Question about Carr's TD

Someone said that he was OOB before he crossed the goalline, and since it was 4th down, they would have turned it over on downs.  Is that correct?

436940[/snapback]

Yes...I believe we could not challenge because we had just used our last timeout of the half....

Thanks and good to know.  I don't care about the (lack of) TO's and not being able to challenge so much, just wanted to know if the refs blew the call, as usual.

436977[/snapback]

Bills got some sweetheart calls today as well. Offsides after a delay of game not called, roughing on JP towards the sideline was pretty weak as well. However, overall, thought the ofiiciating was horrible for both sides. BTW, thought the ball may have crossed the plane before his foot hit out, do not think it would have been reversed on review, too close

roughing on  JP towards the sideline was pretty weak as well.

436989[/snapback]

Whether you think it was weak or not they're always going to call hands to the face, especially when it's done to the QB. He wasn't "roughed", per se, but the call was right under the rules.

I'm pretty sure his foot hit the ground before the ball touched the pylon. BUT, he hit the pylon in the middle, from the side, meaning the ball crossed the plane at some point before hitting the pylon. From all of the angles shown on TV, it was impossible to tell, but it was obviously very close. Given the down, I'm very surprised there was no attempt to review the play (by the officials).

I think it's likely he juuuust got in.

I'm pretty sure his foot hit the ground before the ball touched the pylon.  BUT, he hit the pylon in the middle, from the side, meaning the ball crossed the plane at some point before hitting the pylon.  From all of the angles shown on TV, it was impossible to tell, but it was obviously very close.  Given the down, I'm very surprised there was no attempt to review the play (by the officials). 

I think it's likely he juuuust got in.

437047[/snapback]

Right. He wasn't "OOB" until his foot touched the ground. A TD is scored when the ball breaks the plane of the goal line. It was a TD. :angry:

Bills got some sweetheart calls today as well. Offsides after a delay of game not called, roughing on  JP towards the sideline was pretty weak as well. However, overall, thought the ofiiciating was horrible for both sides. BTW, thought the ball may have crossed the plane before his foot hit out, do not think it would have been reversed on review, too close

436989[/snapback]

Both teams were called for a Bush League Roughing the Passer. Houston got away with a Delay of Game as well. The Carr TD looked like the right call.

Relatively speaking, when a few bad calls go both ways that's an above average game for NFL refs IMO.