Take it for what it's worth trade rumor

If I had to hazard a guess I'd say it's perhaps a combination of the two.  He might have been more inclined to take the season off if he wasn't watching his teammates struggle out there every week.

480080[/snapback]

Anyone else, I'd probably agree with you. Not Bruschi - I truly believe the man just loves the game that much.

From his press conference:

Q: Did the fact that the team was struggling make you push your rehab a little more?

TB: No, because I couldn't. I couldn't let how the team was doing affect my mindset on my rehabilitation, because I sort of believe I had to take it upon myself that my rehabilitation and getting myself 100 percent healthy has to be first and foremost, before the team in my mind. I couldn't let Rodney (Harrison) getting hurt affect it. I couldn't let any type of loss affect it because what I was doing was so important to me, and because there was no way I was going to be able to help them anyway if I wasn't able to perform the way I felt I was capable of. So what I had to focus on was my rehabilitation first and foremost.

Q: What do you miss most about Sundays and playing football?

TB: I think I just miss the game of football. It's what I do. I play football and I'm a football player. Playing the games is the most fun thing about it. There are meetings and practices and training sessions that you have to go through, but playing football and being a part of this team - this New England Patriot team - is something that I really feel special about. The game. The game is what I missed.

How many licks does it take to get to the center of the Cullpepper Lollipop? The world may never know. :(:blush:

Seems to me the Patriots oversold. Surely they could have gotten both of them for a couple of free tickes to ride The Good Ship Lollipop.

479930[/snapback]

Anyone else, I'd probably agree with you. Not Bruschi - I truly believe the man just loves the game that much.

From his press conference:

I have no doubt that Bruschi loves the game. I think though that if the Pats were 5-1 or 6-0 and looking as dominating as in the past, they would shut him down and not give him the option to come back this year.