this message board's new whipping boy

"• The Bills' new coaches have done a decent job of simplifying Drew Bledsoe's job and restoring his confidence. Bledsoe had his old swagger back in the opener. But if they expect to beat good teams on the road with that dink-and-dunk stuff, they're kidding themselves. " - Jerry Sullivan, Buffalo News

This almost sounds like a complement. Of course he has to follow it up with one of the dumbest comments ever. If he doesn't think that the dink and dunk stuff will beat good teams maybe he should take a look at who won 2 of the past 3 Superbowls.

This almost sounds like a complement. Of course he has to follow it up with one of the dumbest comments ever. If he doesn't think that the dink and dunk stuff will beat good teams maybe he should take a look at who won 2 of the past 3 Superbowls.

30545[/snapback]

True enough, but the Patsies go deep every 10-15 plays though, and we didn't throw any long balls Sunday. As it's been said around here, once in a while you just gotta chuck it to keep a defense honest.

True enough, but the Patsies go deep every 10-15 plays though, and we didn't throw any long balls Sunday. As it's been said around here, once in a while you just gotta chuck it to keep a defense honest.

30552[/snapback]

Yes, and also unlike the Patriots, our offensive unit is prone to costly penalties and turnovers throughout the course of a long "dink and dunk" drive.

Lindell's a bum and we've all been saying it for a long time. We NEED another kicker. He's going to cost us a lot of games this year. How can a professional kicker be under 50% between 40-49 yards? That's pathetic.  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Lindell.

30540[/snapback]

How about :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: to TD and MM? Lindell didn't suddenly begin sucking in the last 3 days. He's been a crappy kicker for YEARS. WTF is he doing on the roster? Why wasn't this addressed MONTHS ago??? Hell, if the Bills offered me a million dollars to miss FGs, I'd take it too.

This clusterfug is entirely management's fault.

Lindell's a bum and we've all been saying it for a long time. We NEED another kicker. He's going to cost us a lot of games this year. How can a professional kicker be under 50% between 40-49 yards? That's pathetic.  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Lindell.

30540[/snapback]

No doubt about it! Plus he got a pretty good Deal for a Kicker... ;)

100 bucks says that Jerry gets his info off here and then writes what appears to be his own insight.

This is the EXACT same stuff we were talking about for the last two days.

30679[/snapback]

You know, I wouldn't doubt it. I bet he is that guy "unregistered."

Look in Australia.  Ever see those guys play "Aussie Rules Football"  Sensational kickers. And they kick while running - no tees.

30688[/snapback]

Look no further than Darren Bennett...though he's a punter. I remember a while ago it was in vogue to bring in soccer players...why and when did that stop?

Just don't ask the Aussies to be the holder: http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/09/...l?oneclick=true

;)

Actualy he seems to have replaced Bledsoe as the whipping boy and this seems wholely appropriate to me for those looking for someway to improve the Bills right here, right now.

Perhaps the dumbest TD comment of all time was him saying something along the lines of good enough kickers being a dime a dozen in the NFL when he and the Bills brainstrust cut Christie. It is truly ironic that on the same day a substandard performance from Lindell was pivotal in us losing a game we should have won that couldn't have been any closer. it was none other than Christie hitting a 53 yarder for his new employers NYG.

Since we cut Christie (even if he was not worth the dollars in his old contract he is certainly worth the relative peanuts he commands since he was cut) we have gone with and not found what we were looking for from Ariens, from Graham, from Hollis and now from Lindell. Since we are now converting to a grind it out hold 'em close and then best 'em offense by design, the lack of a quality kicker is making TDs view of this situation stupider and stupider.

I would admit that this dumbness is only surpassed by posters who are still caught up in some desire to want to blame Bledsoe as deserving the main blame for Sunday's loss. However, TD approach to the placekicking game simplay sucks.