The "white, high motor guys" are good!

Webster Guy

Just reminiscing to a few previous drafts where many (myself included) sarcastically said, "Let me guess, another white, high motor DE".

Well, kudos to Schobel and the improved Kelsay for inspiring confidence in our pass rush. Good job, men.

Side note: Who isn't psyched to see Roscoe Parrish in this offense? Hopefully soon.

Side note: Who isn't psyched to see Roscoe Parrish in this offense? Hopefully soon.

438110[/snapback]

I must say, that I can not wait to see how parrish and Everett rev up the offense. It should be real exciting.

Didn't Les Nessman say that??

438115[/snapback]

No, Les Nessman said:

Les: No parachutes yet. Can't be skydivers... I can't tell just yet what they are, but - Oh my God, Johnny, they're turkeys!! Johnny, can you get this? Oh, they're plunging to the earth right in front of our eyes! One just went through the windshield of a parked car! Oh, the humanity! The turkeys are hitting the ground like sacks of wet cement! Not since the Hindenberg tragedy has there been anything like this!

I must say, that I can not wait to see how parrish and Everett rev up the offense.  It should be real exciting.

438117[/snapback]

Is Everett gonna return this year? How soon until him and Parrish return? They both will really add a new dimension to our offense!

Just reminiscing to a few previous drafts where many (myself included) sarcastically said, "Let me guess, another white, high motor DE".

Well, kudos to Schobel and the improved Kelsay for inspiring confidence in our pass rush. Good job, men.

Side note: Who isn't psyched to see Roscoe Parrish in this offense?  Hopefully soon.

438110[/snapback]

Good point, and worth making. Of all the TD conspiracies, the "he only signs white guys even though they can't play" was one of the more mystifying.... turns out a high motor ain't such a bad thing after all....

Go Bills!

P.S. I would take Bailey over Jennifer.... any day of the week.

Of all the TD conspiracies, the "he only signs white guys even though they can't play" was one of the more mystifying....

438288[/snapback]

That wasn't TD, that was John Butler.

Fina, Ostroski, Holecek et al in Buffalo, Stephen Alexander and Tim Dwight in S.D.

That wasn't TD, that was John Butler.

Fina, Ostroski, Holecek et al in Buffalo, Stephen Alexander and Tim Dwight in S.D.

438317[/snapback]

Touché! But... de moribus nihil nisi bonum... 0:)

Seriously, though, am I the only one who remembers the posts on this board hinting that TD (or, as some wanted to call him, Ol' Whitey) was racist for drafting white defensive linemen?

Seriously, though, am I the only one who remembers the posts on this board hinting that TD (or, as some wanted to call him, Ol' Whitey) was racist for drafting white defensive linemen?

438320[/snapback]

Lest everyone forget, TD drafted all of his defensive linemen in round 2 or later. Perhaps the rest of the league discriminates against white, high-motor linemen which is why they were still on the board after round 1?

The only (half)white player TD has drafted in the first round was Losman, no?

No, Les Nessman said:

Les: No parachutes yet. Can't be skydivers... I can't tell just yet what they are, but - Oh my God, Johnny, they're turkeys!! Johnny, can you get this? Oh, they're plunging to the earth right in front of our eyes! One just went through the windshield of a parked car! Oh, the humanity! The turkeys are hitting the ground like sacks of wet cement! Not since the Hindenberg tragedy has there been anything like this!

438121[/snapback]

I just can't help it, I crack up every time I think about that episode.

Whatever happened to the 'other' female cast member? I think her name was Baley or something like that.

Whatever happened to the 'other' female cast member?  I think her name was Baley or something like that.

439133[/snapback]

Jan Smithers. She was useful in a librarian-babe kind of way, but then I think she went full-on loony enviro-wacko and disappeared soon after.

Jan Smithers. She was useful in a librarian-babe kind of way, but then I think she went full-on loony enviro-wacko and disappeared soon after.

439212[/snapback]

FWIW, as a teen she adormed the cover of "Cycle" magazine sitting on the back of a Triumph Trident motorcycle (I think) with a "come-hither" look. :devil:

FWIW, as a teen she adormed the cover of "Cycle" magazine sitting on the back of a Triumph Trident motorcycle (I think) with a "come-hither" look. :devil:

439222[/snapback]

I guess I am too subtle for my own good.... see the P.S. to my first post in this thread...

I will now return to the land of the invisible and ignored. :devil:

I found this site on Jan Smithers, someone is following her way too closely, even plays the song "Tiny Dancer"

http://www.clothmonkey.com/smithers.htm

439317[/snapback]

Eeeewwwww..... I mean, I'm a fan too, but.... There is a boundary between "charming commitment to the crushes of one's youth" and "uh, buddy, ever heard of a restraining order?" This site appears to be built right on the border....

Still, the pics are nice. :devil:

Side note: Who isn't psyched to see Roscoe Parrish in this offense?  Hopefully soon.

438110[/snapback]

Speaking as a Euro-American, I find the title of your post to be racist.