Southwest boots woman for wearing

CNN story

The shirt had a pic of Bush, Cheney, & Rice and was a take-off of "Meet the Fockers", although it used a "u" instead of a "o". Funny shirt, but I'm sure that she was tossed for the word and not for it being anti-Bush. She had the opportunity to cover it up or wear it inside out. Now she's suing.

I hope that they get her for court costs when they dismiss her suit.

Although I can't stand Bush, I don't think anyone should wear any clothing that has offensive language on it, whether it's about Clinton or Bush. I also don't like those Calvin pissing on something stickers that I see on some pickup trucks. You can voice your opposition to someone or something without being offensive.

According to reports, the shirt made a lot of people on the flight "uncomfortable". Thats the standard and the reason why the case will get tossed. If a good number of passengers on a flight feel threatened, unsafe or even just plain old uncomfortable by the actions of another passenger, that passenger causing the problem will get booted from the flight.

Thats the SOP of all carriers. Next time there is a problem with your flight and someone is acting up, take notice of the flight crew. Ill guarantee they will asking all the other passengers sitting around the person causing the problem if that passenger is making them feel uncomfortable or unsafe. If a good number of people raise their hands, Ill further guarantee the next member of the airline staff that comes to see the person causing the issue WONT be offering coffee and tea...they will be asking that person is s/he would like to to be removed from the aircraft under their own power or by force.

I think it was the F--- word they objected to. I don't even like the "Buck Fush" shirts I've seen.

The issue is, though, that they let her board the plane. It wasn't like she could exit in mid-flight.

I've worn my share of anti-Bush shirts and have received compliments on it from a wide range of individuals including TSA inspectors, pilots and flight attendants, not to mention my fellow passengers. And there ain't a swear word on 'em.

Although I can't stand Bush, I don't think anyone should wear any clothing that has offensive language on it, whether it's about Clinton or Bush.  I also don't like those Calvin pissing on something stickers that I see on some pickup trucks.  You can voice your opposition to someone or something without being offensive.

468464[/snapback]

I'm not getting into what should/shouldn't be banned but personally I agree on the Calvin thingies being crass.

Exception: When a dolphins logo is getting pissed on those things are hysterical. :doh:

True story: I bought a shirt outside the stadium once that said "dolphins Suck" on the back (The team name was capitalized on the shirt but I refuse). It had a picture of a buffalo seemingly beating up a dolphin on the back too. About a year later I was at my in-laws and it was late. I was in the kitchen and about to go to sleep wearing this shirt. My brother in law sees it and says "don't wear that thing around my kids". I said "ok, but I didn't think the word suck was all that bad." He says "I'm not worried about that...it's the picture." My father in law then chimes in shaking his head "I've been telling him that the shirt is offensive." I go in the bathroom , take off the shirt and take a good look at it:

The Buffalo has the dolphin by its snout. I had figured it has just finshed slamming it about like Bam Bam from the Flinstones does with his club. After my BiL's comments I realize that the Buffalo is actually forcing the dolphin to suck. Needless to say I am now paying more attention to my t-shirt purchases.

Does freedom of speech extend to the word !@#$ on a t-shirt?  ;)  We can't even say the word !@#$ on this board.  Since you are a moderator, why don't you work on that one.  I miss the F U smiley.  :doh:

468497[/snapback]

I was actually more referring to the Calvin thing. I think private enterprise has the right to moderate (within reason) the behavior of its patrons. The Constitution doesn't give people the right not to be offended, and I personally thank God for that.

I think it was the F--- word they objected to.  I don't even like the "Buck Fush" shirts I've seen. 

The issue is, though, that they let her board the plane.  It wasn't like she could exit in mid-flight.

I've worn my share of anti-Bush shirts and have received compliments on it from a wide range of individuals including TSA inspectors, pilots and flight attendants, not to mention my fellow passengers.  And there ain't a swear word on 'em.

468495[/snapback]

So, you're saying you have a big rack, then.

I was actually more referring to the Calvin thing.  I think private enterprise has the right to moderate (within reason) the behavior of its patrons.  The Constitution doesn't give people the right not to be offended, and I personally thank God for that.

468630[/snapback]

Hey Now....Keep God out of the Constitution.

I hate freedom of speech too.

468468[/snapback]

Sorry, but Southwest ain't the Government, there is no Constitutional violation, and your arguement is immediately null and void.

The art of extending the constitution to suit oneself is becoming extict- which is a good thing.

I just wish Congress would rewrite it, to make it more specific- so people can't attempt to extend their rights where they don't really go

Sorry, but Southwest ain't the Government, there is no Constitutional violation, and your arguement is immediately null and void.

The art of extending the constitution to suit oneself is becoming extict- which is a good thing.

I just wish Congress would rewrite it, to make it more specific- so people can't attempt to extend their rights where they don't really go

469854[/snapback]

Again, I wasn't referring to Southwest. Can anyone here read?

Again, I wasn't referring to Southwest.  Can anyone here read?

470151[/snapback]

Yes, most bipedal primates have the capacity to read, it starts with birth, and the ability increases geometrically.

Does this answer your question?

I remember when kids use to get kicked out of school for wearing those Bart Simpson t-shirts.  :rolleyes:

If you want to wear a t-shirt that advertises that you are white trash, go right ahead.  I'm more concerned with people who don't know how to shower.

471430[/snapback]

So wearing an anti-Bush tee shirt automatically makes you white trash? But what if you're african-american or asian-american and you wear the same shirt, are you still white trash?

No, wearing a shirt that has the word F*** on it in public makes you white trash.

If you're black- black trash. Thought the same of the people that had the F*** Miami shirts at the stadium. Plain trash.