Bledsoe NFC Offensive Player of the Week

duey

Where did I say I dont respect what he did?  I think he had a great game...I just dont drop to my knees like the rest of the national media are doing for Bledsoe, completely ignoring the fact that, much like our success against the Texans, its only one game.  And with the Cowboys, even their fans are commenting that the Chargers held off the blitz so Bledsoe had oodles of time to throw.

I'm simply pointing out that the Skins are a MUCH better Defense under GW, and are known for their complex blitz schemes.  Plus, if anyone knows the faults and shortcomings of Drew Bledsoe, its Gregg Williams.  He saw it all first-hand and will make Bledsoe's life very difficult come Sunday.  If Bledsoe does well next week, I'm be even more impressed with him...but that doesnt mean I want him back here.  He may fit Dallas' system but his time with us was a failed experiment.

440576[/snapback]

Cool. You know, Wade is an OK DC as well. :doh: In fact, I happen to think that he is at the very least as good as GW.

I am content with the decision to release Drew. I didn't agree with it, nor even the trade to get JP. That said, I am at least OK with it now. The kid worked hard, is smart, and played well.

What I will not do is blame all of the 04 Bills' woes on Drew. It isn't fair, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Dallas in the playoffs.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Drew on a game well played.  I hope he has many more like them. It seems like a lot of people in order to like losman feel the need to justify bashing Bledsoe. Let it go already.  He's no longer here. It's a good thing. Yes Bledsoe is still good enough to be a decent nfl stater in this league as evidenced by a good game on the road against an AFC PLAYOFF TEAM  from last season.  Losman did well in his 1st start as well.  Yes we know Drew has serious shortcomings in his game, and down the stretch may very well fade out, but the fact of the matter is if he's good or bad it doesn't effect the Buffalo Bills any longer. 

The Cowboys could make the playoffs and it would not have been the wrong decision to relase bledsoe as bledsoe was going to bring us nowhere. We don't know if Losman will, but the unknown is better then the known.  Best of Luck to Drew for the rest of the season and  Best of Luck to the beginning of hopefully a great career for JP Losman!

440498[/snapback]

Good post, Guess. Spoken like a man who I am pleased to respect.

Did you think that he would be the NFC Offensive Player Of The Week in week one? No? Well guess what.....There is a far better chance that he beats the Skins than what he accomplished in week one.

It amazes me that you haters cannot even dig up a molecule of respect for a former Bill who had a great game.

When Travis Henry is named AFC Offensive Player Of The Week, I will salute his accomplishment.

Btw, this will never happen.  :doh:  :D

440562[/snapback]

What did he have against the Jets in his first game for us? a 120 or so. His occasional great games mean nothing in the long run. I'll bet his rating against the 'skins will be about 72.5.

Yeah guy throws for a 145 rating and you can't believe it? 

You probably thought Peters should get AFC for his 1 yard TD though.

440472[/snapback]

Against a poor defence. Bledsoe, as most other qbs, will always excel in that situation. Bledsoe also lit up poor defences for us as well. I still know he is a poor qb because of his awful performances under pressure against good D's. If Bledsoe lovers want to make their point based on this single game fine. But there is a reason he was released, not traded, from the Bills. I, for one, was happy when he was cut loose and still am. Im pleased and encouraged with JP's progress. It's a slam dunk. The Bills came out the winner and the Cowboys will pay for thier poor judgement when Drew faces pressure D's.

Have patience, the collapse is only a few games away. :doh:

440591[/snapback]

Here's another interesting stat: SD did not have a 4 sack game in '04 ( and only 29 total ) but they got one the very first game of '05. If this is a predicter of things to come, Washington should sack DB 6 to 7 times. We shall see. And SD didn't blitz much? I wish we played Dallas this year. We'd have a chance for a 10 sack game.

Who in the national media is dropping to their knees for Bledsoe? Everything I've seen this week says he played good, but will eventually resort back to his old self. One guy even said "pull a Bledsoe."

This seems to be a pattern for Bledsoe. He gets let go, which lights a fire under his butt and he goes and plays well. Then when the feeling passes he resorts back to his old ways. I wish him success, but he wasn't the right guy for Buffalo. I'm not gonna blast him for playing well and getting a award he deserved this week. Nor do I feel he needs to suck it up in Dallas to prove the Bills braintrust was right.

440585[/snapback]

Keg, I could not have not said it better myself. There is no need to be a hater now that DB is not part of our team. We obviously needed to move in another direction and we did.

:doh: Drew is a talented, knowledgeable QB who (unlike all of us, of course) also has some now well-known limitations that have been dicussed ad nauseum. He will never consitently light em up unless he has a very good, AND well-coached offensive line, a combination that he never had here and, given TD's draft priorities, he might never have had in Buffalo. So, he was a bad fit here. He may be a better fit at Dallas, but his time is running out if he is to ever be a winner. Give him credit for last week and 40,000 yards - neither is the work of a journeyman QB. Wish him well (unless they play the Bills) and let's move on!! The last I checked, we have a new QB.

Congrats to Drew on a game well played.  I hope he has many more like them. It seems like a lot of people in order to like losman feel the need to justify bashing Bledsoe. Let it go already.  He's no longer here. It's a good thing. Yes Bledsoe is still good enough to be a decent nfl stater in this league as evidenced by a good game on the road against an AFC PLAYOFF TEAM  from last season.  Losman did well in his 1st start as well.  Yes we know Drew has serious shortcomings in his game, and down the stretch may very well fade out, but the fact of the matter is if he's good or bad it doesn't effect the Buffalo Bills any longer. 

The Cowboys could make the playoffs and it would not have been the wrong decision to relase bledsoe as bledsoe was going to bring us nowhere. We don't know if Losman will, but the unknown is better then the known.  Best of Luck to Drew for the rest of the season and  Best of Luck to the beginning of hopefully a great career for JP Losman!

440498[/snapback]

Nice post. It's nice to see that there are at least a few of us who wish Drew well.

It is an amazing difference to see how Bledsoe can play with adequate protection. Parcells coaches players to do what they can do well not what they can't. Many of us have seen that Bledsoe needs consistent protection to perform well. Once the panic chip goes off, the system fails. Bledsoe can still drop the pill in a bucket from 60 yards away. He had a pocket most of the game. Expect Dallas to be very improved this year. Parcells may be the best coach that we will see for a while.

Maybe his offensive line and running back are better. Good for Drew and Dallas, but i'm excited about our new younger qb and his upside.

442645[/snapback]

Last Sunday was a great launch for Losman. A lack of complacency by the team will help JP's confidence. A reliable running game would be sweet. And victories will certainly help...