Power Rankings

ch19079

OK I'll ask:

How do you not give Tomlinson the ball 1 time with a timeout left w/ 4 cracks from the 7 yd line?

439123[/snapback]

Thats exactly what I was thinking when the plays were going down.

Not one reporter questioned the play calling that I can remember. Nobody on Primetime said a thing. They just talked about Gates missing. LT is your stud. They should have went to him. He would have got in with 4 downs to do it.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, definitely nothing to do with the fact that the Cowboys were on the road against a defending division champion.  Our win over  that loaded Houston squad was far more impressive.  :devil:

It's all about disrespecting Buffalo.

439045[/snapback]

AD, you remain one of the few "voices of reason" left on TSW! :devil:

I am going to block out of my mind the comment in there about the Drew era. So, as far as I'm concerned, the Bills are ranked #8 on that list.

439038[/snapback]

Sorry but our line deserves alot more blame than people here are willing to give. :devil:

Dallas knows how to pickup the blitz and block 1 on 1 exceptionally well.

i learned a hard lesson from watching the bills the past two seasons -- i will make no judgments about their overall "playoff-worthiness" until the bye week (after eight games have been played).

lest everyone already forgot:

2003 -- 2-0, blowouts of NE and JAX. chants of "we're going to the super bowl!" heard throughout WNY and cyberspace.

2004 -- 0-4. "ralph needs to fire TD now!"

now, with that being said, there are several things to be happy about from this past weekend:

-- an AFC win, coupled with losses by the jets, broncos, chargers, and raiders

-- a dominating defensive performance

-- a "how did he get over 100 yards?" ho-hum day by mcgahee

-- a coaching staff unafraid to let losman throw the ball

-- a universal tone in post-game comments that "this isn't good enough"

and last, but certainly not least, the fact that i got to tailgate with former US olympian and NBC sports host summer sanders (and have the photos to prove it).

all in all, a pretty good weekend. :devil:

Sorry but our line deserves alot more blame than people here are willing to give.    :devil:

439160[/snapback]

Huh? :devil:

WM averages 5.3 yards per carry and the O-line deserves "blame?" Three red-zone penalties (albeit by the O-line) caused the lack of TD's, but I've seen a lot of over-reaction to the the lack of success against an 8-man front in the first quarter.

We weren't going to run on HOU with that stacked front until JP backed them off--which he did.

I'll accept #9.

But cowboys at #8, give me a break.  Next week Bedsore will throw 3 picks and it will all be over.  The cowboys being rated above the bills is just another  slap at Buffalo.

439043[/snapback]

Come on guys...They won a big game on the road against a team that went

12-4 the previous year......Their O, D and STs all clicked....Right now they

are correctly ranked at #8.

Thats exactly what I was thinking when the plays were going down.

Not one reporter questioned the play calling that I can remember. Nobody on Primetime said a thing. They just talked about Gates missing. LT is your stud. They should have went to him. He would have got in with 4 downs to do it.

439158[/snapback]

The game announcers brought it up. On 3rd and goal, they said why not run it since you have a timeout. That way, if LT picks up 4-5 yards, then have 4th and goal from the 2 or 3, and you can call a run of pass in that situation. Very questionable play calling at the end of the game.

Come on guys...They  won a big game on the road against a team that went

12-4 the previous year......Their O, D and STs all clicked....Right now they

are correctly ranked at #8.

439174[/snapback]

Yeah, well...don't forget..umm..Bledsoe had nothing to do with it...

yeah...nothing...he sucks!!

remember the mantra..

Bledsoe is responsible for the losses, and the TEAM is responsible for the wins.

Yeah, that's it!

He sucks! He got lucky with the 3 TD passes and the 143 QB rating.

He'll show you how he sucks real soon, yeah real soon!!

He sucks.

remember the mantra..

Bledsoe is responsible for the losses, and the TEAM is responsible for the wins.

Yeah, that's it!

He sucks!  He got lucky with the 3 TD passes and the 143 QB rating.

He sucks.

439284[/snapback]

He may give them 8 great games or so.

I'd look for his decline soon after.

Once the Eagles get a hold of him, he's toast.

He may give them 8 great games or so.

I'd look for his decline soon after.

Once the Eagles get a hold of him, he's toast.

439306[/snapback]

He is probably going to have a tougher time earlier than that...much sooner

like this week...when he will be facing the blitz happy Redskin defense.

Say what you will about Gregg Williams, but we all know for a FACT he knows first-hand about Bledsoe's faults. And I think it'll be fun for him to finally exploit that this week instead of trying to make up for it. The Redskins offense may blow badly, but Williams does have that Defense looking good.

Much like how I think JP and OUR offense will struggle badly against a real defense (the Bucs), I think the Cowboys will flop against the Skins Defense this week.

Say what you will about Gregg Williams, but we all know for a FACT he knows first-hand about Bledsoe's faults.  And I think it'll be fun for him to finally exploit that this week instead of trying to make up for it.  The Redskins offense may blow badly, but Williams does have that Defense looking good.

Much like how I think JP and OUR offense will struggle badly against a real defense (the Bucs), I think the Cowboys will flop against the Skins Defense this week.

439405[/snapback]

IIRC #3 overall and #1 in the NFC last year.

remember the mantra..

Yeah, that's it!

He sucks!  He got lucky with the 3 TD passes and the 143 QB rating.

He sucks.

439284[/snapback]

Help me out here...

Are you a Bills "shameless homer", a DB "shameless homer" or a Cowboys "shameless homer"? If it's either of the latter two options, here is the answer to all your mixed feelings...

http://www.dallascoboys.com :devil:

Help me out here...

Are you a Bills "shameless homer", a DB "shameless homer" or a Cowboys "shameless homer"?

439414[/snapback]

i've been trying to figure this out as well. i think "shameless homer" believes he has been placed on TSW for a higher purpose -- that being the often sarcastic enlightenment and education of bills' fans who may on occasion react <gasp> overzealously to their team and its' current and former players.

give "shameless homer" a break -- he's just one salmon swimming upstream, championing his cause to stop fans from acting like, well, fans.

we salute you, buffalo-bills-fan-message-board-educator.

:devil: