Love those Bush's

Buftex

Sweeping generalizations can be true - again, in this case just Google it. 

And I don't even know what Barbara Bush said.  I didn't even bother to check because I already know it's irrelevant.  She probably did say something ignorant.  Who cares?  Like I said, I was brought up to look the other way when an elderly person says something ignorant or nutty.

433212[/snapback]

Like that nutty Nancy Reagan and her views on stem cell?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like that nutty Nancy Reagan and her views on stem cell?

433414[/snapback]

:blink: ....yeah, good one......

Anyways, I'm not saying that everything every person over the age of 80 says has to be discounted. I'm saying we don't hold them to the same standards we hold younger individuals to and for good reason.

You're picking on someone's mother? Christ, that's pathetic even for YOU!

I'll tell you one thing, Buf. They sure won't be far better off when they see the photos of all those !@#$ing busses under water.

431212[/snapback]

In a situation where the devastation was expected to be complete and everyone was left scrambling to cover their own a's and get their families to safety, who did we expect was going to drive people to safety in those school busses? Outside help was needed from the beginning. And seeing that FEMA was intimately involved with the local evacuation plan (on paper) more outsiders should have been depended on before the storm got there.

In a situation where the devastation was expected to be complete and everyone was left scrambling to cover their own a's and get their families to safety, who did we expect was going to drive people to safety in those school busses?  Outside help was needed from the beginning.  And seeing that FEMA was intimately involved with the local evacuation plan (on paper) more outsiders should have been depended on before the storm got there.

433888[/snapback]

It's ten days later and there are STILL thousands of people who will not leave. What makes you think they would have all gotten on school buses to be driven to who knows where? Not many.

Yeah, and her son, whose death might have been prevented, is still dead.  Oh, I forgot, he was fighting to set up the Islamic theocracy.

433894[/snapback]

He re-enlisted to fight to "set up the Islamic theocracy" as you say.

The easiest way to avoid being killed in the U.S. Armed Forces is to not enlist in the first place. These people aren't children. They're adults who make conscious decisions about what to do with their lives. Casey Sheehan choose to fight for his country and that's why he should be held in high esteem.

In a situation where the devastation was expected to be complete and everyone was left scrambling to cover their own a's and get their families to safety, who did we expect was going to drive people to safety in those school busses?  Outside help was needed from the beginning.  And seeing that FEMA was intimately involved with the local evacuation plan (on paper) more outsiders should have been depended on before the storm got there.

433888[/snapback]

Outside help was needed and offered, but the Governor of LA decided she wasn't that interested at the time. She didn't even order the mandatory evacuation until President Bush convinced her to do so. That fact isn't even disputed at this point.

Yeah, and her son, whose death might have been prevented, is still dead.  Oh, I forgot, he was fighting to set up the Islamic theocracy.

433894[/snapback]

I've read several of your posts. Do you practice to be a parody? Or does it just come naturally? You are apparantly one of those with no knowledge of anything, but plenty of opinion fueled by ignorance and 30 seconds worth of inhaling from CNN and moveon.org. When you can start backing something up beyond whatever Ms. Pelosi has said, you might be able to make a contribution.

433894[/snapback]

Hey wouldn't it be really cool to have an Islamic theocracy in the Middle East with close ties to the US? <_<

Well it is a testing ground to see if they can pull off setting up a Christian theocracy in the U.S..

434772[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol:

Ironic, we expect the middle east to grow into a democracy, and remove religious influence from their policy making, yet at home, the majority party is fighting to get religion to play a bigger factor in our policy making decisions!

Only to be followed by the Dems Talking Points:

(1) When something goes wrong, always find a way to blame Bush.

(2) If you can't find a way to blame Bush, find a way to blame Bush for the fact that you can't find a way to blame Bush.

431345[/snapback]

First, Bush is the President regardless of how much you guys don't want to remember that. His administration is presiding over this disaster, (amoung others). They are the ones in a position to make a difference and they continually come up shy. Should we simply give them a pass? Maybe we should give the present office holder a break because inherits situations from the previous adiminstraton, or previous administrations.

