(OT) Kobe Arrest Transcript

ChevyVanMiller

Ok, Im going on a limb here and gonna say that Kobe never ONCE mentioned MY screen-name during questioning. Mods, can we atleast change the filter for this thread?

:D

"Detective Loya: What did you guys talk about?

Bryant: Just shot the stevestojan, she asked me what I was here for, I told her my knee. She wanted to be a singer. Um, she had like, um her tattoo, with like music and instruments on it. ..."

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

another was ready to testify that her injuries were consistent with consensual sex (including the blood on Bryant's shirt, and the bruises could have been caused intentionally afterwards)

Blood consistent with consensual sex? WTF...Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

I can see why she'd cry rape when there was none, but I can't imagine why a young, rich, famous, and (as far as I'm an expert on the attractiveness of men) good-looking pro athlete would risk committing "rape" of an ordinary girl (ordinary in terms of place in society, because I assume she's beautiful), when he could have just about anybody he wanted?  As I alluded to, he has no known history of rape or even alleged rape and again, why would he have to rape anyone?  That's my biggest problem with this case.  What was so extraordinary about this girl that made Kobe "snap" and rape her?  Why isn't she already famous (i.e. a model or even a reality show contestant) if she's that desirable?

34708[/snapback]

Dude, I did not think you were a woman hater, but this sentiment you are expressing is part of the problem many people have who do not understand rape. Rape is about power NOT sex. Men do not rape women because they are so horny or because they think some woman is soooo beautiful. They do it because they have the need to control. As for Kobe not having a history of this, it may only be because no one has ever pressed charges before. She may have had a history of promiscuity (and btw, one man's promiscuity is another's having a good time) and mental instability, but did she have a history of crying wolf when it came to rape?

Beyond that, her actions AFTER getting "raped" seem highly unusual to me.  I happen to believe that she DID have sex after the incident, and I believe I heard that the other guy's semen was recovered not just from the panties, but on her body (thigh, I think).  If I have that wrong, then still as I said, an expert witness was ready to testify that she had sex after the incident, while another was ready to testify that her injuries were consistent with consensual sex (including the blood on Bryant's shirt, and the bruises could have been caused intentionally afterwards), and BOTH experts were dropped by the presecution as a result.  And you can determine who came first, so to speak, by looking at layering.  I'm sure somewhere on her panties there was an area of overlap of semen, so all you have to do is see which layer is where in relation to the other to determine timing.  Given that, something I've never heard of ANY rape victim doing EVER, her credibility is gone.  And again I'm more inclined to believe expert's opinion than some alibi about having to pull out some used panties from a duffel bag instead of wearing the panties she had on her BEFORE the incident.

And sorry to hear about your ex-wife's and girlfriend's stories.

34708[/snapback]

First, you have no idea how easy it is to find "experts" who are willing to testify to something in THEIR OPINION when the money is right. They would have been cross-examined and would have been exposed as experts whose conclusions bought and paid for, and while possibly supportable, were not the likely conclusion most would have drawn from that evidnece. Moreover, except for what was being leaked from an obviously Mickey Mouse court, you don't know what the evidence REALLY is. Now here is the kicker. If she pulled on a pair of soiled panties, why do you think it would be so unusual for them to find the other guy's DNA on her thigh or anyhwere else where the panties had come in contact with her body? That's why it is so easy to contaminate crime scenes and samples. All it takes is contact with a soiled garment to produce the presence of DNA from that garment because the tests are so sensitive.

Moreover, they were NOT the same panties she wore the night of the alleged rape. They were put on before she went in have the rape kit done. And besides, if two samples of the same kind of fluid soak panties, I find it highly unlikely they are going to layer over one another like sediment in a river bank. You think they can take a molecular cross-section of the panty and somehow do a profile of the deposits? Dude, they only scrape the skin and clothing worn the night of the rape and look for the presence of DNA, blood and semen if the kit is done soon enough. As for tearing the vagina during consensual sex to cause profuse enough bleeding for it to soak the bottom of his shirt, could I formulate some story to support a theory? Sure. I guess Kobi is hung like a horse and she liked it rough! LOL!

As for behavior after rape, as I mentioned, there is no normal way of acting. Usually women go into shock, and their behavior can be widely different. I don't think their case fell apart, because I think the evidence was there. But through some unfortunate circumstances, the defense gained some opportunity to muddy it and they were able to get in her sexual past and emotional instability as well. Like I said, all you need is one juror who doesn't want to convict from the get go and you've given them reasonable doubt to get to where they want to be in the first place. To say that this woman was out for nothing but pecuniary gain just because she dropped what probably would have been a losing battle to get justice the only way she still had available is nothing more than an opinion.

