espn

Pete

Which ESPN personality is the most annoying?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Which ESPN personality is the most annoying?

• Stuart Scott
    • Michael Irvin
    • Kenny Mayne
    • Jimmy Johnson
    • Jim Rome
    • Dick Vitale
    • Joe Theisman
    • Other

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More annoying than any of the people on the shows is the f'in SET! WTF is up with that, I guess they think that futuristic = good production design, but to me their new sets look like I'm stuck in the movie Tron.

Seems like most everyone here dislikes the Black analysts. 

i don't dislike the black analyst. There's no guy on tv analyzing blacks, is there? I do not like stuart scott. his little schtick was good in 1998, now its lame. I really don't like irvin, kenny mayne, or dan patrick though. Hey, call me a racist though, race card thrower, my FAVORITE people on espn happen to be michael wilbon and john saunders, so there.

Yeah, it's a race thing.  Good argument there.

30149[/snapback]

Its because they might speak differently than you do when you talk about a game.

Ask them about the war or something like that, and I am sure they would speak in a more "Proper" manner.

This is how they speak, and I speak when Im just hanging out with my friends, which is the atmosphere ESPN seems to like, and I like, when dealing with football and basketball.

If Baseball and Hockey had a more Urban apeal, then Im sure they would be doing those sports as well.

There are many many Analysts that relate to you, but not many that relate to urban teenagers.

i don't dislike the black analyst.  There's no guy on tv analyzing blacks, is there?  I do not like stuart scott.  his little schtick was good in 1998, now its lame.  I really don't like irvin, kenny mayne, or dan patrick though.  Hey, call me a racist though, race card thrower, my FAVORITE people on espn happen to be michael wilbon and john saunders, so there.

30202[/snapback]

Someone at ESPN thinks hes doing a good job, because he seems to be the new Berman over at ESPN, Hes Everywhere.

I didnt say anyone dislikes them because they are black. I hope thats not the case.

I just think some people dont like, or should I say relate, to people that are different from what they are.

Donte Stallworth scored a 7 on his wonderlic.  Thats not "speaking differently then me" its borderline illiterate

30210[/snapback]

Thats a different stoy. Dont let me start with the stupid players being drafted into the NFL.

But that starts in Highschool. These players start working on their PhD in Football starting in 8th grade, and forget all about School. Sad thing is, is that this is considered OK by the guys that run these schools, because they keep cashing checks.

Its because they might speak differently than you do when you talk about a game.

Ask them about the war or something like that, and I am sure they would speak in a more "Proper" manner.

This is how they speak, and I speak when Im just hanging out with my friends, which is the atmosphere ESPN seems to like, and I like, when dealing with football and basketball.

If Baseball and Hockey had a more Urban apeal, then Im sure they would be doing those sports as well.

There are many many Analysts that relate to you, but not many that relate to urban teenagers.

30208[/snapback]

I'm sure you're not singling me out, since I haven't said anything in this thread other than Steven A. Smith and Max Kellerman annoy me. Since one is black and the other is white, I guess I just don't like idiots.

30208[/snapback]

Yeah, John Saunders and Harold Reynolds should be less "Uncle Tom-y." Whatever chokes your chicken.

30208[/snapback]

Two Words:

Tony Gwynn

Two Words:

Tony Gwynn

30243[/snapback]

Im talking about Urban apeal, Not just Black Apeal.

There is a huge difference. There are many Black analyst on every channel, but not many that relate to the Inner City kids.

Scott, Irvin, Steven A Smith all have Urban apeal.

Also, Its a fact, that most of the stars in the NFL come from inner city backgrounds.

Its good to see that ESPN is trying to relate to these kids, because unless you watch BET, there arent many national networks that even care to try and relate to the urban society, in other words the Hip Hop generation. They will cash the checks on the money they make from the Hip Hop generation, but could care less about them when it comes to putting them on TV.

Joe Morgan, Tom Jackson, and Harold Reynolds are the 3 best personalities on ESPN.  So much for your weak "black sportscasters are disliked because they are black" argument.  When you have cant win throw out the race card :devil:

30201[/snapback]

I vote for these 3 also.......no hype, no BS.....just honest in-depth INFORMATION generally not known by the average sports fan....and Reynolds is the best I think.....

Whats wierd is hearing Summerall and McGuire and Thiesman together

I dont have a problem with anyone. They are talking about sports. Its all about having an opinion. You can agree or Disagree. The way someone speaks doesnt really matter to me when it comes to sports.

The only thing I dislike, is when I turn on a sports radio show, and they are talking about something that has nothing to do with sports. Drives me nuts.

WHAT PEOPLE MIGHT WANT TO WORRY ABOUT THAT INVOLVES SPEAKING IS THE GUY THAT RUNS OUR COUNTRY, TALK ABOUT ILLITERATE.