Game Thread:

Buffan00

I was really excited when we signed him, but I was torn about starting him this week.....I'm thrilled at the decision now, though....this feels so damn good!

470509[/snapback]

His arm is like a wet noodle but who cares when you have a career 63% completion % and today he is hitting on more than that.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His arm is like a wet noodle but who cares when you have a career 63% completion % and today he is hitting on more than that.

470514[/snapback]

yep, any day Moorman gets the day off is a good day 0:)

Holcomb rules!

Kudos to those of us who thought Holcomb should start this week. He gave us the best chance of WINNING, and its showing. GO BILLS!!!!!!!

470520[/snapback]

Yep, it'll be interesting to see what the "critics" say this week!

I still think its the wrong move. Holcomb is playing well, but I question whether it will last and even if it does, if the team can make the playoffs. In the end, if they miss the playoffs, we'd have been better off starting Losman, even if it means winning 4 games instead of 8. Either way, the Bills are at home in January. Of course, if Holcomb can maintain a high level of play and the Bills make the playoffs, its a different story, but one half of football is not nearly enough to change my opinion of the move.

0:)

I still think its the wrong move.  Holcomb is playing well,  but I question whether it will last and even if it does,  if the team can make the playoffs.    In the end,  if they miss the playoffs,  we'd have been better off starting Losman,  even if it means winning 4 games instead of 8.  Either way,  the Bills are at home in January.  Of course,  if Holcomb can maintain a high level of play and the Bills make the playoffs, its a different story,  but one half of football is not nearly enough to change my opinion of the move.

470525[/snapback]

:w00t::w00t::w00t:

I still think its the wrong move.  Holcomb is playing well,  but I question whether it will last and even if it does,  if the team can make the playoffs.    In the end,  if they miss the playoffs,  we'd have been better off starting Losman,  even if it means winning 4 games instead of 8.  Either way,  the Bills are at home in January.  Of course,  if Holcomb can maintain a high level of play and the Bills make the playoffs, its a different story,  but one half of football is not nearly enough to change my opinion of the move.

470525[/snapback]

Listen, this is the kind of thing we needed Bledsoe to do.....If Holcomb can get it done and avoid the game screwing fumbles and picks that Drew threw, we're golden.....There is nothing JP woudl have done this first half that could have made this any better. For all we know, Holcomb will shine in the offense and he'll be the guy we go to for the next year or two.....THIS IS WHAT WE NEED OUR QB TO DO!!!

470525[/snapback]

On the contrary,,,we could have beaten ATL & NO if they started KH earlier. I don't understand your thinking at all? The NFL is about winning. NOt throwing your season away to develop a young guy that isn't showing anything. The team has a duty to play the best players now.

OMG....you need a smack....

Listen, this is the kind of thing we needed Bledsoe to do.....If Holcomb can get it done and avoid the game screwing fumbles and picks that Drew threw, we're golden.....There is nothing JP woudl have done this first half that could have made this any better. For all we know, Holcomb will shine in the offense and he'll be the guy we go to for the next year or two.....THIS IS WHAT WE NEED OUR QB TO DO!!!

470527[/snapback]

Right on!!!

470527[/snapback]

As I said, Holcomb is playing better than Losman, at least for a half. But in the end, all I care about is making the playoffs and winning the Super Bowl. I'll settle for making the playoffs and if the Bills can do that with Holcomb, great and I'll say it was the right call. But I will not change my opinion of the decision to bench Losman until that happens. If we miss the playoffs anyway, we would have been better off getting Losman game experience.

As I said,  Holcomb is playing better than Losman, at least for a half.  But in the end,  all I care about is making the playoffs and winning the Super Bowl.  I'll settle for making the playoffs and if the Bills can do that with Holcomb,  great and I'll say it was the right call.  But I will not change my opinion of the decision to bench Losman until that happens.  If we miss the playoffs anyway,  we would have been better off getting Losman game experience.

470531[/snapback]

Well, Holcomb is not going to do this every game, bro.....Even Brady has bad games from time to time. But this is the kind of QB play we've needed for this offense....He's spreading the ball around (6-7 receivers already), moving the chains, not turning it over, and letting Willis get his yards. The defense is getting plenty of time to rest and they're responding with a shutout. I'm not at the Ralph, and I don't have the live feed, but I would bet you MONEY that the fans there are applauding their asses off....maybe even a standing ovation.....This is turning into a great day!!

galdangit mularkey.

The phish long-snapper has alread blown 2 snaps to the punter in a single half and you just passed up a prime opportunity to force another punt in their own end before halftime.

17 points leads are pretty and all but it doesn't mean you can take your foot off the gas. Keep working the game coach.

Well, Holcomb is not going to do this every game, bro.....Even Brady has bad games from time to time. But this is the kind of QB play we've needed for this offense....He's spreading the ball around (6-7 receivers already), moving the chains, not turning it over, and letting Willis get his yards. The defense is getting plenty of time to rest and they're responding with a shutout. I'm not at the Ralph, and I don't have the live feed, but I would bet you MONEY that the fans there are applauding their asses off....maybe even a standing ovation.....This is turning into a great day!!

470534[/snapback]

Yep..a kick in the @ss, and the team rally's around Holcomb! Cant wait to see the second half!

470534[/snapback]

All I'm saying is that I'm not going to change my opinion based upon a half of football. I'll know in early January whether it was the right move or not. If they don't make the playoffs, we're back at square one for 2006 and have ultimately accomplished nothing in the 2005 season.

That's not a knock against Holcomb, he's playing very well.