Tom Donahoe

Frez

Are we as Bills fans happy with Mr. Donahoe and the way he has built this team? How many years does it really take to put a team into the playoffs?

Mr Donahoe just received a 5 year extension from Ralph Wilson. Is this team about winning or putting asses in the seats?

Do we know the length of the extension? I thought I read (or it was speculated) that it was an additional one or two years.

Whether you like or hate TD, we should all be able to agree that it has been too long since we made the playoffs.

The failure to build the o-line defies explanation.

Are we as Bills fans happy with Mr. Donahoe and the way he has built this team? How many years does it really take to put a team into the playoffs?

Mr Donahoe just received a 5 year extension from Ralph Wilson. Is this team about winning or putting asses in the seats?

455913[/snapback]

The Bills get a pass this year, but if they miss the playoffs next year, in YEAR 6 of the TD master plan, I'd have to question TD's effectiveness as GM of the Bills.

455913[/snapback]

I give no pass for TD as LabattBlue did. This is a do or die year in my book.

The Bills get a pass this year, but if they miss the playoffs next year, in YEAR 6 of the TD master plan, I'd have to question TD's effectiveness as GM of the Bills.

In year 6 there is not likely to be a Moulds, Clements, Teague, the Takeo we knew, and Adams. So now that we need reinforcement in those areas, not to mention the rest of the holes to plug, how do you see year 6 being appreciably different than years 1-5? At what point do we admit that Teflon was the biggest mistake, in terms of building a winner?

In year 6 there is not likely to be a Moulds, Clements, Teague, the Takeo we knew, and Adams.  So now that we need reinforcement in those areas, not to mention the rest of the holes to plug, how do you see year 6 being appreciably different than years 1-5?  At what point do we admit that Teflon was the biggest mistake, in terms of building a winner?

455955[/snapback]

If TD is a good GM, he takes the money that was spent on those players you mention and reloads via F/A and the draft ASAP. If not, he is not as good as some think.

In year 6 there is not likely to be a Moulds, Clements, Teague, the Takeo we knew, and Adams.  So now that we need reinforcement in those areas, not to mention the rest of the holes to plug, how do you see year 6 being appreciably different than years 1-5?  At what point do we admit that Teflon was the biggest mistake, in terms of building a winner?

455955[/snapback]

I think we can really start to question his know how today. I really think it's about putting asses in the seats. Tom got the fans to buy into this team and most of us have. I wonder what is going through his head right now?

I see a 4-12 season coming boys and it's not because we have a 2nd year QB.

I think we can really start to question his know how today. I really think it's about putting asses in the seats. Tom got the fans to buy into this team  and most of us have. I wonder what is going through his head right now?

I see a 4-12 season coming boys and it's not because we have a 2nd year QB.

455967[/snapback]

I don't think the coaches will allow a 4-12 season to happen, Frez.....If JP doesn't show some signs of life relatively soon, I think you're going to see a change of philosophy at the QB spot. They may not start Holcomb outright, but they'll start going to him during the game. There's no way we're going to tank the season because of JP. I'm still hopeful that he starts really lighting it up, but if not we have Holcomb waiting in the wings.

I don't think the coaches will allow a 4-12 season to happen, Frez.....If JP doesn't show some signs of life relatively soon, I think you're going to see a change of philosophy at the QB spot. They may not start Holcomb outright, but they'll start going to him during the game. There's no way we're going to tank the season because of JP. I'm still hopeful that he starts really lighting it up, but if not we have Holcomb waiting in the wings.

455972[/snapback]

I don't think the QB is the biggest problem on the team. If you give JP the hook you could ruin him. The problem with this team is much deeper than just the QB.

4-12

Look at the up and coming schedule.

I don't think the QB is the biggest problem on the team. If you give JP the hook you could ruin him. The problem with this team is much deeper than just the QB.

4-12

Look at the up and coming schedule.

455980[/snapback]

Well, I don't see any reason why our defense will continue crapping the bed.....I dont understand the breakdowns the last two games, but they'll get it together. Willis is running very well and we still have one of the best ST units in the NFL. I'm just saying, if they think JP is preventing us from winning games, then at some point they're going to go to Kelly.....TD didn't sign him for no reason. Everyone knew playing JP was a risk.....his time to produce is limited, even if they won't say that outright. It's just common sense.

455913[/snapback]

I love Ralph. BILLS ...., now I’ll be playing golf on these beautiful Sunday afternoons instead of sitting on couch going nutz!!!!!! Glad my ass in only in the seats for the home opener every year. I'll be back next year, the partying and food is to good.. takes me weeks to recover,,

SSDY since 1964....

No need to get deeper, it doesn't matter... I'm done wasting time... Red Zone, hammer the friigin ball in.. 3rd and 2 , shotgun GMAFB...

