Bledsoe Fumbles Snap!

Gotta Dream

Why Wade didn't blitz on every 3rd down is beyond me. Has he watched any film from the last 3 years? They only rushed 3 guys on a couple of those TD's. I wouldn't expect GW to be that conservative next week.

Still, that's not Drew's fault and he did what he had to do and played a nice game. No chance he keeps that up for 16 games, but nice game.

I admit I was rooting against him mainly because the Cowboys took up too much air-time in the national media when they were 5-11 for three straight years. I can't imagine how much time ESPN will spend talking about them if they get off to a good start this year, even though they have no chance of displacing Philly in that division.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drew still is still taking sacks for 8.5 yards per sack...

437392[/snapback]

And thats the major difference. Now we have a qb that both moves and thinks quicker. Drew, like most other qbs, is going to put up numbers given the time. The difference is, how he reacts to pressure when the competition and defences get stiffer. Losmans numbers yesterday were not Marino like by any means but he did not make mistakes that put our defence in difficult situations. He didnt let himself get sacked at important times. I think next week is going to be a huge test for him. If he can continue to look good against a superior D squad in TB than I will be a believer and very happy!!!

Name Comp Att Pct Yds Yds/Att TD INT Sacked SackYds RTG RUSH YDS AVG YFS

Bledsoe 18 24 75.0 226 9.42 3 0 4 34 143.4 4 7 1.8 199

Losman  17 28 60.7 170 6.07 1 0 1 6 89.9 6 31 5.2 195

Since there were so many Bledsoe vs. Brady comparisons the first year Drew was a Bill, I thought I'd post Bledsoe's and Losman's stats for game 1.  Not unlike Drew's first game as a Bill, Drew's numbers were very similar to the guy who took over for him on his old team.  I'd say both had good games, although, Drew still is still taking sacks for 8.5 yards per sack...

437392[/snapback]

Since Drew is no longer a member of the Bills organization I really dont care how he does except play well to beat folks in our division

Name Comp Att Pct Yds Yds/Att TD INT Sacked SackYds RTG RUSH YDS AVG YFS

Bledsoe 18 24 75.0 226 9.42 3 0 4 34 143.4 4 7 1.8 199

Losman  17 28 60.7 170 6.07 1 0 1 6 89.9 6 31 5.2 195

If we're gonna look at only part of the stats....

But, as I said before, what happened, has happened, move on. Can we lock this thread down now?

I liked Drew and thought Gilbride's offense did not take advantage of Drew's abilities. 

437413[/snapback]

I thought Gilbride's offense relied too HEAVILY on Drew's abilities.

I would agree that Mularkey's offensive creativity and Drew's traditional QB talents don't mix well.

And that, as Mr. Gump would say, is all I have to say about that.

Since Drew is no longer a member of the Bills organization I really dont care how he does except play well to beat folks in our division

437403[/snapback]

AMEN Brother. PLEASE FELLOW TBD POSTERS - WE NEED TO LET DREW GO!

437404[/snapback]

Well, I for one think it will take a bit of restrain on the part of some very partisan fans to keep from calling each other out on posts like this.

"My Jimmy Jammy!"

"Your Jimmy Jammy? Hmmph! Suck Toes! You said 'your Jimmy Jammy would be All-World!'"

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

"PHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTTTTTT to YOU scumbag!"

"OH YEAH?"

"YEAH!"

etc., etc., etc.

Very intelligent discourse of course.

The Bills is a bigger organization than any one player.

Sooner or later they all hang up their cleats and go on to spend the fabulous money they earned playing a figgin game.

Perhaps this year's dialogue can focus on the exploits and thrills provided by the current roster at OBD.

That would be refreshing.

It's a football board and a Bills' board and I see no problem with folks posting about a former Bill and about a former Bill whose team plays our AFC wildcard opponents posting about that player.

I think the prim kudos for yesterday's very good Bledsoe performance go to Bill Parcells. He once again showed what he can do to squeeze performance out of a player with obvious great benefits and great shortcomings through sheer force of will and personality.

MM/TC did a very good job getting the best you can out of Bledsoe using an alarm clock to undercut his tendencies to hang onto the ball too long. I think the most impressive thing I saw from Bledsoe yesterday was that he not only got rid of the ball quicker (a piece MM pulled off with Bledsoe that led to vast improvement in the '04 Bledsoe vs. the '03 Bledsoe was that he got him to release quicker) but Parcells also got improvement from Bledsoe in that he seemed to use this time to make multiple reads (he checked-off after a couple of looks to WRs and even through a TD pass to the TE).

It appears that Parcells was not only yelling throw the damn ball at Bledsoe during practice but also yelling check multiple damn receivers at Bledsoe.

I thin kit is a totally relevant post regarding the Bills and MM learning as an HC to point out anything posters notice that Parcells might be doing to get improved perfoemance out of Bledsoe that MM didn't do.

I think going with JP rather than Bledsoe was the correct move for the Bills after last year, but I think that MM and Bills fans will learn a lot more about our HC if Bledsoe does well this year rather than those who hope he fails.

We'll see, but I for one hope Bledsoe has enough left for Parcells to use him well and that MM becomes a better HC by analyzing what Parcells does with Bledsoe which works that MM/TC did not do last year.

FIRST... I love JP, I would have done exactly what TD did with the Bledsoe/JP situation. I am more comfortable with our quarterback now than I was with Bledsoe last year...

but...

I do like Drew Bledsoe. I want to see him do well in Dallas. And I offer my congratulations for a great game from Bledsoe yesterday. Good job Drew... beating a team that we could be competing with in late December for a Wild Card Spot. Thanks again!

Good job Drew... beating a team that we could be competing with in late December for a Wild Card Spot.  Thanks again!

437645[/snapback]

That is EXACTLY why I was happy with his performance (and that of the Cowboys) yesterday. I only care about other NFL games insofar as they affect Buffalo's playoff chances. To root for Drew to play badly and the Cowboys to lose yesterday isn't looking at the big picture, which is that we need our AFC rivals to lose games -- especially games they're supposed to win.

It's a football board and a Bills' board and I see no problem with folks posting about a former Bill and about a former Bill whose team plays our AFC wildcard opponents posting about that player.

437514[/snapback]

Especially when that former Bill is with the Cowboys. The bashing should continue unitl the inevitable Sunday when The Statue crashes and burns in Dallas. It's our duty.

I'll join in...congrats, Drew. But am I glad you're a Cowbay and not a Bills anymore.

Further, thanks for beating the Chargers. I enjoy any time an NFC teams beats an AFC team expected to be in the playoff hunt, unless, of course, it is the Bills

I'll join in...congrats, Drew. But am I glad you're a Cowbay and not a Bills anymore.

Further, thanks for beating the Chargers. I enjoy any time an NFC teams beats an AFC team expected to be in the playoff hunt, unless, of course, it is the Bills

437711[/snapback]

What's a Cowbay? Is that what the stalls are called when they milk them?

I can't wait to see Greggo get a hold of Drew next week on Monday night.....I really don't see Drew having a repeat performance of the SD game. :doh: