(OT) Worst Job to Do Hungover

stevestojan

Thankfully, I can say i never had any REALLY awful jobs. During high school, I worked at at Ames Dept store. I also worked summers as a recreation counselor for my town. I did a work study desk job in college, and right before leaving for Florida I worked at a gym for 2 months. Now I have a deskjob, so thats no a problem. All of those jobs didnt require too much brain or physical power, so hangovers were never a huge issue.

But after reading the story about the Disney Mascot, I honestly couldnt imagine a worse job. South Florida heat, in a huge plush costume, surrounded by kids. It would be like my summer camp job, except 15 degrees hotter weather, and being forced to wear a 80 pound duck suit.

So, whats the worst job you ever had for accomidating the hangover? I could imagine Burger King or something similar would suck due to the heat and smell of food.

Let's hear em .

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I worked for a mowing company in high school.

One Saturday morning, I drove in to work, still half drunk from the night before. By noon, from smelling grass clippings and gasoline all day, I was throwing up everywhere.

Needless to say, my day was cut short.

I have never worked at this place, but have delivered there and can only imagine what it's like on the inside. Baker Commodities in Rochester. They process all the cooking grease and oils from stores, restuarants, etc. That is not there only job though. They also are the company where all the roadkill gets taken to be processed to make dog food with. The building is hidden about a quarter mile off the road so you can't see it, and for good reason. This place reeks beyond belief, and when it's hot out, ooohhhhhhh boy. You can smell it before you can see it. I come close to puking everytime I go there and that is without being hungover. In fact I am getting a queasy feeling in my gut right now just talking about it.

By the way, I work for UPS and that is no easy shakes when hungover. The cabs of the trucks are about 10 degrees warmer inside than the outside temp and teh backs of the trucks are about 20 degrees warmer.

I have never worked at this place, but have delivered there and can only imagine what it's like on the inside.  Baker Commodities in Rochester.  They process all the cooking grease and oils from stores, restuarants, etc.  That is not there only job though.  They also are the company where all the roadkill gets taken to be processed to make dog food with.  The building is hidden about a quarter mile off the road so you can't see it, and for good reason.  This place reeks beyond belief, and when it's hot out, ooohhhhhhh boy.  You can smell it before you can see it.  I come close to puking everytime I go there and that is without being hungover.  In fact I am getting a queasy feeling in my gut right now just talking about it.

By the way, I work for UPS and that is no easy shakes when hungover.  The cabs of the trucks are about 10 degrees warmer inside than the outside temp and teh backs of the trucks are about 20 degrees warmer.

34234[/snapback]

you drive a UPS truck? That's a solid job... how long were in a warehouse, etc, before you got to be a driver? Also, if i can ask, are you union?

you drive a UPS truck? That's a solid job... how long were in a warehouse, etc, before you got to be a driver? Also, if i can ask, are you union?

34235[/snapback]

I lucked out in the sense that I already had the non-CDL C liscense required to drive when I got hired. I was only in the building for about 2 mths before I went on the road. I am still considered part time being a cover driver but have not come off the road yet and my supervisor doesn't see that happening.

Yes, I am in the Teamsters Union. Many pros and cons to that.

I lucked out in the sense that I already had the non-CDL C liscense required to drive when I got hired.  I was only in the building for about 2 mths before I went on the road.  I am still considered part time being a cover driver but have not come off the road yet and my supervisor doesn't see that happening. 

Yes, I am in the Teamsters Union.  Many pros and cons to that.

34240[/snapback]

I always heard that job not only pays well, but is a great company to work for. Plus, who wouldnt want to drive a truck around all day that doesnt have doors?

I lucked out in the sense that I already had the non-CDL C liscense required to drive when I got hired.  I was only in the building for about 2 mths before I went on the road.  I am still considered part time being a cover driver but have not come off the road yet and my supervisor doesn't see that happening. 

Yes, I am in the Teamsters Union.  Many pros and cons to that.

34240[/snapback]

A good friend of mine is in the exact same situation, except he had to wait for close to two years before he started driving.

A good friend of mine is in the exact same situation, except he had to wait for close to two years before he started driving.

34248[/snapback]

It's a great job with great pay, but you work your ass off for it. My body will be beat up when I am done, but worth it in the long run.

I always heard that job not only pays well, but is a great company to work for. Plus, who wouldnt want to drive a truck around all day that doesnt have doors?

34244[/snapback]

Not only can we drive around with the doors open, but we get to wear those sexy little brown shorts. <_<

One summer, during college break I was really hung over and still half drunk going on no sleep. About 1992? I spent about 14 hours picking up/carrying/rolling sod on a huge new lawn in Orchard Park. It was about 85 degrees and felt like it was 100. It was a total nightmare. I went home with a six pack and got in the shower with a chair and sat there and drank the whole thing. I might have had a problem. Good times good times

----------

Go Bills

While working my way through college I worked for a temp agency for a time. One of the jobs I got called in on was some ruptured pipes at a Zotos factory. They make all the hair perm solutions, that type of crap.

Anyway, it was winter, and wicked cold. Some pipes outside the plant had frozen. I arrived at the job well hung over and freezing my T-Bone off. They proceded to hand me a jackhammer and set me to work digging through the frozen ground to unearth the pipes. Just frozen ground would have been bad, but with the pipes breaking enough water seeped out to really harden things up. That day sucked.

In high school I worked in the kitchen of a Senior Citizen Home where the Breakfast service started at 6am,.... I would get there Saturday morning with less than an hour of sleep, still drunk and once you get the smell of old people, pureed eggs, pureed toast, and pureed every other breakfast food you can imagine., you'd throw up pretty easily.... then you'd have to bus all the tables and mix it all that pureed stuff up.....

i might need to throw up now thinking about it....

On a ship at sea... in a storm: has got to be one of my worse hangover experiences.

I drank somekind of slush drink called Fat Tuesdays while inport Key West.... CHEAP LIQUOR is the foundation of the meanest hangovers.

When you think it it can't get worse, you get a wind from astern and it fills the entire bridge with stinkin diesel exhaust gas....

Then you smell & hear the vomit of other crew members...

Then the Filipino cook who spends his entire life at sea and loves every minute of it, decides to make his special fried sardines... talk about stink!

I'm getting sick just writing this...

But I'd go back to sea in a heart beat... talk about sick!