A little perspective....

bills_fan

Guys, this gloom and doom is getting a bit ridiculous. We have a good team that just needs to learn how to finish off an opponent. We'll get there.

All this about how we stink, TKO should be traded, waiting for JP etc., is crazy. This season hasn't even really begun yet. For a little refresher, here's how some of last year's plaoff teams started...

Dallas (0-1) Final Record 10-6

St. Louis (0-1, then 1-2) Final Record 12-4

New England (0-1, a 31-0 whipping) Final Record 14-2, SB Champs

Philly (0-2) Final Record 12-4

Ravens (0-1) Final Record 10-6

Green Bay (0-1, then 1-2 after ugly loss to Arizona) Final Record 10-6

And for the piece de resistance...

Buffalo (2-0, dominant 31-0 and 38-17 wins vs NE and Jax) Final Record 6-10

Point is, its early and a lot can change, if we're sitting at 0-6 or 1-5 a month from now, then we can discuss tarring & feathering Donohoe, till then....GO BILLS!!!!

Thank you. That was refreshing =) You're being optimistic though; stop that!

Personally, I think Mularkey put 'em in a position to win the game. The players lost this one. Moulds' drops, Lindell's miss, allowing that 4th down bomb, et al.

If nothing else, I feel better about MM. He actually did put us in the position to win. Minus those PLAYER MISTAKES, we would have beat them by 10 points.

If Mularkey can do this week after week, we'll win games.

-Jeff

Guys, this gloom and doom is getting a bit ridiculous.  We have a good team that just needs to learn how to finish off an opponent.  We'll get there. 

All this about how we stink, TKO should be traded, waiting for JP etc., is crazy.  This season hasn't even really begun yet.  For a little refresher, here's how some of last year's plaoff teams started...

Point is, its early and a lot can change, if we're sitting at 0-6 or 1-5 a month from now, then we can discuss tarring & feathering Donohoe, till then....GO BILLS!!!!

31148[/snapback]

Amen!

Guys, this gloom and doom is getting a bit ridiculous.  We have a good team that just needs to learn how to finish off an opponent.  We'll get there. 

All this about how we stink, TKO should be traded, waiting for JP etc., is crazy.  This season hasn't even really begun yet.  For a little refresher, here's how some of last year's plaoff teams started...

31148[/snapback]

DITTO! 15-1 is not a bad record!

:D

31148[/snapback]

I think most fans are disappointed with the outcome Sunday and in turn vented, which I consider to be OK. Then there are the few who go off their rocker with threads like "TKO Should be traded". I'm sure I've gone off the deep end with threads a few times myself.

Take them with a grain of salt. Threads come in all colors, shapes & sizes. Nobody is going to agree or like every single thing posted here. It's a way of life on TSW and I don't see anything changing in the future.

The Bills will be ready to play come Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buffalo 27 Oakland 13

31148[/snapback]

Great post.....I feel better now!!!

And unless I'm mistaken....  even though it was player mistakes which lost the game...  I never heard MM talk about poor execution....  :D

31274[/snapback]

Amen!!

Like I said.. Mularkey put them in a place to win. If one more thing had gone our way, it would have been our game.

GW didn't do that.

Even though we lost, I really do feel better about MM.

31148[/snapback]

Well...to be fair I only saw one guy mention Trading TKO, and he got run out of the Building (or off the Wall in this case). :D

As to the rest of your Post, we'll see...

Those teams you mentioned starting out poorly last year certainly proves it can be done. The question is are the Bills as good as those Teams were, or are they more like the Team THEY were last year, a 6-10 Team who could not score? Based on Week #1, it's hard for me to give them the benifit of the doubt simply because, yes the Coaching is better and the philosopy is different (both big time improvements as far as I'm concerned), but they STILL only scored 10 points at Home...No matter the excuses, it's the same net problem. Not to mention they have the same PK who is at best 50/50 outside of 40 yards... Until they show me they can score, I'm not getting my hopes up, that's all...

Can it be done? Absolutely! And I certainly hope you are correct Sir...But this year, they're going to have to prove it...At least to me... I'm not about gloom and doom, I'm more about cautious pessimism...B)

Another AMEN from me!

I will really be upset if this happens again the next couple of games.

Why is it always our players' fault and not a good play for Jimmy Smith and the one who caught the TD pass? The Jags never gave up, I say, good job to them and to the Bills, PLAY THE WHOLE GAME!!!!! Don't think for a minute a game is un hand unless you are up by thirty with 10 seconds left. Then relax.