Tradeable Bill = Clements

Mark VI

Guest Angry BB (Henry fan)

It will be a sad day when Henry leaves thr BB's because you dick heads won't have anything to complain about. Maybe you can go and pick a team with a perfect running back... oh wait there isn't a team out there with a perfect running back. But if there were such a thing, you anal sons of bit*hes wouldn't have anyhting to complain about. I think I would like that, just to see you crap heads in misery, but than again... you would start complaning about there being nothing to complain about. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :(

I will be glad when Henry leaves town, so you morons who want him gone can see you threw away a diamond for cubic zirconia. Ungrateful ******** fill in the blank

Support our team and the members stop bashing Bledsoe, Moulds, Mcgahee, Lindel and all the rest. Be die hard because the only thing that you can do, or that really matters, is support. No one needs fans booing, complaining adding pressure and asking our players to be some sort of multi talented super human . How would you like it if I came to your job and pressured you to put more than one di*k in your mouth an once.

:huh:

None of our players are not going anywhere this year, deal with it!!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be a sad day when Henry leaves thr BB's because you dick heads won't have anything to complain about. Maybe you can go and pick a team with a perfect running back... oh wait there isn't a team out there with a perfect running back. But if there were such a thing, you anal sons of bit*hes wouldn't have anyhting to complain about. I think I would like that, just to see you crap heads in misery, but than again... you would start complaning about there being nothing to complain about.  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :angry:     

I will be glad when Henry leaves town, so you morons who want him gone can see you threw away a diamond for cubic zirconia.  Ungrateful ******** fill in the blank

Support our team and the members stop bashing Bledsoe, Moulds, Mcgahee, Lindel and all the rest. Be die hard because the only thing that you can do, or that really matters, is support. No one needs fans booing, complaining adding pressure and asking our players to be some sort of multi talented super human . How would you like it if I came to your job and pressured you to put more than one di*k in your mouth an once. 

:huh:

None of our players are not going anywhere this year, deal with it!!!

31922[/snapback]

Yes.....................well......................... :(

I don't dislike Henry at all. I just believe his style of running spells a short career in the NFL. I'm more concerned about fielding a winning team, getting to the playoffs and making some noise. Discussing a situation where DB, Moulds, Clements etc. may be replaced is just that . A discussion and not a position of self righteousness. I haven't packed it in after one game. I just believe this team needs a spark and not players who pull down huge salaries yet come up small in crunchtime. They either do it this year or it's pointless to keep them around, when 4,5 proven players in an area of need could be aquired with their salary cap figure during the next FA signing period in March 2005. I see Losman,Evans, Mcgee etc. standing on the sidelines, dying for a shot at proving themselves,come 2005. If the big $$ guys are not delivering with the game on the line, it's time to explore other options. A commitment to mediocrity is no longer acceptable, at this point. This is the last time a certain core of guys will bring fans to the stands. If they fail, changes must be made to ensure a full stadium in 2005. Many WILL leave if a new look is not presented to them. I'll be there but the fringe fans will not.

Let's see if they can deliver in the clutch/close games, through the rest of the year. I'm in the stands every home game, cheering them on. If not, turn the page and get some new energy,leadership and potential prime time players in the lineup. That's all I'm saying.

Go Bills.

Guest Angry BB (Henry fan)

That's the spirit! Keep the faith! Don't let these idiots sway you into jumping ship or have you believing that the grass is greener on the other side because it's not.

Now Moulds, I agree with Mark on. We could likely get a decent return for him (not a first rounder though because of his age). I like Moulds a lot, and I think he has been a good team leader (particularly when he was drafted with the knock that he was immature), and has far and away been our best receiver the last 6 years. However, I really don't think he is one of the very elite receivers in the leauge, but on the next tier. His play is inconsistant in the clutch, and he makes too many mistakes. Again, I really do like Moulds, but he is not the all-world reciver we sometimes like to think he is. Any any given Sunday, he can be, but not every given Sunday...

31408[/snapback]

Not clutch? What about the first down against Cincy in OT last year? What about the awesome catch against Chicago in OT the year before last? Just because he doesn't score the touchdown doesn't mean he doesn't contribute.

CV bearhugged the defender. Textbook holding.

