Blue & Gold Returns Tonight ... or Not

PTS

No, it isn't, just as it wasn't enough to prove it when they skated out in them two years ago.  Just having the players wear those jerseys once does not delineate that those are the "official" jerseys versus the "throwback" jerseys.  Again, that's all I'm saying...they'll likely say something after the game to confirm/deny if they do skate out in throwback style jerseys, but until then it could simply be players wearing throwbacks...

Unless of course I'm missing something with respect to the NHL rules on throw-backs...

465943[/snapback]

The Sabres got special approval from the league to wear the b/g that one time. If they come out in b/g this time, while the possibility exists that it may be another 1 time thing, it WON'T be a 3rd jersey. Color scheme for 3rds have to use team's uniform/logo colors. The Sabres currently do not have blue in the color scheme, although they have been adding a gold border around the shatanic goat head in their brochures / etc.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When it comes to inside Bills info Clutch has been a bit off target. When it comes to the Sabres, he is dead nuts on everytime. Thanks for the info Clutch.

465924[/snapback]

It's a fact that he has contacts with the team.

The Sabres got special approval from the league to wear the b/g that one time.  If they come out in b/g this time, while the possibility exists that it may be another 1 time thing, it WON'T be a 3rd jersey.  Color scheme for 3rds have to use team's  uniform/logo colors.  The Sabres currently do not have blue in the color scheme, although they have been adding a gold border around the shatanic goat head in their brochures / etc.

465951[/snapback]

I was thinking the same thing about third jerseys, but then there's that ugly Atlanta 3rd jersey. I've never paid too much attention to their regular jerseys. Is that blue actually in them? The Anahiem 3rd jersey is another one where the color doesn't seem right.

edit: The blue is in the Atlanta jerseys. It's about as sublte as the red eye in the old sabres jerseys. As for Anahiem, I don't see how that jersey fits into their color scheme.

I was thinking the same thing about third jerseys, but then there's that ugly Atlanta 3rd jersey.  I've never paid too much attention to their regular jerseys.  Is that blue actually in them?  The Anahiem 3rd jersey is another one where the color doesn't seem right.

edit:  The blue is in the Atlanta jerseys.  It's about as sublte as the red eye in the old sabres jerseys.  As for Anahiem, I don't see how that jersey fits into their color scheme.

466017[/snapback]

I'm not sure what you're referring to about the Anaheim jerseys. The ugly maroon is their base color from their home jersey and the silver and white show up in the home logo.

I'm not sure what you're referring to about the Anaheim jerseys.  The ugly maroon is their base color from their home jersey and the silver and white show up in the home logo.

466046[/snapback]

http://www.mightyducks.com/images/200503/98.f.jpg

That jersey is black. I guess they can use it since there is black in the background of their logo, but still, that's a bit of a stretch.

Well i found one flaw in Clutch's theory.... all the authentic jerseys for most teams are on sale on nhl.com... so i don't believe that part of his theory holds water.

466141[/snapback]

I think someone else posted about the discounted jerseys. I heard the Sabres store is very low on stock and most of it is on sale. But either way, you'll see for yourself in just over five hours.

I think someone else posted about the discounted jerseys. I heard the Sabres store is very low on stock and most of it is on sale. But either way, you'll see for yourself in just over five hours.

466215[/snapback]

My parents were at the Sabres store early this week and said they weren't too impressed with how much they had. They also said about "half" the stuff there was blue and gold throwback stuff.

We don't.

But *I* know him in real life.

466239[/snapback]

And you know that his cousin or whatever is the assistant to the assistant of the head of the janitorial department at HSBC Arena or something?

We see these kinds of posts ALL the time around here...and nearly each and every time, they're proven to be less than reliable.

And you know that his cousin or whatever is the assistant to the assistant of the head of the janitorial department at HSBC Arena or something?

We see these kinds of posts ALL the time around here...and nearly each and every time, they're proven to be less than reliable.

466245[/snapback]

I agree, and that's why I ignore posts like this "nearly each and every time."

I'm putting my faith in Mr. Clutch because I know he has some real connections to the Sabres. I don't blame you for not believing him but if anyone would know about something like this, I think it's him.

Here's a post from the sportslogos.net message board (probably the greatest collection of uniform and logo geeks ever assembled):

Equipment Guy?

Admittedly, this sounds exactly like what JSP was just saying but I'm hopefuly anyway.

Hopefully in another few hours Clutch and I won't look like a pair of Dan Rathers.....

466245[/snapback]

I'm Mike Grier's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.