Sam Adams on offense...

Frez

Did anyone else notice that Sam Adams lined up in the 2 TE set on the first TD score by Willis McGahee? I'm just watching the game over again and noticed big Sam was in on that goal line TD.

471729[/snapback]

He drew a pass interference call in the end zone too! ;)

He was 'tackle eligible' quite a bit.

They even had him in motion on one play.  I think throwing the pass to him is another example of the Bills (TC/MM) trying to be too cute, instead of hammering away with McGahee.

471744[/snapback]

They should use him like the Bears used the Fridge...as a FB. Let Sam open up the hole for Willis.

$**!& $%&@^ )+@*%!($%

Risking the only legitimate DT on your roster on an offensive play for no other reason than that it looks cute is a goddamned hanging offense.

I think TD is usually a hands-off guy but I hope he gets Mularkey by the collar and tells him the news real quick.

$**!& $%&@^ )+@*%!($%

Risking the only legitimate DT on your roster on an offensive play for no other reason than that it looks cute is a goddamned hanging offense.

I think TD is usually a hands-off guy but I hope he gets Mularkey by the collar and tells him the news real quick.

471777[/snapback]

It's beyond irresponsible to ask this guy to play in our run and pass D packages PLUS add extra snaps on offense. IMO just continued evidence of our coaching staff's failure to recognize and properly utilize the personnel on our roster. I'm beginning to question Mularkey's management acumen.

They even had him in motion on one play.  I think throwing the pass to him is another example of the Bills (TC/MM) trying to be too cute, instead of hammering away with McGahee.

471744[/snapback]

Like when they stuffed us and we settled for a FG? ;)

Like when they stuffed us and we settled for a FG?  ;)

471881[/snapback]

McGahee is not looking like the stud rb he looked like last year at all...31 for 86 is just not good enough..with that many carries he should have had atleast 120 yards..too often i see him being stuffed for a loss/no gain or just getting 1-2 yards...I dont know if its the line or him, but the line wasnt all that great lastyear either and he looked better..i dont know, maybe im just missing something and it looks like hes a mediocre rb this year.

McGahee is not looking like the stud rb he looked like last year at all...31 for 86 is just not good enough..with that many carries he should have had atleast 120 yards..too often i see him being stuffed for a loss/no gain or just getting 1-2 yards...I dont know if its the line or him, but the line wasnt all that great lastyear either and he looked better..i dont know, maybe im just missing something and it looks like hes a mediocre rb this year.

471925[/snapback]

He did have 120. Actually 130. Before they called his 54 yard run back and gave him only 10. ;) The suspect Reed hold didn't look like it had any effect on the run. McGahee was also carrying tacklers for several yards in this game after he was hit, with very few holes to run through.

471925[/snapback]

I know what you mean. That said, I hope they keep feeding him the ball. If our QB can help move the chains every now and then, hammering our opponents with the run is an idea I like.

Remember, Josh Reed had a holding penalty that brought a long one back. Add those ~50 yards to his stats yesterday, and Willis' numbers look much better.

BTW: From your sig I gather you're a proud Scot also? ;)

Did anyone else notice that Sam Adams lined up in the 2 TE set on the first TD score by Willis McGahee? I'm just watching the game over again and noticed big Sam was in on that goal line TD.

471729[/snapback]

Yes and no player wanted to tackle him. We have out "fridge" but based on his size it should "side-by-sde frost free" type.

471744[/snapback]

As shown in game just "hammering away with McGahee" does not work. The OL with four new players on it does not give enough push. They ought to use Bannan on goal lines again.

Did anyone ever consider putting Adams next to Peters on first and goal ? Then run #21 run right behind them ?

We complain on the hour for months about the lack of push on the OL in the red zone, then crap on the idea of using him. No doubt, he asked to contribute.

Unfortunately, Mularkey is probably drawing up an option pass for Sam as we speak. ;)

I know you can't play the game frightened of injury, but having Sam play goalline makes me just as nervous as watching clements return kicks.

$**!& $%&@^ )+@*%!($%

471777[/snapback]

Did anyone ever consider putting Adams next to Peters on first and goal ? Then run #21 run right behind them ?

472055[/snapback]

No for Peters is not a great run blocker. he seems to be able to catch well and able to get a load of steam and knock down smaller, lighter players but that is different than goal line stances where short bursts of power are needed.