31631[/snapback]

You want to see a bearhug, watch the play with 2:41 remaining in the 1st quarter where Fred Taylor goes off right tackle. Watch the guy tackle Kelsay. Now THAT'S holding. No call.

The CV call wasn't a bearhug. It was after the RB went past and it didn't affect the outcome. Bad call.

Great post. The only way this franchise is going to go somewhere is when the selfish players on that team stop worrying about their stats and play as a team. It's been proven by the Pats. As boring as their style of play is--they don't have any huge egos on that team--that's why they are on their way to championship #3. I agree about Lossman--he may be that spark. I do worry about McGahee, though, and his ego. He wants to prove he still has it -- hopefully not at the expense of the team.

You want to see a bearhug, watch the play with 2:41 remaining in the 1st quarter where Fred Taylor goes off right tackle.  Watch the guy tackle Kelsay.  Now THAT'S holding.  No call. 

The CV call wasn't a bearhug.  It was after the RB went past and it didn't affect the outcome.  Bad call.

32006[/snapback]

Dude, I replayed it 10 times after the game. CVs arms are completely wrapped AROUND the defender. Take off your red, white, and blue glasses and face reality.

Moulds is still a very good player but has a tendency to drop many easy ones, fumble away others and drive you crazy...especially after watching him make some simply amazing catches... Andre Reed was half the athlete that Moulds was and still was twice the player !  ( Note : I realize most will not agree with Moulds, yet his cap hit, if I recall, is obscene for next season )

Clements just keeps getting toasted long. A great athlete who obviously just doesn't get the fundamental part of the game. There is a time to look back at the QB, a time to INT and and time to knock the ball down. Nate has been giving up A LOT of long passes the last couple of years. McGee and Thomas cannot be any worse. 

DB is DB. I just think the way his contract is set up, with Losman in the wings, that he is due to leave soon.  Losman may be the spark this club has been sorely lacking since the years of Kelly, Thomas, Smith, Talley etc. Hell, even the midget who's name must never be spoken, gave us a supreme spark in 1998. ( I hated him after that ) ...

Losman is 5 times the athlete Bledsoe could dream of being. We saw how Brady energized the Patriots. It's not all Brady. It's an energy other good players feed off of and perform at a higher level. That's leadership in a nutshell. Not carrying a team but giving it a spark to make others around you perform better. Plus having "it" between your ears.

If MaGahee finds his burst and continues to improve, then we have a good core of Losman, Evans, MaGahee, etc. A line that looks a little better. Euhus could break out at TE. The D will be OK with some turnover. Leave Fletcher and Spikes alone. The D will need some tweeking with the aging Williams and Adams in the middle. Edwards is looking better , Anderson looks promising. Plus we would have the $$ to sign a few FA's , if some overpriced Vets hit the road.

So if your looking to make some hard decisions on players after 2004, in order to open up cap space to aquire talent, look no further than Clements, DB and Moulds...That's a huge pile of $$ and could fill multiple holes immediately, especially for a team without a #1 pick...  Losman, Evans, McGee are waiting in the wings to replace them. You think that's a huge dropoff ??? Only in overpaid salary and results...

If we don't make the playoffs this season, then what's stopping us from pulling the trigger ???  We already know how far we can go with certain players. We need to see how far we can go with younger guys, not players past their prime/overrated and not delivering the goods... I definitely believe a certain core of players should get their last shot this season. If not, quit living in denial/the past and MOVE FORWARD !  It will not be a complete rebuild job. Think of the cap space and FA $$ would have for the March FA signing period ! That would take away the sting of no #1 pick and then some...

I throw this out for some lively discussion...but as always...

FLAME AWAY ! YOU "LIVING IN DENIAL "  BASTARDS !

31287[/snapback]

Great post,I agree !It maybe time to move on with with some great players E.M. :):):angry: I feel the Greatness that once was the Buffalo Bills dieing a slow slow agonizeing death! please someone bring back the heart of jim kelly to this team and make it truely a team again!

Not clutch?  What about the first down against Cincy in OT last year?  What about the awesome catch against Chicago in OT the year before last?  Just because he doesn't score the touchdown doesn't mean he doesn't contribute.

