Blue & Gold Returns Tonight ... or Not

PTS

I have no proof whatsoever for what I'm about to say only that I've had a feeling the Sabres would be bringing back the Blue and Gold sooner than the 2006-07 season. I am going out on the limb and as the Sabres ad campaign states "The future starts" tomorrow.

Blue & Gold returns to Buffalo tomorrow!

But like I said this is only an incredibly strong gut feeling with only tidbits of unconfirmed info that I just pieced together. I suspected this for a long time but have no hard proof.

====EDIT BELOW====

On my way home today I worked a little cell phone magic. Here's what I found out.

Sabres applied for new Blue and Gold jerseys at some point during the end of the 2003-2004 season.

The rule is that the NHL and PA need one full season before they can make the logo/jersey switch official. The new jerseys would have been unveiled this season had the NHL played in 04-05.

There was some confusion as to whether or not this switch could be made for this season because of the lockout. Here exactly what I was told by a friend that's well connected***...

One source said the new jerseys have been approved for this season and we'll see them tomorrow.

Another source is that the new jerseys have been approved but only as third jerseys until January 2006, at which point they can make them their official jerseys. Why January 2006? I have no idea.

*** For those of you that question my sources, good, cause I should question them too!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just like in the NFL, uniform changes have to be approved on year in advance. They can get special permission to wear the old jerseys like they did a few years back when Golisano took over, but that's it. You won't be seeing anything new (or old) this year.

Ignoring the rules for a second, here's another reason why this won't happen, money. If they were going to change jerseys, they would've announced it so that they could make more money in the Sabre Store.

Just like in the NFL, uniform changes have to be approved on year in advance.  They can get special permission to wear the old jerseys like they did a few years back when Golisano took over, but that's it.  You won't be seeing anything new (or old) this year.

Ignoring the rules for a second, here's another reason why this won't happen, money.  If they were going to change jerseys, they would've announced it so that they could make more money in the Sabre Store.

465203[/snapback]

Smokescreen my friend, smokescreen. The rule you stated is in deed an NHL rule, but the Sabres had this in the works for a long time. We'll see tomorrow, maybe I'm just looking into a few things too much, but all the signs were there for me to say what I did. I posted months ago that their was a prototype jersey the Sabres had developed a while ago.

As for the money-issue, if they are new blue and gold jerseys, I'm getting mine tomorrow as I'm sure 1000s of others will.

Smokescreen my friend, smokescreen. The rule you stated is in deed an NHL rule, but the Sabres had this in the works for a long time. We'll see tomorrow, maybe I'm just looking into a few things too much, but all the signs were there for me to say what I did. I posted months ago that their was a prototype jersey the Sabres had developed a while ago.

As for the money-issue, if they are new blue and gold jerseys, I'm getting mine tomorrow as I'm sure 1000s of others will.

465207[/snapback]

Did you see the pictures of the murals they painted in the arena? It seems like a pretty poor plan to put up all these pictures of uniforms that no one will be wearing.

I have no proof whatsoever for what I'm about to say only that I've had a feeling the Sabres would be bringing back the Blue and Gold sooner than the 2006-07 season. I am going out on the limb and as the Sabres ad campaign states "The future starts" tomorrow.

But like I said this is only an incredibly strong gut feeling with only tidbits of unconfirmed info that I just pieced together. I suspected this for a long time but have no hard proof.

465187[/snapback]

I know that you have some inside contacts in the organization and have made some correct "predictions" in the past. (and some incorrect ones too :lol: ) I hope you are right!

465187[/snapback]

Hope you're right, man.

465187[/snapback]

Did you see Ty Law wearing this jersey??

On my way home today I worked a little cell phone magic. Here's what I found out.

Sabres applied for new Blue and Gold jerseys at some point during the end of the 2003-2004 season.

The rule is that the NHL and PA need one full season before they can make the logo/jersey switch official. The new jerseys would have been unveiled this season had the NHL played in 04-05.

There was some confusion as to whether or not this switch could be made for this season because of the lockout. Here exactly what I was told by a friend that's well connected***...

One source said the new jerseys have been approved for this season and we'll see them tomorrow.

Another source is that the new jerseys have been approved but only as third jerseys until January 2006, at which point they can make them their official jerseys. Why January 2006? I have no idea.

*** For those of you that question my sources, piss off. I wouldn't make this up for the hell of it.

*** For those of you that question my sources, piss off. I wouldn't make this up for the hell of it.

465286[/snapback]

Welcome to my world.

Did you see the pictures of the murals they painted in the arena?  It seems like a pretty poor plan to put up all these pictures of uniforms that no one will be wearing.

465216[/snapback]

You know what, excellent point, unless the paintings are easily changeable. Even the Sabres said they will be switching once the NHL allows them too, so those murals would have to be changed sooner or later.

Just like in the NFL, uniform changes have to be approved on year in advance.  They can get special permission to wear the old jerseys like they did a few years back when Golisano took over, but that's it.  You won't be seeing anything new (or old) this year.

Ignoring the rules for a second, here's another reason why this won't happen, money.  If they were going to change jerseys, they would've announced it so that they could make more money in the Sabre Store.

465203[/snapback]

Something tells me that if the Sabres skate out onto the ice tomorrow with blue and gold jerseys they won't have a problem selling them during intermissions and after the game.

Something tells me that if the Sabres skate out onto the ice tomorrow with blue and gold jerseys they won't have a problem selling them during intermissions and after the game.

465497[/snapback]

I don't think they'd have a problem selling the new B&G. The issue is what do you do with 1,000 Black Noronnen sweaters. :)

Dave.