Let's give this a shot...

SDS

The existance of a separate OT forum has been debated heavily over the years. Both sides of the argument make valid points. The Bills bring us together, but IMHO the OT posts allow opening day tailgate parties to happen and friendships to flourish. The question before us (me?) is how to raise the level of our discussion, without sacrificing the friendship building influence of OT discussions? The community may be so large now that posters pulling back on OT posts during the season is not enough to keep a good balance.

I have decided to try an OT forum on a trial basis - probably for the remainder of the season, unless it appears to be a flop.

I guess the purest way to run this is that all OT posts belong here. I could see an alternative relaxed off-season structure where OT posts are moved off TSW after 24 hours or such. I am open to suggestions.

We need a name for this place, so please offer your suggestions.

The floor is open for your constructive comments.

Well there goes JSP's Let's dream we are sleeping with this Babe Thread. :doh::unsure:

I think we do have way too many OT posts but sometimes the are so much fun. Do what you wish fearless leader. Anything is worth a try. Poor MODs are really going to earn their Salary now.:w00t:;) moved, moved, moved.

GO BILLS

Just my two cents...But I'm hopefull that the OT forum fails..Sorry SDS....What makes this board so attractice is the "community"; we ask for help, we offer help, pick on each other, defend each other, pray for friends and their friends, brag about certain feats. I've always looked at this place as a kind of extended family. And yes sometimes the OT's seem non-stop, but during the season the OT's seem to slow down quite a bit; they take care of themselves.

So again my two cents....move the OT back.

I think what you have suggested should do the trick. Strict OT in the OT Forum during the season, 24 hr limit on OT for the main board sounds like a good balance. I'd also say that a "bump" is not enough to keep an OT post alive, that something substantial should be added to keep a thread going.

Nicely done El Presidente.

From someone who has prattled endlessly about needing an Entertainment forum for people to have their LOST/Survivor/etc threads, it'll be interesting to see how this "extreme" works...I mean it has worked on other message boards, but the true OT stuff (meaning "out there" as much as "off topic") was really what kept the board fun...

Over-Under on how long it takes everyone to get tired of it?

446703[/snapback]

In theory the OT board is a good idea, but its a pain switching back and forth from here to the main board, and now i cant help but almost puke over the same posts repeated ad nauseum on the main board...the OT on the main board spiced things

up a bit...just my $0.02

In theory the OT board is a good idea, but its a pain switching back and forth from here to the main board, and now i cant help but almost puke over the same posts repeated ad nauseum on the main board...the OT on the main board spiced things

up a bit...just my $0.02

446864[/snapback]

But the football purists now have heaven.

Or groundhog day.

I think it should be named "The Plug Hole"

:doh:

This place is basically a benign oligarchy with the good of the members weighing heavily in the ultimate decisions.

I Don't Like Mondays

The silicon chip inside her head

Gets switched to overload.

And nobody's gonna go to school today,

She's going to make them stay at home.

And daddy doesn't understand it,

He always said she was as good as gold.

And he can see no reason

'Cause there are no reasons

What reason do you need to be shown?

Tell me why?

I don't like Mondays.

Tell me why?

I don't like Mondays.

Tell me why?

I don't like Mondays.

I want to shoot

The whole day down.

The telex machine is kept so clean

As it types to a waiting world.

And mother feels so shocked,

Father's world is rocked,

And their thoughts turn to

Their own little girl.

Sweet 16 ain't so peachy keen,

No, it ain't so neat to admit defeat.

They can see no reasons

What reason do you need to be shown?

Tell me why?

I don't like Mondays.

Tell me why?

I don't like Mondays.

Tell me why?

I don't like Mondays.

I want to shoot

The whole day down.

All the playing's stopped in the playground now

She wants to play with her toys a while.

And school's out early and soon we'll be learning

And the lesson today is how to die.

And then the bullhorn crackles,

And the captain crackles,

With the problems and the how's and why's.

And he can see no reasons

What reason do you need to die?

Tell me why?

I don't like Mondays.

Tell me why?

I don't like Mondays.

Tell me why?

I don't like Mondays.

I want to shoot

The whole day down.

Wasn't there a time when you were Trendi Chick?

448464[/snapback]

I'm happy to report the operation was a success! :D

I'm not sure why anyone would have confused me with her. It was during one of many unexplained absences. She must have made one or two incredibly intelligent posts which, of course, led some to believe I had returned.

Or, perhaps she told a fart joke.

BTW, WTF happened to spell-check?