32000[/snapback]

Like I said, I think Moulds is a great player, he just has a tendancy to make mistakes at inopportune times. He doesn't beat double teams on a regular basis, as the truly elite recevers seem to find a way to do. I still think Moulds is a top 12 receiver, but not the top 5 guy that many Bills fans seem to think he is.

. If not, quit living in denial/the past and MOVE FORWARD ! It will not be a complete rebuild job.

31287[/snapback]

I for one choose not to live in the past, but I also choose not to live in the future as the present still has alot to offer.

Buffalo will almost certainly not replicate NE's SB championship after starting 0-1 last year with a 31-0 shellacking, however, there is still vast improvement over last year's 6-10 record which can be accomplished.

I don't think you or other fans should give up on the present just yet.

The Bills could open 2005 with Losman under center. If they do, they should really think about getting younger at other positions on offense. Our two starting WRs could be either Reed/Evans or Aiken/Evans.

Trading Travis would get us a nice first round pick for a player who--after this season--will only have a few good years left.

Putting a side the "trade so and so" theme for a minute. . . Who is most disproportionately earning a large salary and isn't playing to that level?

4. Trey Teague (unbelievable salary for a guy who is NOT a center, by all accounts he is a tackle, an average one)

31389[/snapback]

This is such BULLSHI-T. Trey Teague is not making anywhere near unbelievable money. The deal he signed pays him an average of $2.5 Million per year over 4 years. That is mousenuts for an O-lineman with his experience these days. Villarial is making nearly $3 Million per! Moreover, he signed for a very small amount of guaranteed money (only $1.6 Million) so he has been a very easy player to cut had we wanted to.

He has been the most consistent lineman on the team for since at least halfway through last season if not longer. He has played every freakin' snap so far this year since the start of rookie camp, the only starting lineman to do so. He made the switch from the glamorous LT position with the potential to make a lot more money to center, with barely a complaint, and he has busted his ass learning to play the position. The only thing he lacks is the customary bulk that most centers have, although he is hardly small.

Trey Teague deserves every nickel he is being paid.

And not on this list, but next year, we can't have a back up tailback making the money that Willis gets. He starts here or somewhere else next year, his salary (and ego/mouth/agent) dictate that.

31389[/snapback]

This is even more ridiculous.  Willis will make a salary of $529,000 next year.  This dictates nothing!  Keyrist!  Even our fullback makes more than that THIS year!  Moreover, the bulk of Willis' contract has already been paid in the form of signing and roster bonuses.  It hardly makes sense to dump him next season if he is not starting with that kind of investment in him already (let alone the impact it would have on the cap given that we would be eating all of that unamortized bonus).  In fact, getting rid of McGahee next season, whether by trade or otherwise, is simply not going to happen!

And BTW, the same reasoning goes for Mike Williams, who is scheduled to earn a salary of $486,250 this season, and $726,875 next season.  because the bonus money has already been paid, the issue is only whether he is playing well enough to earn his salary at this point.  The bonus money is gone and paid for and wil also come crashing onto the cap like a ton-o-bricks if he is traded or cut.

And BTW, I realize you are probably exaggerating Lindel's salary position for effect (i.e. top 5 money), but I can name 9 kickers right now (I got tired of looking after finding 9 rather easily) who are making more than Lindell this season and next season: Olindo Mare, Adam Vinatieri, Seb Janikowski, Joe Nedney, Jeff Wilkins, Doug Akers, Mike Vanderjagt, Kris Brown and John Hall. This was just a quick perusal of the salaries on NFLPA web site and looking up their signing bonuses and pro-rating them.

I am as disappointed as anyone with Lindell's kicking thus far, but let's not be too dramatic. Of course, I am not saying that those other guys are not better or worth the extra money, I am only saying that Lindell is NOT in the top 10 of kicker compensation let alone top 5.

Like I said, I think Moulds is a great player, he just has a tendancy to make mistakes at inopportune times.  He doesn't beat double teams on a regular basis, as the truly elite recevers seem to find a way to do.  I still think Moulds is a top 12 receiver, but not the top 5 guy that many Bills fans seem to think he is.

