My take on JP...from a DB basher!

LabattBlue

Was I glad the Bills turned the page on DB and gave the reigns to JP?...absolutely. Did I think that JP was going to have his share of ups and downs?...yes, but I didn't expect it to be this bad. The biggest disappointment to date from my point of view is that I believed even in his first few games, that JP would bring an EXCITING brand of football to the table. If anything, these first four weeks, have been as much torture as most games of the DB era. I thought that with a year under his belt, that JP would be much more polished than what he has shown.

One thing that the announcers mentioned yesterday, that I agree 100% with, is that JP has to realize that the defenders he was able to run away from in college, are a lot faster in the pros. Also, hopefully the overthrows and the pass blocking will get better as the season goes by.

Clements isn't helping at all. It's one thing to be enamored with a passing game when you have an experienced vet QB, but it's like he is completely oblivious to the fact that there is a QB under center with a whole 3 games under his belt. I also don't like the setup of Clements on the sidelines and Wyche in the booth. I think it should be just the opposite. Wyche down on the field to review the previous series with Losman and Clement up in the booth, where he has a better perspective of the game.

PS On a personal note, Clements has that smug look on his face that makes you want to punch him.

Whats been worse - The first four games of the "JP ERA" or the "TODD COLLINS ERA" ?

463163[/snapback]

The Collins era has been erased from my memory and is a by-product of a past administration. I'm more concerned with the current QB and the current front office and coaching staff.

Name 1 experienced QB that could win consistently with this offense, or with a defense that can't stop anyone. There are none. So, why throw any of the blame on a first year QB? So what can JP do to help the defense?

Name 1 experienced QB that could win consistently with this offense, or with a defense that can't stop anyone.  There are none.  So, why throw any of the blame on a first year QB?  So what can JP do to help the defense?

463205[/snapback]

I don't know, Steve McNair has had some pretty good season when Tenny was without a lot of talent.

Name 1 experienced QB that could win consistently with this offense, or with a defense that can't stop anyone.  There are none.  So, why throw any of the blame on a first year QB?  So what can JP do to help the defense?

463205[/snapback]

I didn't say anything about winning or losing. My comment was on JP's play as the Bills starting QB through he first quarter of this season.. Go back and re-read my post.

He did?

Did they not finish 8-8 his first three seasons?

463214[/snapback]

7-9 his first year, but he didn't start.

8-8 his second, but again he was not named the starter until later in the year.

Then 8-8 his first 2 full years starting.

13-3 his third year starting.

The point was Mcnair has had some good year when the Titans didn't have a lot of talent.

And I would take his coach every day of the week over ours.

Whats been worse - The first four games of the "JP ERA" or the "TODD COLLINS ERA" ?

463163[/snapback]

No question the JP era. Look at Todds first four games and they were not horrible.

Bills were 2-2 , with the second best comeback in NFL history after coming back from a 26-0 hole agaisnt the Colts. Crimminay, think JP can get us back from a 2-0 hole lol. But I'm on the bandwagon, and this kid is gunna get better.

I also really liked Collins after that Indy game, remeber saying the kid grew up today, and he is on his way, so take what I say for what its its worth

Was I glad the Bills turned the page on DB and gave the reigns to JP?...absolutely.  Did I  think that JP was going to have his share of ups and downs?...yes, but I didn't expect it to be this bad.  The biggest disappointment to date from my point of view is that I believed  even in his first few games, that JP would bring an EXCITING brand of football to the table.  If anything, these first four weeks, have been as much torture as most games of the DB era.  I thought that with a year under his belt, that JP would be much more polished than what he has shown. 

463157[/snapback]

I counted out loud a few times after the snap and Sunday and could not count the times I barely finished "two-one thousand" before someone was through the line. How can any QB bring an exciting football when he has no OLine to protect him and he has no time for plays to even develop?

I counted out loud a few times after the snap and Sunday and could not count the times I barely finished "two-one thousand" before someone was through the line. How can any QB bring an exciting football when he has no OLine to protect him and he has no time for plays to even develop?

463388[/snapback]

I love the double standard. I said that for the last three years (and more...) that it's the OL, and I was labeled as a Bledsoe apologist. Go figure.

or the last season of the Drew Bledsoe era....

Yeah, going 9-7 sucked.

CW

463388[/snapback]

That's where I thought JP would bring an extra weapon to the offense, by using his feet to scramble around and make a play versus our former QB who had no other option but to be sacked when the pass protection broke down.