Since I've been voting there has been a net, (to date beginning with Ford), 7 years of Republican control of the executive branch. The Congress has been controlled by the Republicans since Newts' revolt in 94 (?) a minimum of 10 years. At what point do you think these people should take responsibilty for their actions?

Second, he forgot that when all else fails, blaim Clinton who hasn't been President for over 5 years (not usre exactly which talking point that is).

Disclaimer, this is a serious question and I won't respond to the off the cuff remarks that slam either the question, myself, or some liberal poster or official.

This sums it up about the Bush's:

Bill Clinton understands the impact of a disaster. His inability to cope with an influx of Cuban refugees in 1980 contributed to his defeat as governor. He recovered and came back to win again. Clinton, who toured the Houston Astrodome with former president Bush, must have been aghast when Barbara Bush mused how many of the people being housed “were underprivileged anyway, so this is working very well for them.” We’ve gone from compassionate conservatism to Marie Antoinette. As much as the Bushes disparaged Clinton over the years, they want him nearby as a human shield to show they’re capable of reaching out beyond the narrow confines of class and partisan politics. The irony of a Republican president now looking to the credibility of the last Democrat in the White House to maintain his standing reveals the extent to which Bush has fallen politically.

© 2005 Newsweek, Inc.

Bill Clinton understands the impact of a disaster. His inability to cope with an influx of Cuban refugees in 1980 contributed to his defeat as governor. He recovered and came back to win again. Clinton, who toured the Houston Astrodome with former president Bush, must have been aghast when Barbara Bush mused how many of the people being housed “were underprivileged anyway, so this is working very well for them.” We’ve gone from compassionate conservatism to Marie Antoinette. As much as the Bushes disparaged Clinton over the years, they want him nearby as a human shield to show they’re capable of reaching out beyond the narrow confines of class and partisan politics. The irony of a Republican president now looking to the credibility of the last Democrat in the White House to maintain his standing reveals the extent to which Bush has fallen politically. 

© 2005 Newsweek, Inc.

435620[/snapback]

Jesus effing Christ. Can't some people do anything right? First the administration is a divider. Then when the bring in the last leading Dem to show unity he's just a human shield. I give up.

Jesus effing Christ.  Can't some people do anything right?  First the administration is a divider.  Then when the bring in the last leading Dem to show unity he's just a human shield.  I give up.

435796[/snapback]

What, you thought Newsweek would miss a chance to both give props to Clinton and knock the Bush family?

Anyone seen my desecrated Koran?

© 2005 Newsweek, Inc.

435620[/snapback]

Didn't Bush ask both the last 2 previous Presidents to help garner support for the tsunami relief effort? I believe he did. Where were the Newsweek articles about him using the last President to boost his credibility at that time? It is possible that they were there and I just missed them, but I don't recall hearing that criticism at that time. Consistancy would be nice, unfortunately the only consistancy we seem to get is: "BUSH BAD".

Dave.

Jesus effing Christ.  Can't some people do anything right?  First the administration is a divider.  Then when the bring in the last leading Dem to show unity he's just a human shield.  I give up.

435796[/snapback]

I enjoyed the wine tasting today, will she be back? She was a bit tart, but then again very flat at times. Her Cork was spoiled also. Sad. Is there a Lock Box for good wine?

Well here's one that's floating around, maybe you've seen it. I got it from a

Republican friend from Alabama, whose wife still has 2 missing relatives. It kind of speaks to the "out of touch" label.

And we could talk about how quickly the rebuilding contracts have been let, without bidding, to Halliburton/KBR etc. but that would be another thread. They were MUCH faster as reacting when it came to that. Surprise surprise.

post-1795-1126566013_thumb.jpg

Well here's one that's floating around, maybe you've seen it.  I got it from a

Republican friend from Alabama, whose wife still has 2 missing relatives.  It kind of speaks to the "out of touch" label.

And we could talk about how quickly the rebuilding contracts have been let, without bidding, to Halliburton/KBR etc. but that would be another thread.  They were MUCH faster as reacting when it came to that.  Surprise surprise.

438161[/snapback]

But my question is was is safe to eat. I mean with all the toxins in the water. 0:)