33242[/snapback]

Um, yeah, okay. Pretty much all Moulds has face his entire career are double teams...who exactly have we had pulling those double teams off him? There is one guy on our O that opposing Ds fear and that is Moulds. It's a shame even Bills fans can't appreciate how great the guy is.

And BTW, the same reasoning goes for Mike Williams, who is scheduled to earn a salary of $486,250 this season, and $726,875 next season.  because the bonus money has already been paid, the issue is only whether he is playing well enough to earn his salary at this point.  The bonus money is gone and paid for and wil also come crashing onto the cap like a ton-o-bricks if he is traded or cut.

33321[/snapback]

From Clumpy's Latest Salary Cap Report

OT Mike Williams: salary escalator which could take his salary from $726,875 to as high as $4 million.

He also has a $3 million roster bonus due. His cap number is nearly $6 million.

If he doesn't step up this year & start to show dominance, he will be asked to take a pay cut IMO...if he refuses, he could end up like Ruben. Definitely a crossroads year for MW.

Um, yeah, okay.  Pretty much all Moulds has face his entire career are double teams...who exactly have we had pulling those double teams off him?  There is one guy on our O that opposing Ds fear and that is Moulds.  It's a shame even Bills fans can't appreciate how great the guy is.

33386[/snapback]

Bravo!

Moulds is still a very good player but has a tendency to drop many easy ones, fumble away others and drive you crazy...especially after watching him make some simply amazing catches... Andre Reed was half the athlete that Moulds was and still was twice the player !   ( Note : I realize most will not agree with Moulds, yet his cap hit, if I recall, is obscene for next season )

I throw this out for some lively discussion...but as always...

FLAME AWAY ! YOU "LIVING IN DENIAL "  BASTARDS !

31287[/snapback]

TWO BILLS DRIVE the new home of the FAIR WEATHER FAN. I love how some fans just choose to make up things based off of the latest game. Eric Moulds fumbles and drops passes too much? LOL. The guy is a 9 year veteran and has 9 career fumbles. Where are the dropped passes? I didn't see any? He played last year on a torn groin and now in his first game back being healthy he had 8 catches and a TD. Are you kidding in your post or are you being serious?

I would continue to flame away but if you honestly believe all the stuff you posted there is no point.

From Clumpy's Latest Salary Cap Report

If he doesn't step up this year & start to show dominance, he will be asked to take a pay cut IMO...if he refuses, he could end up like Ruben. Definitely a crossroads year for MW.

33392[/snapback]

Far be it from me to question Clumpy's info. He does a great job of gathering info.

However, I would like to point out first that Mike's 2004 salary is $486,250 and his 2005 salary is the $726,875 (that is, unless the NFLPA site and Bills Daily are both incorrect). Secondly, I would assume that these escalators are not "likely to be earned," or they would already be counting against the cap. That says to me, without more info, that if his salary does escalate, then he arguably deserves the money for his play.

As for the roster bonus, Clumpy doesn't say when that is due. If it is due at the beginning of next season, that does become a factor. However, the question then becomes what is the impact on the cap in cutting him before the roster bonus becomes due?

His two-part signing bonus amortizes at the rate of $2.1 million per year. If he is released prior to paying him his roster bonus (assuming that it is due like Feb or March of next year), you save the roster bonus plus his salary which equals $3,726,875. However, because there would be three years remaining on his contract, the cap gets hit with his unamortized bonus of $6.3 Million. That means that cutting him to save the salary and roster bonus will actually COST us almost $2.6 Million in cap space for 2005!

With the cap as tight as it is, I hardly think the Bills will give up a player AND lose $2.6 Million in cap space to do it. Now, if the salary escalators are set up to be real easy to earn, that makes things a bit more interesting, although I would think that is unlikely because they would have to be already counted against the cap as if it were guaranteed signing bonus if the incentives are too easy.

The reality is, the way these rookie contracts are done, it is very difficult to shed yourself of them for at least 2/3 of the years if not longer. When you guarantee a guy almost $12 Million up front, releasing him before most of the contract has run is cap costly. While I agree that Mike needs to get his act together, and while I also agree that he might be asked to take a pay cut if he doesn't, the Bills do not have much in the way of leverage to force him to do so without really gumming up what will already be a really tight cap for next season.