How long can this go on? Send JP to Europe next year ,, remember , he went to TULANE!!! Memphis State always KICKED TULANE ass!!!!! GMAFB...

Thanks for letting me vent..

His job was to market the team and to put folks into seats. On the other hand the football team has been mediocre at best. With some stars aging and some developing it should be interesting.

455966[/snapback]

one thing that gets lost - really good teams get a couple of extra home games a year via the form of the playoffs. the bills haven't had a home playoff game in a loooooooong time.

I think if putting asses in the seats is what it is all about, then it will be the fans who decide when a change is necessary.

I think TD is smart enough to know that he does not need to win to keep Bills fans coming to games. TD can be a GM for only a certain number of teams, such as Pitt and Buffalo where fans come regardless of the team. It is more about the party than it is about the game.

I can't help thinking what markedly different fortunes the Bills and Steelers have had since the end of the Butler/Levy/Phillips era and the start of the Donahoe/Williams/Mularkey era. I know a lot of Stillers fans were crying in their beer when Donahoe left the Steel City...I know I was rejoicing when we got Donahoe.

Now I can't help thinking we should have got the other guy - not that there would have been a chance in hell...

At some point, he *has* to be accountable...I think Mularkey is going to be a great coach - but we need linemen...and we need to pay to get/keep them - unless we draft flawlessly and smartly...I like Evans and McGahee - but now I can't help thinking we should have drafted or traded for a money OL and got Willie Parker...

Anybody know how well or how badly OJ Shelton is playing in Cleveland...

Charles

Well, listen.

It is obvious that Tom has not done a good job fielding a football team. You cant argue that. The proof is there.

The problem I have critisizing him is that I dont know what bad moves (other than GW) he made. Some say drew, I disagree. Letting go of Pat, Jonas and AW....hard moves, but they werent worth the money (BTW, clement IS...). The handling of Price Bordered on Genious. Milloy and Spikes were great additions...McNally is a great coach. The coaching staff and front office (Modrak) is second to none. Everything is great...except we arent winning.

So yes, TD needs to share the blame. But we as fans need to not just be critical. We also need to understand that he has done just about exactly what we wanted him to do.

We need to work on the O-Line and find some defensive youth. Thats about it. I think JP will come around eventually, but he was a PROJECT. thats what everyone was saying on draft day. He was 3-4 years in the making. Somehow everyone (including TD) forgot that. As long as he keeps his head on straight, he will be a good QB in a couple years

Well, listen.

It is obvious that Tom has not done a good job fielding a football team.  You cant argue that.  The proof is there.

The problem I have critisizing him is that I dont know what bad moves (other than GW) he made.  Some say drew, I disagree.  Letting go of Pat, Jonas and AW....hard moves, but they werent worth the money (BTW, clement IS...).  The handling of Price Bordered on Genious.  Milloy and Spikes were great additions...McNally is a great coach.  The coaching staff and front office (Modrak) is second to none.  Everything is great...except we arent winning.

So yes, TD needs to share the blame.  But we as fans need to not just be critical.  We also need to understand that he has done just about exactly what we wanted him to do. 

We need to work on the O-Line and find some defensive youth.  Thats about it.  I think JP will come around eventually, but he was a PROJECT.  thats what everyone was saying on draft day.  He was 3-4 years in the making.  Somehow everyone (including TD) forgot that.  As long as he keeps his head on straight, he will be a good QB in a couple years

456032[/snapback]

Great post....I couldn't agree more.

Well, listen.

It is obvious that Tom has not done a good job fielding a football team.  You cant argue that.  The proof is there.

The problem I have critisizing him is that I dont know what bad moves (other than GW) he made.  Some say drew, I disagree.  Letting go of Pat, Jonas and AW....hard moves, but they werent worth the money (BTW, clement IS...).  The handling of Price Bordered on Genious.  Milloy and Spikes were great additions...McNally is a great coach.  The coaching staff and front office (Modrak) is second to none.  Everything is great...except we arent winning.

So yes, TD needs to share the blame.  But we as fans need to not just be critical.  We also need to understand that he has done just about exactly what we wanted him to do. 

We need to work on the O-Line and find some defensive youth.  Thats about it.  I think JP will come around eventually, but he was a PROJECT.  thats what everyone was saying on draft day.  He was 3-4 years in the making.  Somehow everyone (including TD) forgot that.  As long as he keeps his head on straight, he will be a good QB in a couple years

456032[/snapback]

it's not always about the moves TD does make.......often it's about the moves he doesn't make.......i.e. not properly addressing needs this off-season choosing instead to bargain bin shop......

by the way, AW has proven to be worth the cash (the market for CB's has continued to explode) and time will tell if JJ and PW live up to their contracts......you are correct on clements though and it's a shame this deal isn't done.......