Upset Special

gantrules

So, Who do you guys like to upset this week.

My pick is SD over the Jets.

Here's why. Jets D is shaky at best. Brees is a little more composed than Palmer was last week. Both corners on the Jets can and will be tested and it will open up more options for LT.

I'm not saying the Chargers are going to blow them out....but I do think they will beat them by a FG.

So, Who do you guys like to upset this week.

My pick is SD over the Jets.

Here's why. Jets D is shaky at best. Brees is a little more composed than Palmer was last week. Both corners on the Jets can and will be tested and it will open up more options for LT.

I'm not saying the Chargers are going to blow them out....but I do think they will beat them by a FG.

34938[/snapback]

I watched the Cincy/Jets game. Palmer did better than I thought. Penny picked on rookie Madeiu Williams, who is a safety but was forced into the LCB spot because of injuries. Williams did well in the 2nd half. The Jets did well on special teams. Cincy's running game is almost exclusively between the tackles, and the Jets did well although the B'gal's OL is weak due to injuries. The Jet's cb's weren't outstanding, but in the games I watched last week, it looks like adjustments are being worked out in recognition of the NFL's announced interference and defensive holding emphasis.

I've never seen Tomlinson play (is he an outside threat? - I haven't got that impression), and because cincy keeps to an inside run, I don't know if they (the Jets)have problems with combating outside runs.

In the work pool I choose Arizona over New England.  The cardinals cannot lose on Pat Tilman day!

34961[/snapback]

I have to agree with this upset too. Besides the fact that it will be Pat Tilman day, I believe the temperature will be somewhere between sweltering and scorching hot. The Cards have at least practiced in this and should be able to handle it better than the Pats.

Tomlinson can hurt you in so many ways.....my thought is they are going to dump the ball to him more this week b/c the secondary is weak for the Jets. If they can open up some type of down field passing game it should open up the dump pass for LT. And yes LT can run on the outside like a stud. If you've got him on fantasy teams this week I'd be looking for a huge game.

The last thing I want is for Arizona to shock NE...that would pretty much negate ANY chance the Bills have of pulling an upset 2 weeks later...The Pats aren't losing back to back games to the Cardinals and Bills...