosact).

Be PC, if you want to delete my thoughts - and they have a lot more validity than yours in a lot of areas, at least ask me a question.

But, someone's cat croaked.

481617[/snapback]

When my uncle served on the USS Midway during WWII & Korea, he called himself "The Admiral's Pimp" b/c at every port he was the interpreter (he knew French) and was told whether to get him a blonde, brunette or redhead. The occassion came for the Adm. to tell hi, "You are the most irreverent bastard I've ever met." To which the reply was, "Thank you, sir!" :rolleyes:

Paul, you're the most irreverent bastard anyone's ever met, electronically speakin'.

When my uncle served on the USS Midway during WWII & Korea, he called himself "The Admiral's Pimp" b/c at every port he was the interpreter (he knew French) and was told whether to get him a blonde, brunette or redhead. The occassion came for the Adm. to tell hi, "You are the most irreverent bastard I've ever met." To which the reply was, "Thank you, sir!" :rolleyes:

Paul, you're the most irreverent bastard anyone's ever met, electronically speakin'.

481621[/snapback]

I really don't think so. I can be much more irreverant than this.