Brian Williams on Scarborough

Taro T

I haven't watched NBC news (except for Russert) in a long time, but after watching Williams on Scarborough, I can honestly say it will be a VERY long time before I do. (I was just flipping through the dial to get different takes on the speech.)

The whole 5 minutes he was on, he couldn't contain his desire to s**t on Bush. It was like watching a traffic accident.

Did anyone else see it, and if so, am I missing something? This is supposed to be the head of one of the major news departments in the country; shouldn't he at least try to PRETEND to be objective?

Dave.

A few weeks ago he remarked that the Founding Fathers were basically terrorists in a way....and then had to "clarify" his remarks the next day.

If you often say things you have to "clarify" later, you're probably a complete asshat and you probably meant exactly what you said the first time around.

there are two other guys...who i hate to even bring up his name because it brings attention to them...but they are such blatant Bush haters it is incredible.

Keith Olberman and his little side kick....i think his name is Dave Schuster(?).

These guys are the exact opposite of the BJ's Hannity gives to Bush.

Williams did the same schtick on Imus the other day. It wasnt so much how much he was bashing Bush. It was the fact that it was coming from a man who just took the wheel at a major news source for this country that made it so appalling. This guy is what? WEEKS into the NBC gig and he's flying his biased flag like he's rooting fr a baseball team? Wow. But no worries......Fox is biased.

And to keep things "fair and balanced", Id be just as shocked if a major anchor stepped up and started fellating Bush. And Hannity doesnt count...he's not an anchor or a reporter.

there are two other guys...who i hate to even bring up his name because it brings attention to them...but they are such blatant Bush haters it is incredible. 

Keith Olberman and his little side kick....i think his name is Dave Schuster(?).

These guys are the exact opposite of the BJ's Hannity gives to Bush.

443225[/snapback]

I'm actually surprised Keith Olberman hasn't done his show while wearing a tin foil hat.

I'm pretty sure he was the very last person in the world to accept that Bush won last November. He did a little breathless reporting about "voter irregularities" but then dropped it when it turned out he had no evidence whatsoever.

His ratings suck and he's a moron. I have no idea why he's still on TV.

Isn't possible that Williams would be doing the same thing if Bush was a Democrat?  Not all criticism is rooted in partisanship.

445504[/snapback]

He shouldn't be doing it regardless of party affiliation or elected status. He should be reading the news, not coloring or creating it.

He shouldn't be doing it regardless of party affiliation or elected status.  He should be reading the news, not coloring or creating it.

445676[/snapback]

I have said before, neutrality in American journalism is a realtively young thing.

Early on in our country, things were much different.

Why do they have to just read the news. Why pander to everybody out there and not mention opinions and commentary?

We have so many more media outlets today then we did 80 years during the dawn of radio... Same with the TV and channels 2, 4 and 7.

I have no problem with liberal TV news bias, faux snooze, and conservative talk radio bias.

What is the big deal? Let the gloves come off and return American journalism back to where it came from.

I have said before, neutrality in American journalism is a realtively young thing.

Early on in our country, things were much different.

Why do they have to just read the news.  Why pander to everybody out there and not mention opinions and commentary?

We have so many more media outlets today then we did 80 years during the dawn of radio... Same with the TV and channels 2, 4 and 7.

I have no problem with liberal TV news bias, faux snooze, and conservative talk radio bias.

What is the big deal?  Let the gloves come off and return American journalism back to where it came from.

445882[/snapback]

Youve GOT to be kidding.

I actually always thought Brian Williams was a republican, and always hated the smug bastard. <_< Although, once every decade or so, he can be funny.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200502070007

Edit: Apparently not. I just did a little google and he started as an intern in the Carter White House, which I never knew. Whenever I watched him, which wasn't all that often, I always though he leaned right.

I actually always thought Brian Williams was a republican, and always hated the smug bastard. <_< Although, once every decade or so, he can be funny.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200502070007

Edit: Apparently not. I just did a little google and he started as an intern in the Carter White House, which I never knew. Whenever I watched him, which wasn't all that often, I always though he leaned right.

449837[/snapback]

Everyone leans right to you, friggin' commie...

:lol: