It's Thursday...Im done with Jacksonville

Thailog80

The DT's should be our primary concern. We need to run the piss out of the ball and get those two old fatboys winded. I expect the offense to execute a hell of a lot better this week.

Should Troy Vincent be on Jerry Porter and Nate on Rice or vice versa?

If Gallary is on Schobel than the LDE needs to step up big time this week also.

Two key things that must happen on offense. We must tire out the DTs (outside runs and screens) and we must make Oakland pay for blitzing.

If we aren't able to hit some plays early it could be a long day. As crisp as DB looked on Sunday, J-ville didn't sell out on the blitz, so he had enough time to read the D and find the open receiver (for a 5 yard gain). Was the offense conservative on Sunday or was DB afraid to take a chance downfield? What will happen when six or seven Raiders are collapsing the pocket? Screens should be effective again (middle screens too), but we have to stretch the field. Oakland has two good corners, but Moulds neutralizes one of them. Reed or Evans will have to beat the third corner depending on how Oakland plays them. DB must make Oakland pay. He needs a gunslinger's mentality.

Final result: DB=Billie the Kid (before he got shot)

Bills 31, Oakland 17

well the raiders gave up 110+ yards rushing last game. so we shoudl be able to get close to that running 35+ times. they have HUGE DTs, and we couldnt run up the middle agenst the jags, so i dout we can do it agenst the raiders. i want to see alot of toss plays and maybe a flip to henry on a miss direction play.

and 2 times in the game go deep. not just 10 yards, or 15 yards. im talkin 30, or 40. do it on the second drive on 2nd and 5, play-action. then again in the 3rd quarter. if you try to go deep more than 4 times, we get away from our run game, and will be forced to convert 3rd and longs alot.

or bring in Evans and go deep, even if its just a diversion for a 8 yard gain to reed, it would be nice.

THE BLACK HOLE IS A TOUGH CROWD.

THe ball must be pounded and pounded from the jump.

That way the passing will open up and as for CHARLES WOODSON he lost his step, age and injuries have slowed him up. The passing game will oepn up just like the BILLS/VIKINGS game when Drew threw the winning TD to Peerless Price

BILS WIN

THE BLACK HOLE IS A TOUGH CROWD.

THe ball must be pounded and pounded from the jump.

That way the passing will open up and as for CHARLES WOODSON he lost his step, age and injuries have slowed him up. The passing game will oepn up just like the BILLS/VIKINGS game when Drew threw the winning TD to Peerless Price

BILS WIN

33561[/snapback]

Are you mixing up Charles Woodson with Rod Woodson???? :huh:

The Oakland game isn't going to be a "gimme" in the win column. The offense is going to have to put points on the board. Lindell is going to have to be accurate if it's a close game. The defense did well for the first 57+ minutes last week but will have to stay focused. This is all obvious and needs no reply.

But I really believe Lindell will be the team's achilles heel this season. I still can't figure why we signed him over Hollis in 2003. At least Hollis can hit the cross bar at 40+ yards and put it in (see Vikings game).

At least this week there will be game tape to study, but so will the Raiders and I have a feeling they'll be blitzing alot. We may see alot of TH and WM in the back field to pick it up and have one as a relief for quick dumps. If not, DB will see a lot of the California sun.

Both teams are stinging from a "down to the wire" loss and both will be hungry for a win. But the advantage swings towards Oakland with a home game. If we don't win this, we can realistically look at a 0-3 record going into week 5. The NE game is the beginning of a 3 game streak of division opponents. A win against the Raiders will fuel the attitude, come up with a decent game plan against the Pats with everyone rested and rely on the 12th man to beat them at home. On the flip side, a loss in Oakland will be just like TH said this week about the Jags loss compared to last season, "deja vu".

So far everyone has the right attitude, it's a new game, don't focus on the loss. But what is up with Fletcher dodging the media. He's the captian of the defense. He's knows better than to horse around kicking the ball and causing a delay of game. Suck it up...take your medicine. At least Clements had the decency of admitting he should have just batted the ball away and took responsibility.

Ok, I'm off my soap box. But this is a must win game. For those of you going..bring the 12th man to rock the house. I'm going to compare this season to the 98 season. We started 0-3, but got into the playoffs. New head coach, staff, and offensive system. There is light at the end of the tunnel and hopefully it's not a train coming the opposite way. GO BILLS!!!!!!!

But I really believe Lindell will be the team's achilles heel this season.  I still can't figure why we signed him over Hollis in 2003.  At least Hollis can hit the cross bar at 40+ yards and put it in (see Vikings game).

33669[/snapback]

Hindisght being 20/20, had we re-signed Hollis last year, we would have had a kicker on the pay role out for the season with back problems. What I question is TD's mentality towards these kickers. Good ones are worth their weight in gold, just ask the Pats. I also question the Bills ability to properly assess a place kicker. Shayne Graham replaced that Charlie Brown wanna be Jake Ariens, then he's let go. OK, we got Hollis, a step forward, Shayne Graham moves on and has become a consistent and accurate kicker for the Bungles. Hollis isn't resigned so we move on to Lindell (who doesn't seem to have much leg strength despite his size, and lacks consistency). Lindell is a step backwards and if Hollis is healthy, he's be a guy we could use. I still think he showed up at camp to keep his name in TD's mind, for what it was worth anyway.

Right.

I really want them to send Evans deep in this game, if Walker is covering him.

He can not keep up with Evans.

33574[/snapback]

Just my opinion I think Philip Buchanon will be on L Evans. He has the speed to stay with Evans. I see D walker on Reed.

Gallery will be playing RT

The DT's should be our primary concern. We need to run the piss out of the ball and get those two old fatboys winded. I expect the offense to execute a hell of a lot better this week.

Should Troy Vincent  be on Jerry Porter and Nate on Rice or vice versa?

If Gallary is on Schobel than the LDE needs to step up big time this week also.

33460[/snapback]

:D MARK, bite your tounge on those trick plays. I HATE trick plays, they scare me. They also lose big yardage. I say no trick plays until 4th quarter of games we are winning by at least 20 points. Besides the BILLS don't exacute well enough for that crap.

GO BILLS! REPEL THE ROTTEN RAIDERS!!

I hope we run an end around flee flicker lateral hook and ladder on 3rd and a foot... :D

I agree with your outlook. Pound the ball.

33464[/snapback]