Duke Preston

ans4e64

I just wanted to comment on the play of Duke Preston last game vs miami. I thought he did an excellent job for a rookie RG who played his entire college career at center. Hopefully he can be a big contributor to our upgrade on the OL. Thoughts????

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought was interesting that we obviously needed a center but when we didn't take one early and got Preston nobody understood what the bills were doing......

Now he looks like he might be one of the top linemen to come out of this draft.

THis is Teagues replacement next year. I think mgt realizes that we need a couple more linemen and they are starrt ing with The Duke.

I thought was interesting that we obviously needed a center but when we didn't take one early and got Preston nobody understood what the bills were doing......

Now he looks like he might be one of the top linemen to come out of this draft.

THis is Teagues replacement next year.  I think mgt realizes that we need a couple more linemen and they are starrt ing with The Duke.

475308[/snapback]

right on, john. although, i wonder what took mgt. so long.

So, do you guys think it's a sure thing we don't try to re-sign Teague?

Besides playing a bit light, what faults do you see with his play? I saw him whiff on one play (for a sack) this year, but overall he's loooked like our best lineman to me.

I agree Preston's play has been good. After preseason I felt he was not ready to play, but he holding his own - - very impressive for a 4th round rookie! We do need to find him a permanent home on the O-Line if he continues this way. To add to ans4e64's praise: he looked good next to Jerman!

So the line will be Big Mike at RT, Preston at center, Gandy at one of the guard spots, possibly Peters at LT, and maybe Geisinger at the other guard spot?

475315[/snapback]

You know it is a very interesting situation......

Lets face it....When Mike is healthy he is a pretty good RT...BUT...we are paying him a kings ransom and have other players we need to sign. He needs to take a paycut this next offseason. For now I say he is still the RT of now and the future (German is AWFUL)

I think that the OL of next year will be:

LT - ? (it is either going to be a vet or a #1 draft pick (I hope)

LG - Mike Gandy

C - Duke Preston

RG - Ben Anderson

RT- Mike Williams

Reasons being:

- Mike Gandy is a better guard then center

- We drafted Preston as a pure center

- Ben Anderson is a beter RG then a LG

Besides playing a bit light, what faults do you see with his play?  I saw him whiff on one play (for a sack) this year, but overall he's loooked like our best lineman to me.

I agree Preston's play has been good.  After preseason I felt he was not ready to play, but he holding his own - - very impressive for a 4th round rookie!  We do need to find him a permanent home on the O-Line if he continues this way.  To add to ans4e64's praise: he looked good next to Jerman!

475332[/snapback]

Matt....Teague is making some mistakes on that line.......I am seeing them every game.....

Preston was drafted as TT's replacement....not as a perm OG I think.

Besides playing a bit light, what faults do you see with his play?

475332[/snapback]

You wanted the faults listed?

How long can you manage to read in one sitting? Should this be broken up into 14 installments?

For the Cliff's Notes version, one BIG problem with the OL that hasn't changed from last year (and any ability to fob off blame on DB's footwork, etc.) is the pressure that comes from the middle as Teague is blown back. Not to mention the several matador impressions he's given, while not even bothering to protect his QB (on one, as several Falcons were swarming JP, Teague actually started to run upfield, the %$#^ing kitty).

Preston will be starting at C next year if there is any justice.

You wanted the faults listed?

How long can you manage to read in one sitting? Should this be broken up into 14 installments?

For the Cliff's Notes version, one BIG problem with the OL that hasn't changed from last year (and any ability to fob off blame on DB's footwork, etc.) is the pressure that comes from the middle as Teague is blown back. Not to mention the several matador impressions he's given, while not even bothering to protect his QB (on one, as several Falcons were swarming JP, Teague actually started to run upfield, the %$#^ing kitty).

Preston will be starting at C next year if there is any justice.

475347[/snapback]

By the middle of last season Teague was playing good ball. He has new players around him and it could be just an adjustment period. I wouldn't give up on him quite so fast. IMO

By the middle of last season Teague was playing good ball.  He has new players around him and it could be just an adjustment period. I wouldn't give up on quite so fast. IMO

475351[/snapback]

During several games of the stretch run, that's when Teague was injured and Tucker was starting at C. Also when we started to run block a lot better.

Facts suck.

During several games of the stretch run, that's when Teague was injured and Tucker was starting at C. Also when we started to run block a lot better.

Facts suck.

475354[/snapback]

I just love when people use that to back up their opinions! Classic..really.

Lets face it....When Mike is healthy he is a pretty good RT...BUT...we are paying him a kings ransom and have other players we need to sign.  He needs to take a paycut this next offseason.  For now I say he is still the RT of now and the future (German is AWFUL)

I'm assuming the Bills keep Big Mike because of cap considerations.

LG - Mike Gandy

C - Duke Preston

RG - Ben Anderson

RT- Mike Williams

Reasons being:

Agree with all of it. I can see Geisinger pushing Anderson as I mentioned above, but I didn't consider moving Anderson back to RG, where he's mostly played every year of his NFL career until coming to the Bills.

By the middle of last season Teague was playing good ball.  He has new players around him and it could be just an adjustment period. I wouldn't give up on quite so fast. IMO

475351[/snapback]

Jin,

It should be a adjustment for the better not worse....

Lets keep in mind that we had fricken Pucillo working his way through the line next to Teague in previous years.....now he has 300 pound plus hogs next to him on both sides.....

With that kind of beef there should be NO excuse for this line to get driven backwards.....Teague cant lower his base against one guy because he is simply too light.......

Facts suck.

475354[/snapback]

Here is another fact.

Teague was arguably the Bills best, most consistent OLineman last year.

Does that one suck, too?

Lets face it....When Mike is healthy he is a pretty good RT...BUT...we are paying him a kings ransom and have other players we need to sign.  He needs to take a paycut this next offseason.  For now I say he is still the RT of now and the future (German is AWFUL)

LG - Mike Gandy

C - Duke Preston

RG - Ben Anderson

RT- Mike Williams

Reasons being:

475339[/snapback]

these kind of posts aren't suppose to start until 10 weeks before the draft.

Mike Gandy has been better than Jonas jennings. Mike Gandy is a good LT when healthy.

Just because the guy was released from the Bears doesnt mean he couldnt play. He was injured, he never lost his job do to his play. He is a solid LT.

If he keeps it up all year, I would sign him long term.

This team needs 2 solid OG's next year and I wouldnt mind 2 talented rookies.

Gandy, OG, Preston, OG, and Williams. That is the makings of a young talented OL, If TD can fill those 2 OG's next year.