A little tidbit on McGahee

Buffan00

The alternative was a tip-toeing Willis.  Tom Clements picked his poison, probably based upon JP's solid performance the week before, but it obviously didn't work out.

And as I mentioned before, unless a poster poo-pooed the playcalling after the Texans game, I don't want to hear it.  Willis got most of his touches in the 2nd half of that game making the ratio closer but in both games Willis' runs accounted for roughly 1/3 of the offensive plays from scrimmage.

449172[/snapback]

I didn't other then the inside the 20 play calling, and the going for it on 4th and 2. That would have put us up 15-7 at that point. I said then it was a bad call even though it worked out and Peters got a TD, that was before the half and too much of a momentum swing if we got stopped on that play.

But I was also real cautious as I didn't want folks to think I was criticizing JP.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And I agree to a point.  But don't force him into obvious running plays on 2nd and 10 and the need to get 5 yards because of the piss poor play calling.  Yes Willis didn't hit the holes hard, but I believe part of it was the need to make up for the bad play calling on 1st down.

449088[/snapback]

:( Since when does 2nd and 10 constitute an obvious running down? Defense should be expecting a pass, which should open up more running room for WM.

When you throw on first and need to pick up some yards so it isn't a long 3rd down.  <_<

449388[/snapback]

Do you think more than 50% of 2-10 plays in the NFL are running plays? That OC's or DC's think of 2-10 as a running down more than a passing down? That as soon as it gets 2-10, teams rush in their fat DT's to stop the run because they know a handoff is coming?

Granted, I agree with you to a point that the Bills were very predictable in THIS game throwing on first and running on 2nd and 10. But they aren't usually that predictable. And 2-10 is more of a passing down than a running down, although a lot of teams do run on 2-10. Interestingly, just this week Madden, in fact, on MNF went way out of his way a couple times to suggest that Bill Parcells thinks of 2-10 as a running down, with the implication that this was a huge aberration and no one else thought that way.

Do you think more than 50% of 2-10 plays in the NFL are running plays? That OC's or DC's think of 2-10 as a running down more than a passing down? That as soon as it gets 2-10, teams rush in their fat DT's to stop the run because they know a handoff is coming?

Granted, I agree with you to a point that the Bills were very predictable in THIS game throwing on first and running on 2nd and 10. But they aren't usually that predictable. And 2-10 is more of a passing down than a running down, although a lot of teams do run on 2-10. Interestingly, just this week Madden, in fact, on MNF went way out of his way a couple times to suggest that Bill Parcells thinks of 2-10 as a running down, with the implication that this was a huge aberration and no one else thought that way.

449422[/snapback]

I agree with you that in normal situations when a run is stopped on 1st that 2nd down becomes a passing down. But I believe as you say, failing to complete a pass on first forced us to have to run on 2nd and thus making us predictable.

And I actually agree with Parcells that 2 and 10 should be a running down as it gives you the chance to get 4 yards and a much more makable 3rd down. I guess great minds think alike.

When you throw on first and need to pick up some yards so it isn't a long 3rd down.  <_<

449388[/snapback]

Only pussies think that way. It's a losers mentality. The vast majority of competitive men view 2nd and 10 as a passing play, irregardless if you ran or passed on first down. So you pick up a few yards on 2nd down, big deal, everyone and their brother now knows what's coming on 3rd down.

Only pussies think that way.  It's a losers mentality.  The vast majority of competitive men view 2nd and 10 as a passing play, irregardless if you ran or passed on first down.  So you pick up a few yards on 2nd down, big deal, everyone and their brother now knows what's coming on 3rd down.

449553[/snapback]

Yup, Bill Parcells and his two Super Bowl rings means he is a kitty and has no clue what he is talking about. <_<

Losers don't think about field position, and don't put their players in a position to succeed. 3 and 10 all the time and you will only get a first down 20% of the time.

Loser mentality.

Yup, Bill Parcells and his two Super Bowl rings means he is a kitty and has no clue what he is talking about.  <_<

Losers don't think about field position, and don't put their players in a position to succeed.  3 and 10 all the time and you will only get a first down 20% of the time. 

Loser mentality.

449558[/snapback]

That's why an effective play caller will mix it up more so you're not always in 2nd and 10. A lot more options and helps keep the D on their heels when you get at least a few yards on first. But to make a blanket statement that 2nd and 10 is a running down is akin to when teams run up the middle on 3rd and forever. You're giving up. Get some kahunas and show more aggression in your will to win and don't be so willing to roll over.

Only pussies think that way.  It's a losers mentality.  The vast majority of competitive men view 2nd and 10 as a passing play, irregardless if you ran or passed on first down.  So you pick up a few yards on 2nd down, big deal, everyone and their brother now knows what's coming on 3rd down.

449553[/snapback]

supposably, many coaches think that way. <_<

449553[/snapback]

Ooooo. Calling VA a kitty AND a loser. Wow. Did you throw in "irregardless" because a word that shouldn't exist would throw him off? Let's be honest. When it comes to butchering words and grammar, you can't handle the truth that is VABills. <_<

The alternative was a tip-toeing Willis.  Tom Clements picked his poison, probably based upon JP's solid performance the week before, but it obviously didn't work out.

And as I mentioned before, unless a poster poo-pooed the playcalling after the Texans game, I don't want to hear it.  Willis got most of his touches in the 2nd half of that game making the ratio closer but in both games Willis' runs accounted for roughly 1/3 of the offensive plays from scrimmage.

449172[/snapback]

The Texans have a cream-puff secondary, though. And even so, the coaches called 19 passes and 15 runs in the first half against the Texans...but then, against Tampa in the first half, they called 13 passes and 8 runs, which is very roughly the same ratio.

And I think what most people are forgetting in the whole "pass vs. establish the run against Tampa" debate is that the Bills achieved ONE first down the entire first half. Every other drive was either a three-and-out, save for one egregious two-and-a-safety. Sure, the play-calling sucked, but you're not going to establish anything if you keep going three-and-out, regardless of whether or not you call a run or a pass on first down.

"Supposably"? 

If I ever meet you, I'm gonna kick your ass for that imaginary word.  <_<

:lol:

449674[/snapback]

I think he was countering the imaginary word irregardless (which he highlighted in bold) with another imaginary word....though I could be wrong...

I think he was countering the imaginary word irregardless (which he highlighted in bold) with another imaginary word....though I could be wrong...

449694[/snapback]

thanks, dan, for correctly interpreting what i thought was a rather obvious attempt at humor.

damn primates. <_<