Get Your Barf Bags Ready

Boy, those schedule makers sure don't ever do us any favors: New England will be coming off a bye, AND A LOSS, on national TV with all of the "What's wrong with the Patriots?" and Bruschi hype and storylines.

They haven't (and won't) lost two in a row since 2002. We'll be enduring our 2nd consecutive road game.

But, what will be the most stomach-churning, will be the lovefest of Brady, Bruschi, and the Pats "great organization."

The Bills will get as much air time in this one as Oates in a Hall & Oates video.

I can see Brushci making a pick and the ESPN Sunday night crew going crazy. Paul McGuire: "Now, just wait a second. Let me tell you something, Joseph. I don't care what anybody else says--Ted Bruschi is the best football player ever to play. Period."

480099[/snapback]

Boom.

I can see Brushci making a pick and the ESPN Sunday night crew going crazy. Paul McGuire: "Now, just wait a second. Let me tell you something, Joseph. I don't care what anybody else says--Ted Bruschi is the best football player ever to play. Period."

480099[/snapback]

And since McGuire always begins his sentences with "You talk about..." (seriously, count them), he'll say "You talk about courage? You talk about heart? Tedy Brusci is the (your superlative here) ever to play the game. I mean, are you kidding me?"

All streaks are meant to end. It sounds to good to be true for PATS. They will be ripe for the pickin'.

1. Holcomb has found some new life at QB.

2. McG is using that stiff arm and power every week now.

3. Evans is stretching denfenses.

4. Tightend posistion is solid.

5. We have the best defensive backfield in the LEAGUE.

6. Tom Brady will watch 2 weeks worth of game film on McGee and Clemens.

7. They will be in his head.

8. There is just to much hype on this one.

Mine as weel look at the positive aspects to. Go Bills!

We're not ready to beat the Patriots in their own stadium, coming off a loss and a bye week, on prime time. By the time they line up against us, they'll have seen ever imaginable play that could result from the wr/slot receiver/TE-bunched-up-to-the-right set formation and have an answer for the three plays that follow it.

That said, there have been some OUTSTANDING Paul McGuire imitations here. JR's was terrific, but nodnarb really got the essence of the man. The only thing missing was the gratuitous McGuire explanation of what happened during a play, only to get half way through the explanation to find out what he thought he saw was completely different from what actually happened.

McGuire: "Let me tell you, you wanna talk about defense, let me tell you watch right here on this play. The whole thing happens because Bruschi gets through that line and blows this thing up and...okay, well it wasn't Bruschi, and no one got through the line to blow things up, but wasn't that a special play?"

Patrick: "Oh boy, you got that right."

Theeeseman: "Y'know Paul, I was talking to Joe Dicksuk, the assistant to the general assistant manager for the uniform cleaning crew, and he told me something interesting..."

McGuire: "Let me tell you, you wanna talk about defense, let me tell you watch right here on this play. The whole thing happens because Bruschi gets through that line and blows this thing up and...okay, well it wasn't Bruschi, and no one got through the line to blow things up, but wasn't that a special play?"

480236[/snapback]

That actually sounds more like Madden to me.

That actually sounds more like Madden to me.

480241[/snapback]

My bad. I used the wrong font.

This should sound more like McGuire:

"Let me tell you, you wanna talk about defense, let me tell you watch right here on this play. The whole thing happens because Bruschi gets through that line and blows this thing up and...okay, well it wasn't Bruschi, and no one got through the line to blow things up, but wasn't that a special play?"

Yeah. That does sound more like McGuire.

My bad. I used the wrong font.

This should sound more like McGuire:

"Let me tell you, you wanna talk about defense, let me tell you watch right here on this play. The whole thing happens because Bruschi gets through that line and blows this thing up and...okay, well it wasn't Bruschi, and no one got through the line to blow things up, but wasn't that a special play?"

480279[/snapback]

You nailed it!

All streaks are meant to end.  It sounds to good to be true for PATS.  They will be ripe for the pickin'. 

1.  Holcomb has found some new life at QB. 

2.  McG is using that stiff arm and power every week now. 

3.  Evans is stretching denfenses. 

4.  Tightend posistion is solid. 

5.  We have the best defensive backfield in the LEAGUE.

6.  Tom Brady will watch 2 weeks worth of game film on McGee and Clemens. 

7.  They will be in his head. 

8.  There is just to much hype on this one.

Mine as weel look at the positive aspects to.  Go Bills!

480228[/snapback]

Huh? Please. We have as much chance of winning that game as a one-legged man in a chin-kicking contest. And like I said, we'll get as much airtime as Oates in a Hall & Oates video. (With the Pats of course, taking the "Hall" front and center role)