Detective Winters: Okay. Um. I’ll be blunt and ask you. Did you have sexual intercourse with her?

Bryant: No.

then, after they siad she said it was rape, he changed his story and went through the whole thing.

cops usually tend to notice when you lie to them.

also: he said she flirted and gave him some "oral attention". ok, then had sex. she said no wait, stop, he had his hands on her neck and after a while stoped.

he even talked about paying her off.

and remember when everyone said he was such a gret family man, and he HAS to be innocent. WTF. he was bangging some chick for a "long time", who could testify about his "sexual habits". so much for the loving father and family man...

34677[/snapback]

He didn't want his wife to find out. That's understandable.

When he knew it was HIS ass on the line, he fessed up.

Kobe's a dumbass.  His wife is hot, and he stands to lose so much by doing this crap.  Why wasn't his wife with him?

Questions I have:

1. Why didn't they read him his rights?

2. Why didn't he know his rights.  Why was he answering all those questions without having been read his rights.  He should've said, I'm not talking to you until my lawyer's present.

The girl was clearly starstruck and out for gain, but Kobe's a dumbass for letting it go that far.

34697[/snapback]

Probably because he's innocent.

there is a lesson to be learned here. Don't go through life as a slut. Because then even if you are raped, most people won't believe you.

Hell, this chick had sex with another dude AFTER kobe and BEFORE reporting Kobe to the police. Hell, she should have gone shopping on eBay for a penis, she uses them so often.

And about Kobe lying at first, and then confessing to sex after confronted with facts. Well, folks, that's called human nature.

"Were you the one that opened that email Virus that infected the whole office?"

"Nope"

"Well, your computer logg here and video survelience says is was you"

"Well, maybe i did, and .. blah blah blah"...

Its called CYA - cover your ass.

Didn't she bang a bunch of guys that week or something?

34935[/snapback]

see my above bost, but she had sex with another dude after kobe and before going to the police.

So, you get raped, and on the way to the police station take a detour to !@#$ someone else?

Im sorry, but no.

Bottom Line:  It never went to criminal trial because the evidence was insufficient.  Her story fell apart and you will never know all the details.  Did he screw up... sure.  He committed adultry - that's between him and his wife.  Let it rest!

34787[/snapback]

And you know this how? Bottom line: The proceeding never would have gone this far if they didn't have the evidence. Kobe is lucky as hell that this didn't go to trial and that he could afford to have such a well orchestrated smear campaign against the girl.

Guest Guest_BillsinDallas_*

What is disturbing is that the the victims past and sexual conduct was admissable in court but the history of the accused was not. The legal system in this country has it backwards. :D

I'd hate to think that kids reading this board saw the contents of ChevyVanMiller's post.

Guys, Use some common sense and post a link if you must. You shouldn't be posting the contents of copyrighted materials anyway.

signed,

Polly Prissypants

34997[/snapback]

The link needed a sign-in to access, which is why I pasted it. Also, whenever someone puts a link up, 20 posters say to just cut and paste it instead.

For the record, the post came from a family newspaper and edited out all obscenities. If a kid could wade through all of that and maintain interest, the parents are to be commended.

I completely disagree.  If you want to know why, read my post above.  You have bought into the defense attorneys' strategy.  Make the girl look like a nut case, a whore and that she is really out for money.  It's very interesting how all of these little defense theories got released to the public accidentally.

Just as plausible is that she just couldn't take the pressure and being dragged through the mud of her sexual psychological past by a very well-paid defense team.  Just because she decided to drop the criminal trial for the civil trial does not mean that was her plan all along, although that is what Kobi and his defense team want you to think.

I think it came to a point where she felt that was the only way she was going to get justice.  I think Kobi was lucky (or perhaps smart) in choosing his victim.

34572[/snapback]

Read more then just the headlines Buffalo Bob......there is a lot more to this story then just its cover.....

And yes...I have been following this case since its outset.....

And you know this how? Bottom line: The proceeding never would have gone this far if they didn't have the evidence. Kobe is lucky as hell that this didn't go to trial and that he could afford to have such a well orchestrated smear campaign against the girl.

34948[/snapback]

As with Buffalo Bob.....you should get more information so you can make a informative post.....not slammin you but you are waaaay off base......