This rain in the northeast is ridiculous!

Pete

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feast-or-famine rain in the NE isn't anything new. It would be nice if it came down an inch per week in the summer/fall, but it doesn't happen like that. New England is not Arizona. Vive le difference.

473771[/snapback]

It's amazing how we went four months with barely a drop, sunny and at least 75 every day until about a week ago, and then in one day it all changed -- 60 and rainy every day now.

We had a great Indian summer, so I wouldn't complain about the rain now.

Someone at work has her basement flooding. As she found out, while there wasn't a lot of rain since May, during the fall, winter and spring the rainfall was way above average here. The water table was so high still as soon as the rain started her basement flooded.

Must make for some wet bike rides... :doh:

473823[/snapback]

That is the truth! Dan- I bike every day! No matter how cold or wet. It has been raining since Friday nonstop- and most of the time its raining heavy. I just biked in 15 miles thru heavy rainstorm. It does not matter the weather I bike 30 miles a day. What are you rolling your eyes for?

That is the truth!  Dan- I bike every day!  No matter how cold or wet.  It has been raining since Friday nonstop- and most of the time its raining heavy.  I just biked in 15 miles thru a heavy rainstorm.  It does not matter the weather I bike 30 miles a day.  What are you rolling your eyes for?

474646[/snapback]

You're just so damned special.

You're just so damned special.

474648[/snapback]

I did not understand the rolling eyes smilie. I do my part to help out. What do you do to help out the energy crisis? BTW girls love my legs and hotties pick me up all the time("I see you biking everywhere- you have the nicest calves" is a typical pickup line) - so yeah, I am pretty damn special :)

I did not understand the rolling eyes smilie.  I do my part to help out.  What do you do to help out the energy crisis?  BTW girls love my legs and hotties pick me up all the time("I see you biking everywhere- you have the nicest calves"  is a typical pickup line) - so yeah, I am pretty damn special :)

474655[/snapback]

People were wondering why you were complaining about the rain so much....just offering my insights as to the probable reasons....slick roads must make it extra fun while riding drunk, I imagine.

People were wondering why you were complaining about the rain so much....just offering my insights as to the probable reasons....slick roads must make it extra fun while riding drunk, I imagine.

474659[/snapback]

Its fun to bike in the rain. Its all about your gear. I never wear more then 3 layers-polyester, fleece, goretex. I never ever complained about the rain! I am a weather freak! I think its cool as hell how much its been raining here. I think its wild when Fort Lauderdale had 28 inches rain in 48 hours. Who is complaining? I love weather! Jim Cantore has my dream job!

BTW ride drunk? Are you suggesting everytime I ride my bike I am drunk? :)

People were wondering why you were complaining about the rain so much

BTW-

ridiculous

adj 1: inspiring scornful pity; "how silly an ardent and unsuccessful wooer can be especially if he is getting on in years"- Dashiell Hammett [syn: pathetic, silly] 2: completely devoid of wisdom or good sense; "the absurd excuse that the dog ate his homework"; "that's a cockeyed idea"; "ask a nonsensical question and get a nonsensical answer"; "a contribution so small as to be laughable"; "it is ludicrous to call a cottage a mansion"; "a preposterous attempt to turn back the pages of history"; "her conceited assumption of universal interest in her rather dull children was ridiculous" [syn: absurd, cockeyed, derisory, idiotic, laughable, ludicrous, nonsensical, preposterous] 3: broadly or extravagantly humorous; resembling farce; "the wild farcical exuberance of a clown"; "ludicrous green hair" [syn: farcical, ludicrous]

"This rain in the northeast is ridiculous!"

How the hell is this statement "complaining so much" spinmasters? :)