Ok I'll say it

The guy can but a drive together. He can run the O and most importantly he has got the vets playing like they enjoy football again. :angry:

That said... The Vets should play like that no matter who is taking the snaps. Fuggin crybabies! :D (there I said it... I was negative but only after I said a couple of nice things... Not bad for 645 am with no coffee) :doh:

I agree with you in all aspects. Moulds played like he didn't give a sh-- when JPL was in there. And he calls himself a professional football player??? Some inspired play from vets like EM may have really helped JP out. But I am seated on the Holcomb bandwagon as long as we win and not because of his stellar play. He is simply managing the offense and that's fine, but i don't like his little habit of throwing the ball backwards. That being said he can do whatever he wants as long as the Bills stay on top of the AFC Least.

Tough schedule ahead.  Sooooo if Bills don't make playoffs or end up 1 game short what happens next year?  Another learning year????

477666[/snapback]

The point is winning. As long as you have a shot, you try to win. Anything else isn't acceptable.

The guy can but a drive together.  He can run the O and most importantly he has got the vets playing like they enjoy football again.  :doh:

That said... The Vets should play like that no matter who is taking the snaps. Fuggin crybabies!  :D  (there I said it... I was negative but only after I said a couple of nice things... Not bad for 645 am with no coffee)  :(

477643[/snapback]

Boy, I sure feel better knowing that! Now I can get some sleep tonight! :angry:

The point is winning. As long as you have a shot, you try to win. Anything else isn't acceptable.

477672[/snapback]

Correctamundo! I was one that really hoped that JP would come out and light it up. Fact is that he didn't. Now it needs to be Holcomb until we are out of the hunt. Who can tell what will happen the rest of the year as the team plays together and builds more chemistry. Right now on the stat sheet we don't look like a great force but who knows what will happen as the season progresses?

Right now I like winning and as long as we are then keep KH in there.

I have a lot of friends here at work who are Cleveland Browns fans (a joy to rip on them). But one of them told me something telling about Kelly Holcomb. After I thanked him for giving the Bills Holcomb and the victory agains the Dolphins last week, my friend told me... "Yeah, Kelly is good for a few of those... but is he injured yet?"

Apparently, KH has a knack of a person who is injury prone. A quarterback good enough to get you a few wins... YES, but sadly physically unable to finish a season.

I sure hope my friend is wront, but don't be surprised if we are in a position to either be in or out of the playoffs (possibly against the Bengals or Jets), and the man under center to determine the destiny of the Bills is JP Losman.

Tough schedule ahead.  Sooooo if Bills don't make playoffs or end up 1 game short what happens next year?  Another learning year????

477666[/snapback]

That's the key question and its why I think the Bills have to make the playoffs in order for this to be a successful switch. We'll know in about 11 weeks if it was a good call or not.

The negative with Holcomb is that he doesn't have much arm strength. He throws a lot of 0-8 yard passes and on the ones that are thrown to the sidelines, the ball just takes too long to get there. Before long, the DBs are going to start jumping the routes regularly, much like happened yesterday on the INT returned to the 1 yard line. That said, Holcomb is playing fairly well. He usually makes good decisions and is accurate enough. He's playing well enough to not get the Bills beat and well enough to hang onto the starting job for now. He, and the team, were much better than last week.

Wasnt this year supposed to be JP's learning year? It seems to me that going into the season it was an effort that we're going to do whatever it takes to get JP as the QB of the future. Hence he was crowned starter with no competition. Now all of a sudden its win now, no matter the cost?

Correctamundo! I was one that really hoped that JP would come out and light it up. Fact is that he didn't. Now it needs to be Holcomb until we are out of the hunt.

477680[/snapback]

or until he starts losing....I hope the bills mgmt will give KH the same boot

when he falters....

Again as long as the bills win...i am happy....

Yep, Holcomb has a noodle arm but he makes just enough plays to win. JP really needs to take notes on how Holcomb is getting the WR's at least somewhat involved even though it's short passing stuff. If you could somehow find a hybrid QB that blends JP's athleticism and arm strength with Holcomb's accuracy and awareness...then you'd have something!

Wow, now that is refreshing to hear on this board, Not easy to do. I don't think we would have beat the Fins or Jets with JP so MM made the right call. I'm not saying Kelly is so much better but fact is he gives us a much better chance of winning. In a way I wanted JP to stay in there till the end but he just looked so bad and I'm sick of losing. If and when we are out of the playoff race I'd expect to see more JP. Nice post Nick.

Wow, now that is refreshing to hear on this board, Not easy to do. I don't think we would have beat the Fins or Jets with JP so MM made the right call. I'm not saying Kelly is so much better but fact is he gives us a much better chance of winning. In a way I wanted JP to stay in there till the end but he just looked so bad and I'm sick of losing. If and when we are out of the playoff race I'd expect to see more JP.  Nice post Nick.

477829[/snapback]

The thing is... I really wanted JP to take his lumps so we would be further ahead next year... BUt the rest of the team is unwilling to take that stand. So for now I will just be happy that we are winning.

If the day comes that we are out of the playoffs... or we have a large lead in the 3rd or 4th... I would expect to see JP

The negative with Holcomb is that he doesn't have much arm strength.  He throws a lot of 0-8 yard passes and on the ones that are thrown to the sidelines,  the ball just takes too long to get there.  Before long,  the DBs are going to start jumping the routes regularly,  much like happened yesterday on the INT returned to the 1 yard line.  That said,  Holcomb is playing fairly well.  He usually makes good decisions and is accurate enough.  He's playing well enough to not get the Bills beat and well enough to hang onto the starting job for now.  He, and the team,  were much better than last week.

477692[/snapback]

I will admit I hold my breath every time he throws those lobs to the sideline, but the Jets were not close to picking them off yesterday, and until somebody does you have give the benefit of the doubt. The 3rd Qtr int looked like it was just a misread on a curl route; didn't have anything to do with arm strength.

The thing is... I really wanted JP to take his lumps so we would be further ahead next year... BUt the rest of the team is unwilling to take that stand.  So for now I will just be happy that we are winning.

If the day comes that we are out of the playoffs... or we have a large lead in the 3rd or 4th... I would expect to see JP

477835[/snapback]

Great post, Nick. I agree 100%. I would have preferred to see JP at the helm, and agree we may be sacrificing next year for good times this year. But, a win is a win, and they're tied for first in the division 6 games in. I still think this team is capable of going 4-4, bye week, 6-2, playoffs, despite who is the QB.

I have a lot of friends here at work who are Cleveland Browns fans (a joy to rip on them).  But one of them told me something telling about Kelly Holcomb.  After I thanked him for giving the Bills Holcomb and the victory agains the Dolphins last week, my friend told me... "Yeah, Kelly is good for a few of those... but is he injured yet?"

Apparently, KH has a knack of a person who is injury prone.  A quarterback good enough to get you a few wins... YES, but sadly physically unable to finish a season.

He took what, 1 sack yesterday? I'm sure he got HAMMERED with the Browns.

If you could somehow find a hybrid QB that blends JP's athleticism and arm strength with Holcomb's accuracy and awareness...then you'd have something!

477824[/snapback]

You would have Tom Brady, actually. Hopefully, JP will learn the same way TB did holding the clipboard, and a few years from now *we'll* have the league's steadiest QB and the Pats will be mucking around with the Jets in the cellar.

I'll take the 8-yard passes all day long if they're mixed with an occasional long ball (even Holcombe can do that) and LOTS of running. That adds up to first down after first down, a big TOP advantage, and more Ws.

When Parrish returns, that short passing game could be fun to watch. One DB overplays RP and it's off to the races.

Wasnt this year supposed to be JP's learning year? It seems to me that going into the season it was an effort that we're going to do whatever it takes to get JP as the QB of the future. Hence he was crowned starter with no competition. Now all of a sudden its win now, no matter the cost?

477722[/snapback]

Neither the team nor us fans ever said we wanted to throw a season out the window while JP developed.

I think it has more to do with the unexpectedly poor play of JP than a wholesale mentality shift. Holcomb is playing fairly efficiently, we're getting the production out of him that we expected to get out of JP. That's all it is. Nothing more, nothing less.