Take it for what it's worth trade rumor

"This potential rumor was first reported by PFT and is now being reported by ESPN. The Vikings would send Winfield and Chavous to New England for their 1st and 2nd round pick."

Seeing how corey chavous sucks it's pretty much would be Winfield to NE for their 1st and 2nd rd pick, Although I haven't been watching ESPN so I've heard nothing to verify this rumor one way or another. I personally doubt it's validity

Picked this up from kffl message board

"This potential rumor was first reported by PFT and is now being reported by ESPN. The Vikings would send Winfield and Chavous to New England for their 1st and 2nd round pick."

Seeing how corey chavous sucks it's pretty much would be Winfield to NE for their 1st and 2nd rd pick, Although I haven't been watching ESPN so I've heard nothing to verify this rumor one way or another. I personally doubt it's validity

Picked this up from kffl message board

479917[/snapback]

Seems to me the Patriots oversold. Surely they could have gotten both of them for a couple of free tickes to ride The Good Ship Lollipop.

It would likely KILL Minnesota cap-wise.

That's the thing. All of Winfield's guaranteed money cam in the form of an '04 roster bonus, instead of a signing bonus. If they trade Winfield, the Vikings don't take a dead money hit.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. Seems like a steep price. Seems like a Yankees move - overpaying to win NOW. Thankfully, it smells like BS that won't happen anyway.

The Pats don't make desperate moves... at least not in this century.

If anything, maybe something like a #3 & 5, but not a #1 and 2, the value's just not there.

479938[/snapback]

Value is relative to how many 1s and 2s they have. I can't recall, but I remember the Patriots loading up on picks.

The Pats don't make desperate moves... at least not in this century.

If anything, maybe something like a #3 & 5, but not a #1 and 2, the value's just not there.

479938[/snapback]

Winfield is worth that by himself (1&2)...ESPECIALLY the way their secondary got lit up last week.

It's NOT being reported by ESPN.

It would need to happen within the next few hours.

It would likely KILL Minnesota cap-wise.

It would NOT involved NE's 1st and 2nd rounders - we could only HOPE they'd be so stupid (they won't).

479918[/snapback]

Let me first say--I put no credence in this rumor...however--it would not kill Minnesota cap wise--most of Winfield's bonus was not pro-rated but taken entirely as a salary hit to last year's cap......

How is a player coming off PUP after being cleared by multiple doctors a desperation move?

480022[/snapback]

Do you think he'd come back this soon if the Pats were undefeated and coasting?

I am assuming that his decision to come back is based on the fact that he's been medically cleared to return by every doctor he's sought out, not the team's record.

480072[/snapback]

If I had to hazard a guess I'd say it's perhaps a combination of the two. He might have been more inclined to take the season off if he wasn't watching his teammates struggle out there every week.