This rain in the northeast is ridiculous!

Pete

BTW-

ridiculous

adj 1: inspiring scornful pity; "how silly an ardent and unsuccessful wooer can be especially if he is getting on in years"- Dashiell Hammett [syn: pathetic, silly] 2: completely devoid of wisdom or good sense; "the absurd excuse that the dog ate his homework"; "that's a cockeyed idea"; "ask a nonsensical question and get a nonsensical answer"; "a contribution so small as to be laughable"; "it is ludicrous to call a cottage a mansion"; "a preposterous attempt to turn back the pages of history"; "her conceited assumption of universal interest in her rather dull children was ridiculous" [syn: absurd, cockeyed, derisory, idiotic, laughable, ludicrous, nonsensical, preposterous] 3: broadly or extravagantly humorous; resembling farce; "the wild farcical exuberance of a clown"; "ludicrous green hair" [syn: farcical, ludicrous]

"This rain in the northeast is ridiculous!"

How the hell is this statement "complaining so much" spinmasters? :doh:

474697[/snapback]

Your obviously dissatisfied with the yankees performance against the chi sox. And that the locals in your area know you hate the redsox and their whiney fans, and lately you have been getting swamped by the sunami waves, passing cars have generated whenever they see you making another beerrun on your bicycle.... Those winter time slush sunami's have to be some cold heavy waves ..... Lookout for those 18 wheelers :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not understand the rolling eyes smilie.  I do my part to help out.  What do you do to help out the energy crisis?  BTW girls love my legs and hotties pick me up all the time("I see you biking everywhere- you have the nicest calves"  is a typical pickup line) - so yeah, I am pretty damn special :)

474655[/snapback]

Yeah, I used to bike 80 miles a week before my knee went all to hell. But I never pranced around on a message board like a damned idiot thinking I was special for it.

BTW the Connecticut rivers runs about 50 yards behind my backyard

474875[/snapback]

I live on a lake (has a dam runoff tho) and it's the highest it's ever been, and with whitecaps to boot. Want some help filling sandbags? :doh:

Or does he expect the government to just pay to rebuild his house when it eventually flood.

474938[/snapback]

Why not? All of the "conservatives" down South expect free money (And get it). :)

I live on a lake (has a dam runoff tho) and it's the highest it's ever been, and with whitecaps to boot. Want some help filling sandbags? :doh:

Why not? All of the "conservatives" down South expect free money (And get it).  :)

474947[/snapback]

Those aren't the conservatives.

Those aren't the conservatives.

474949[/snapback]

Yup. When money is dangled before conservatives when natural disaster strikes, be it in La., Missouri farm flooding subsidies, and a thousand other examples, they don't take it.

There aren't very many conservatives in this country, if you go by deeds rather than belief. Belief applies only to Other People.

Yup. When money is dangled before conservatives when natural disaster strikes, be it in La., Missouri farm flooding subsidies, and a thousand other examples, they don't take it.

There aren't very many conservatives in this country, if you go by deeds rather than belief. Belief applies only to Other People.

474977[/snapback]

Ain't many liberals either. Mostly, there's just selfish bastards.

Except for Pete, because he selflessly rides his bike 50 miles a day in the rain and snow, he's such a special guy.

Ain't many liberals either.  Mostly, there's just selfish bastards. 

Except for Pete, because he selflessly rides his bike 50 miles a day in the rain and snow, he's such a special guy.

475002[/snapback]

And you, who builds condos for kittens.

Ain't many liberals either.  Mostly, there's just selfish bastards. 

475002[/snapback]

Man... I can just see it starting now! TSW hound dogs are starting to pick up a scent.

:):doh:

I might beat a dead horse... But, Pete you are in for a world of hurt if you don't have thick-skin.

:doh:

475002[/snapback]

Hey, I'm not going to rag on someone b/c he's sweeping his own doorstep toward our country becoming less gas-reliant and he's getting exercise to boot. And I don't judge people as being evil based on two-paragraph posts, when in the fullness of real life, they're probably a normal, nice person.

Hey, I'm not going to rag on someone b/c he's sweeping his own doorstep toward our country becoming less gas-reliant and he's getting exercise to boot. And I don't judge people as being evil based on two-paragraph posts, when in the fullness of real life, they're probably a normal, nice person.

475008[/snapback]

Well said UConn.

BTW-

ridiculous

adj 1: inspiring scornful pity; "how silly an ardent and unsuccessful wooer can be especially if he is getting on in years"- Dashiell Hammett [syn: pathetic, silly] 2: completely devoid of wisdom or good sense; "the absurd excuse that the dog ate his homework"; "that's a cockeyed idea"; "ask a nonsensical question and get a nonsensical answer"; "a contribution so small as to be laughable"; "it is ludicrous to call a cottage a mansion"; "a preposterous attempt to turn back the pages of history"; "her conceited assumption of universal interest in her rather dull children was ridiculous" [syn: absurd, cockeyed, derisory, idiotic, laughable, ludicrous, nonsensical, preposterous] 3: broadly or extravagantly humorous; resembling farce; "the wild farcical exuberance of a clown"; "ludicrous green hair" [syn: farcical, ludicrous]

"This rain in the northeast is ridiculous!"

How the hell is this statement "complaining so much" spinmasters? :)

474697[/snapback]

have you ever looked up the word: Pretentious???

475008[/snapback]

Then you have never met CTM. :)

4+ more inches called for today and 2+ more inches called for tomorrow

7 straight days of heavy rain 24/7

BTW the Connecticut rivers runs about 50 yards behind my backyard

474875[/snapback]

If your house house is only 50 yards from the conneticut river, lookout your window towards the river, right now there are millions of babyruth's migrating back to the sea. The curse of the bambino right bact at yah

Neither am I.

I'm going to rag on him because he thinks it makes him superior to everyone else.  :)

475143[/snapback]

When it's clear to you, that only you are superior to everyone else. Therefore his attitude sucks since he is obviously wrong. :doh: