Power Rankings

ch19079

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills: 9: The Bills need to score in the red zone, but that said, the folks in Buffalo have to be pretty happy about the balance the offense displayed in Week 1's win.

Jets: 18: Wow. We're not surprised the Jets lost to the Chiefs (KC is a tough place to open). But to lose the way they did? Couldn't have been a very happy flight back to New York.

Fins: 23: Nick Saban said after the Dolphins' opener that the win wasn't about him. Uh, we're not so sure about that Nick.

Broncos: 21: A 34-10 Week 1 loss to the Dolphins couldn't have been part of Mike Shanahan's master plan for the 2005 season.

Texans: 29: When your No. 1 WR catches three passes for 18 yards, your No. 1 RB rushes for 48 yards and your QB only throws for 70 yards, it's going to be a very long day.

Browns: 32: If Trent Dilfer is throwing the ball 43 times in a game, that's usually not a good thing. (thats my favorite )

Yeah, definitely nothing to do with the fact that the Cowboys were on the road against a defending division champion.  Our win over  that loaded Houston squad was far more impressive.  :devil:

It's all about disrespecting Buffalo.

439045[/snapback]

Okay, you may have a point there..............

Yeah, definitely nothing to do with the fact that the Cowboys were on the road against a defending division champion.  Our win over  that loaded Houston squad was far more impressive.  :devil:

It's all about disrespecting Buffalo.

439045[/snapback]

Yes, but .. we also were very excited at the start of the Drew Bledsoe era. I am sure we are all thinking the same as NE fans were when we got him from the Pats, "Just see what happens after he has played 8 games .."

Yes, but .. we also were very excited at the start of the Drew Bledsoe era. I am sure we are all thinking the same as NE fans were when we got him from the Pats, "Just see what happens after he has played 8 games .."

439053[/snapback]

Oh, I saw enough of the game to know Drew hasn't changed much and will eventually implode. That has little to do with the power rankings. Dallas' win in SD is much more impressive than our win over Houston.

Cincinnati Enquirer football beat reporter Mark Curnutte on Sunday morning 9/11/05 had the Bills at #8. Curnutte is a good reporter - "Just the facts, Ma'am" - type.

I'd think the Bills might move up a notch, and Minnie, Denver SD dropping a bit.

"NFL Power rankings

Team Last year * Record Comment

1. Patriots 2 #1-0 Winners of 35 of 39 games

2. Colts 4 12-4 DT Simon adds muscle to run defense

3. Eagles 3 13-3 Talking is overrated, just ask T.O. and Donovan

4. Broncos 9 10-6 Shanahan 10-2 in Denver openers

5. Steelers 1 15-1 Pass offense must do more to help run game

6. Falcons 6 11-5 Might challenge Philly if Vick masters West Coast offense

7. Panthers 18 7-9 NFL's toughest team mentally

8. Bills 12 9-7 Special teams, defense among top units in league

9. Vikings 15 8-8 Defensive upgrades lift entire team

10. Chargers 5 12-4 Can Brees keep Rivers on bench again?

11. Ravens 11 9-7 QB Boller must make use of new receivers

12. Jets 8 10-6 Have drafted well on defense

13. Seahawks 10 9-7 Best team in underwhelming NFC West

14. Jaguars 13 9-7 Might be league's surprise team

15. Packers 7 10-6 Threat with No. 4 at QB, despite defense

16. Bengals 16 8-8 Run defense just has to get better

17. Chiefs 19 7-9 Will go as far as retooled defense will take them

18. Cowboys 21 6-10 Defense has new look in Big D

19. Giants 24 6-10 Need Manning, Strahan to stay healthy

20. Rams 14 8-8 Revitalized defense must reverse slide

21. Texans 20 7-9 O-line must protect quarterback Carr

22. Lions 22 6-10 Great individual talent must jell as team

23. Saints 17 8-8 Emotional favorite after Hurricane Katrina

24. Cardinals 25 6-10 Will start seven draft picks from '04 and '05

25. Raiders 29 #0-1 Looked much better in opener vs. Pats

26. Redskins 23 6-10 Yes, the offense is that bad

27. Buccaneers 26 5-11 Young players need time to develop

28. Titans 28 5-11 Results of $27 million payroll reduction will show

29. Bears 27 5-11 No choice but to start rookie QB Orton

30. Dolphins 30 4-12 QB instability is major problem

31. Browns 31 4-12 Penalties hurt them in preseason

32. 49ers 32 2-14 Long rebuilding process begins for Nolan

* - Where team was ranked at the end of last regular season

# - Game Thursday night."

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...0354/1067/SPT02

here's a novel idea: maybe San Diego isn't as good as their record last year?

439084[/snapback]

IIRC, they were 1 and 4 against teams that ended up in the play-offs last year, and got knocked off in p-o game 1.

Still, a nice turnaround.

I, like many, are wondering what they are going to do with qb P. Rivers....

IIRC, they were 1 and 4 against teams that ended up in the play-offs last year, and got knocked off in p-o game 1.

Still, a nice turnaround.

I, like many, are wondering what they are going to do with qb P. Rivers....

439094[/snapback]

if they loose 3 in a row. he gets to play, and take brees's job.

if they win several games, they trade Rivers. (probubly to the fins).

Now you may or may not know I was happy - but unconvinced by our win on Sunday... I simply think in order to be a top 10 team you have to punch it in when you get in the red zone... granted there were penalties - but that's my point. I'm trying to be "cautiously optomistic."

So, I guess I should be "happy" we're #9... I am. I would say we have at least one of the top 3 defenses... but, these rankings are only really based on one game and guesses on paper... So, alot of those numbers are paper tigers if you ask me... the rankings by week 4 are much better judgements about teams... Once you've played 3-4 games you have a much better feel for how good a team really is.

Tampa will be a tough but winnable game on the road (I think we win it).

Atlanta will be a tougher game than Houston, but winnable (I think we win - as long as we keep Vick under control).

New Orleans in San Antonio is one of those possible let down games - if we're 3-0 going there... if we're 2-1 heading there I think we have more focus...

So, I figure by week 4 we are at least 3-1... and we will still be in the top 10 of power rankings.