Love those Bush's

Buftex

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're the !@#$ing moron.  Did you not say:

"Your mom is always your mom.  She thinks she's "helping" even when she's really not helping.

Dads know how to let go; moms don't, at least in my experience."

No where, except in your imagination, did you say that this only applies to 80 yr old women.

432158[/snapback]

No. !@#$ing. sh--.

That's because the two statements have nothing to do with each other. EII asked why Bush's family always takes up for him and I said in his mom's case it was because, in general, mothers have a tough time leaving well enough alone when it comes to their children. His father has to stay in the public eye because he's a former POTUS.

Post #2 in this thread (also by me) is about not caring too much about what old people have to say and definitely not judging people by what their old relatives say. People north of 80 tend to say some flakey things.

I stand by both statements and there's nothing contradictory about them. In fact, they have nothing to do with each other.

What I find completely unbelievable is that you're posting on a message board when you can't even process the words you're reading on-screen. Get a clue. Seriously, don't reply to this. It's already clear you don't understand what you're reading and your "hilarious" RNC talking points blasts are losing their charm.

I think that you're getting delusional.  Or did you mean to say that we should cut slack only for any mother that agrees with you.  :lol:

You and your parrot buddies are all the same.  You only want people on this board to express thoughts similar to your own.  If not, throw in a bunch of swear words or personal attacks.  That's very constructive.  0:)

I tend to get frustrated because it's 2005 and I still meet illiterate people.

quote=SilverNRed,Sep 7 2005, 09:35 AM

No, we'll cut her some slack because she's OLD.  I don't hold old people to the same standards that I hold young or middle-aged people. 

I've noticed that slack in  some of  your responses when  that ole octogenarian

Jimmy Carter says something

432334[/snapback]

Having trouble with the quote function?

Yeah, I don't hold old people to the same standards as others but I also don't hold former Presidents to the same standard that I hold everyone else.

So if Kanye West goes on some crazy anti-Bush rant, it's just some dumbass rapper ruining a charity fundraiser. If a former POTUS or any elected official had said what KW had said, it'd be a much bigger deal.

So if Kanye West goes on some crazy anti-Bush rant, it's just some dumbass rapper ruining a charity fundraiser.  If a former POTUS or any elected official had said what KW had said, it'd be a much bigger deal.

432408[/snapback]

That makes sense to me, although usually the opposite is true. People are way more interested in the opinions of Sean Penn, Jane Fonda, and Madonna than others who might have more credibility.

That makes sense to me, although usually the opposite is true. People are way more interested in the opinions of Sean Penn, Jane Fonda, and Madonna than others who might have more credibility.

432439[/snapback]

And it's amazing that they get more coverage then the those with some credibility. Look at the crap on the magazine covers at the check-out counter. No Time, no Newsweek, no US News. But chitloads of pics of a pregnant Britany. Makes me ill..................

432439[/snapback]

People, or the media? I don't know a whole lot of people (on the left or the right) who aren't in the media who care what these people have to say.

Dave.

Having trouble with the quote function?

Yeah, I don't hold old people to the same standards as others but I also don't hold former Presidents to the same standard that I hold everyone else.

So if Kanye West goes on some crazy anti-Bush rant, it's just some dumbass rapper ruining a charity fundraiser.  If a former POTUS or any elected official had said what KW had said, it'd be a much bigger deal.

432408[/snapback]

Well there you go, you just needed to clarify it, old elected oficial = no slack, old elected official wives = slack, how do you feel about old elected official children?

People, or the media?  I don't know a whole lot of people (on the left or the right) who aren't in the media who care what these people have to say.

Dave.

432451[/snapback]

Agreed. The only people who care about what these people have to say, are the people on the opposite side of the issue. It just so happens, more often than not, it is the right who gets riled up...

No.  !@#$ing.  sh--.

That's because the two statements have nothing to do with each other.  EII asked why Bush's family always takes up for him and I said in his mom's case it was because, in general, mothers have a tough time leaving well enough alone when it comes to their children.  His father has to stay in the public eye because he's a former POTUS.

Post #2 in this thread (also by me) is about not caring too much about what old people have to say and definitely not judging people by what their old relatives say.  People north of 80 tend to say some flakey things.

I stand by both statements and there's nothing contradictory about them.  In fact, they have nothing to do with each other.

