"The Coach" on WGR55 today

Frez

Did anyone catch the "Coach" on WGR55 today at 11am?  Just wondering what he had to say about yesterday and his all around thoughts.

I like the guy.  :blink:

478439[/snapback]

he said holcomb will make randy wish he came to buffalo

i don't know what the coach had to say today on WGR but yesterday after the game on Rochester WHAM he was pretty animated about the play calling from Tom Clemments.

He figured that if Willis had 75 (guessing) yards in the 1st half he should have finished with 200 total. So he was a little critical of the fact that they threw the bal too much in the 2nd half.

Other than that he was pretty mellow.

i don't know what the coach had to say today on WGR but yesterday after the game on Rochester WHAM he was pretty animated about the play calling from Tom Clemments.

He figured that if Willis had 75 (guessing) yards in the 1st half he should have finished with 200 total.  So he was a little critical of the fact that they threw the bal too much in the 2nd half. 

Other than that he was pretty mellow.

478519[/snapback]

he'll get animated next week

i cant get my eyes off your avatar

Did anyone catch the "Coach" on WGR55 today at 11am?  Just wondering what he had to say about yesterday and his all around thoughts.

I like the guy.  :blink:

478439[/snapback]

Yes, I caught it. He said that the AFC East is so mediocre now, that 3-3 =first place tie, but hey he'll take it. He felt Tom Clements is finally figuring it out w/ Willis but that he should have continued pounding w/ him instead of throwing. He thinks the Bills problem on run D is gap control and the solution will be to have Sam Adams play a "two gap" style defense. He can't believe they haven't done this yet, but it should be JG's next move. He feels we should easily beat the Raiders with a similar game plan as vs Jets. Not the greatest insight, but I feel he was right on, particularly with the two gap comment. :D

Yes, I caught it. He said that the AFC East is so mediocre now, that 3-3 =first place tie, but hey he'll take it. He felt Tom Clements is finally figuring it out w/ Willis but that he should have continued pounding w/ him instead of throwing. He thinks the Bills problem on run D is gap control and the solution will be to have Sam Adams play a "two gap" style defense. He can't believe they haven't done this yet, but it should be JG's next move. He feels we should easily beat the Raiders with a similar game plan as vs Jets. Not the greatest insight, but I feel he was right on, particularly with the two gap comment. :blink:

Save the 2-gap stuff for the Pats. And I agree that they should have run Willis more, especially near their own endzone, i.e. on that series where Holcomb throws that INT that gets returned to the 2-yard line.

Yes, I caught it. He said that the AFC East is so mediocre now, that 3-3 =first place tie, but hey he'll take it. He felt Tom Clements is finally figuring it out w/ Willis but that he should have continued pounding w/ him instead of throwing. He thinks the Bills problem on run D is gap control and the solution will be to have Sam Adams play a "two gap" style defense. He can't believe they haven't done this yet, but it should be JG's next move. He feels we should easily beat the Raiders with a similar game plan as vs Jets. Not the greatest insight, but I feel he was right on, particularly with the two gap comment. :D

478532[/snapback]

Thanks.........

Did he have any comments on Tom Donahoe? :blink:

He's always on "Donahue"'s case. He's one of those "he has too much of an ego to bring in a strong head coach" BSers. Still on "The Mouth That Roared"'s case (GW). After bagging on TD messing up the Henry situation in the 1st week or 2, he hasn't said boo since the drug suspension.

Yesterday he called Holcomb a rag arm but said there have been plenty of successful rag arm QBs & they shouldn't throw long-just concentrate on short passes & RAC yards.

Yesterday he read a couple of E-mails criticizing him, calling him a lardass. He seemed to enjoy the critics.

If you want to listen to what he said today , go the www.wgr55.com and hit the listen to him section. I heard about half in the car today. I was at a rest stop & the radio wouldn't come in indoors, only could get him on the car radio.

He's always on "Donahue"'s case.  He's one of those "he has too much of an ego to bring in a strong head coach" BSers.  Still on "The Mouth That Roared"'s case (GW).  After bagging on  TD messing up the Henry situation in the 1st week or 2, he hasn't said boo  since the drug suspension. 

Yesterday he called Holcomb a rag arm but said there have been plenty of successful rag arm QBs & they shouldn't throw long-just concentrate on short passes & RAC yards.

Yesterday he read a couple of E-mails criticizing him, calling him a lardass.  He seemed to enjoy the critics. 

If you want to listen to what he said today , go the www.wgr55.com and hit the listen to him section.  I heard about half in the car today.  I was at a rest stop & the radio wouldn't come in indoors, only could get him on the car radio.

478552[/snapback]

Holcomb really does have a rag arm, I would agree with that. :blink: