Will someone explain to me why

Albany,n.y.

and not the Buffalo Bills?

The Ravens as Super Bowl contenders folks are saying the Ravens have a superb defense & a top running back and that Kyle Boller (who is a proven inconsistent QB & a probable bust) just has to play caretaker for them to succeed. 1st off, Boller has never shown he can even be a caretaker-he's very mistake prone & is about 2 bad games away from being replaced by Anthony Wright (who was injured last year, otherwise he might have replaced Boller last season). If the Ravens can win it all with either Boller or Wright, how can these same people be so Ravenhappy that they cannot conclude the same thing for the Bills.

The last time I looked, the Ravens won the same # of games last year that the Bills won. The assumption that JP will make many more mistakes than Bledsoe, yet Boller can get Baltimore from 9-7 to the Super Bowl are beyond maddening. I don't know what FF Francessa said about the Ravens, but he had the audacity to say Losman will blow 5-6 games. Now that doesn't mean the Bills will win 10 or 11 games, he meant the Bills will lose around 10 games and at least half those losses will be directly related to JP's inexperience.

These so called experts are so damn inconsistent & know absolutely nothing.

1. Jamal Lewis has a chip on his shoulder & something to prove.

2. Jim Fassel as OC

3. Rolle & Mason from the Titans were nice pick-ups... though Hartwell will be missed.

4. 46 defense will free up Ray Lewis to make even more plays.

5. No more Bennie Anderson to kick around.

Our offense is definitely better, probably at every skill position, depending on exactly what kind of shape Jamal Lewis will be in this year. They just have a defense that could spook Mike Singletary on the right day. REmember, they won the Super Bowl in a year where they went five games without scoring a touchdown. Until the Bills show THAT kind of dominance, we won't get picked over the Ravens on D alone.

Our offense is definitely better, probably at every skill position, depending on exactly what kind of shape Jamal Lewis will be in this year.  They just have a defense that could spook Mike Singletary on the right day.  REmember, they won the Super Bowl in a year where they went five games without scoring a touchdown.  Until the Bills show THAT kind of dominance, we won't get picked over the Ravens on D alone.

435398[/snapback]

I bet jamal lewis will dread being tackled from behind this season. Bad memories.

2. Jim Fassel as OC

3. Rolle & Mason from the Titans were nice pick-ups... though Hartwell will be missed.

1. McGahee is an awesome running back

2. Sam Wyche as QB coach! (plus we got Jason Peters :lol: )

3. ... well no nice pickups, maybe Holcomb.. so raven win #3 (Fat Pat will be missed)

4. Spikes and Fletch make lots of plays, and so Do Moulds, Evans, Adams, Milloy, Clements, Schobel

5. No more Drew Bledsoe to kick around.

The Ravens remind me of the '85 Bears. They won 1 SB with an incredible defensive effort and were picked by many to win for the next 10 years but never could. Eventually, the press finally changed their meds and realized they were't going to win just because Mike Singletary could make bugeyes at the QB through his facemask.

Now it's being repeated due to the Ray Lewis/Ed Reed factor. Too bad the rest of the team shows multiple holes. Fools gold all over again.

It will be interesting to see the outcome of the COLTS-RAVENS matchup this week (Sunday night game). If the RAVENS can throttle the COLTS offense, and score enough points on their own (against a "suspect" COLTS defense), they will make believers out of me.

The Ravens remind me of the '85 Bears. They won 1 SB with an incredible defensive effort and were picked by many to win for the next 10 years but never could. Eventually, the press finally changed their meds and realized they were't going to win just because Mike Singletary could make bugeyes at the QB through his facemask.

Now it's being repeated due to the Ray Lewis/Ed Reed factor. Too bad the rest of the team shows multiple holes. Fools gold all over again.

435418[/snapback]

I think that is 100% dead-on accurate from start to finish. Well said.

On paper, they are a superbowl contender. The problem is that in the off-season they have been given the benefit of the doubt that their quarterbacking will improve with experience. Having watch the preseason, that does not appear to be happening.

I bet that if the analysts were polled today, Baltimore's stock would be a lot lower.

+ Coach Fassel has worked miracles for QB's...Boller needs a miracle.

+ They have the games best DB, Safety and LB starting on their Defense.

+ They finally have a legit WR to go with their all-world convict....er RB and TE

+ They have one of the best OT's in the game

+ Billick is a very good coach

+ Dion is bringing God on their side,,,

At this time, it's all a crap shoot...

2. Jim Fassel as OC

435392[/snapback]

Too me the biggest factor is that Kyle Boller simply sucks!

Honestly, is there a worse QB in football right now! How in hell was this guy the #8 overall pick?

Billick is suppose to be an offensive genius yet his offensives alway suck! How can one be a genius and never have done anything?

First of all our defense is NOT that good despite rating. Pittsburgh's backups tore thru Buffalo's defense at HOME during a game which meant everything to Bills and little to Steelers other than fact some of the coaches on both sides coached for other team.

Baltimore's in a weaker conference and has a much better chance of getting home field advantage than Bills. Home field advantage is sooo important in getting to Superbowl; even if you do not get it throghout playoffs you NEED to win your conference. And they have a coach which did coach a winning Superbowl team.

Losman has thrown 5 passes on a NFL field during a real game. I definitely think that Baltimore has a better chance than Buffalo to geting Superbowl this year despite weakness in QB and most outside observers would say same thing.

First of all our defense is NOT that good despite rating.  Pittsburgh's backups tore thru Buffalo's defense at HOME during a game which meant everything to Bills and little to Steelers other than fact some of the coaches on both sides coached for other team.

Baltimore's in a weaker conference and has a much better chance of getting home field advantage than Bills.  Home field advantage is sooo important in getting to Superbowl; even if you do not get it throghout playoffs you NEED to win your conference.  And they have a coach which did coach a winning Superbowl team.

Losman has thrown 5 passes on a NFL field during a real game.  I definitely think that Baltimore has a better chance than Buffalo to geting Superbowl this year despite weakness in QB and most outside observers would say same thing.

435660[/snapback]

After week one: TSW - 1 G.Host - 0 (sorry Glenn, gentleman or not, this Sunday was not kind to your words above).

First of all our defense is NOT that good despite rating.  Pittsburgh's backups tore thru Buffalo's defense at HOME during a game which meant everything to Bills and little to Steelers other than fact some of the coaches on both sides coached for other team.

Baltimore's in a weaker conference and has a much better chance of getting home field advantage than Bills.  Home field advantage is sooo important in getting to Superbowl; even if you do not get it throghout playoffs you NEED to win your conference.  And they have a coach which did coach a winning Superbowl team.

Losman has thrown 5 passes on a NFL field during a real game.  I definitely think that Baltimore has a better chance than Buffalo to geting Superbowl this year despite weakness in QB and most outside observers would say same thing.

435660[/snapback]

Our defense is VERY good. I don't know how anyone can say otherwise. As for conference, we play in the same conference as the Ravens....I think you are talking about divisions. We are a much more rounded and balanced team than the Ravens, and I think our defense can be every bit as good as theirs, if not better. They have a better line, but I think our weapons on offense are superior. As of today, their QB has shown to be much more of a weakness than ours.....maybe that will change next week, I dunno.....but we are a better team than you are giving us credit for.

and not the Buffalo Bills?

The Ravens as Super Bowl contenders folks are saying the Ravens have a superb defense & a top running back and that Kyle Boller (who is a proven inconsistent QB & a probable bust) just has to play caretaker for them to succeed.  1st off, Boller has never shown he can even be a caretaker-he's very mistake prone & is about 2 bad games away from being replaced by Anthony Wright (who was injured last year, otherwise he might have replaced Boller last season).  If the Ravens can win it all with either Boller or Wright, how can these same people be so Ravenhappy that they cannot conclude the same thing for the Bills. 

The last time I looked, the Ravens won the same # of games last year that the Bills won. The assumption that JP will make many more mistakes than Bledsoe, yet Boller can get Baltimore from 9-7 to the Super Bowl are beyond maddening.  I don't know what FF Francessa said about the Ravens, but he had the audacity to say Losman will blow 5-6 games.  Now that doesn't mean the Bills will win 10 or 11 games, he meant the Bills will lose around 10 games and at least half those losses will be directly related to JP's inexperience. 

These so called experts are so damn inconsistent & know absolutely nothing.

435381[/snapback]

The Ravens were stupid to throw away Trent Dilfer.