What I find completely unbelievable is that you're posting on a message board when you can't even process the words you're reading on-screen.  Get a clue.  Seriously, don't reply to this.  It's already clear you don't understand what you're reading and your "hilarious" RNC talking points blasts are losing their charm. 

I tend to get frustrated because it's 2005 and I still meet illiterate people.

432399[/snapback]

Here's a suggestion: Maybe you should only post on a right wing message board so that you can have everyone agree with your simple minded opinions and observations. That way you won't have to dig yourself out by swearing and making personal insults.

Here's a suggestion:  Maybe you should only post on a right wing message board so that you can have everyone agree with your simple minded opinions and observations.  That way you won't have to dig yourself out by swearing and making personal insults.

432535[/snapback]

My "simple minded opinions and observations" that are both still apparently over your head?

Sorry about the swearing. Hope it didn't hurt your feelings. :lol:

Here's a suggestion:  Maybe you should only post on a right wing message board so that you can have everyone agree with your simple minded opinions and observations.  That way you won't have to dig yourself out by swearing and making personal insults.

432535[/snapback]

...but yet, you have no trouble tossing personal insults and foul language out. Hypocrite, thy name is Live&DieBillsFootball.

Before you lecture other people, start following your own advice.

You're the !@#$ing moron.  Did you not say:

"Your mom is always your mom.  She thinks she's "helping" even when she's really not helping.

Dads know how to let go; moms don't, at least in my experience."

No where, except in your imagination, did you say that this only applies to 80 yr old women.  I think that you're getting delusional.  Or did you mean to say that we should cut slack only for any mother that agrees with you.  :D

You and your parrot buddies are all the same.  You only want people on this board to express thoughts similar to your own.   If not, throw in a bunch of swear words or personal attacks.  That's very constructive.   :D

432158[/snapback]

My parents are both in their 80s, and make a heck of a lot more sense than SilverNRed does. I find his assumption that people in their 80s don't quite have all their faculties both offensive & wrong. He's just an ignoramus who doesn't understand that there are plenty of 80+ year olds who were taught to cut people like him slack because they've lost & still have more IQ points than he's ever had.

My parents are both in their 80s, and make a heck of a lot more sense than SilverNRed does.  I find his assumption that people in their 80s don't quite have all their faculties both offensive & wrong.  He's just an ignoramus who doesn't understand that there are plenty of 80+ year olds who were taught to cut people like him slack because they've lost & still have more IQ points than he's ever had.

432919[/snapback]

In that case, maybe you should send your parents over to the board to help you guys since you're having such a hard time reading and debating on your own.

As a rule of thumb, old people say flakey things and it's OK to look the other way when it happens (hell, it's what you're supposed to do). Ever hear of a "senior moment"? Ever wonder why those happen? What - did you think only your body deteriorates physically as you age? Sorry I had to ruin your day with that small dose of reality (more like common knowledge). Google information on "old age" and the brain if you don't believe me.

In that case, maybe you should send your parents over to the board to help you guys since you're having such a hard time reading and debating on your own.

As a rule of thumb, old people say flakey things and it's OK to look the other way when it happens (hell, it's what you're supposed to do).  Ever hear of a "senior moment"?  Ever wonder why those happen?  What - did you think only your body deteriorates physically as you age?  Sorry I had to ruin your day with that small dose of reality (more like common knowledge).  Google information on "old age" and the brain if you don't believe me.

432935[/snapback]

In all honesty Silver, I appreciate your feistiness...I also regret that this thread has degraded into a series of insults being thrown around. I am guilty! But, man, your argument is sounding weaker each time you try to make it! Anytime you make sweeping generalizations about people (as Mrs Bush did, and as you continue to do, "As a rule of thumb, old people say flakey things"!!!), your argument loses credibility. Yes, it is true, some old people say flakey things, but what she said wasn't flakey, it was alarmingly ignorant, for what I assume is a fairly intelligent woman.

Anytime you make sweeping generalizations about people (as Mrs Bush did, and as you continue to do, "As a rule of thumb, old people say flakey things"!!!), your argument loses credibility.  Yes, it is true, some old people say flakey things, but what she said wasn't flakey, it was alarmingly ignorant, for what I assume is a fairly intelligent woman.

432946[/snapback]

Sweeping generalizations can be true - again, in this case just Google it.

And I don't even know what Barbara Bush said. I didn't even bother to check because I already know it's irrelevant. She probably did say something ignorant. Who cares? Like I said, I was brought up to look the other way when an elderly person says something ignorant or nutty.