How would you feel?

How would you guys feel if TD shocked us by placing Maurice Clarett on the practice squad?

Let me preface this by stating that i'm not saying this is something I REALLY want. It was just a thought I had when I was reading some old NFL articles. I noticed that TD said a lot about Maurice in the different combines he was supposed to be involved in. To me, TD sounded pissed off in '04 when he couldn't see him and was praising him BEFORE the combine of '05.

I think it would be an interesting project. The guy has a history. But I don't think he was given a fair shot in Denver. He got hurt and then he was cut. If he starts to show signs of his past discourses, cut him. It's a PS spot with a minimum salary. It's not like he'd disrupt anything in that position. Plus, if he showed an ounce of the promise he showed in college he'd make an intriguing prospect at FB when Shelton and/or Burns goes.

Just a thought and an opinion. Now i'll just prepare for all the "I've heard of him!" and "NOOOOOOO!!!!" replies.

If Clarett was okay with being on the practice squad...and KNOWING that he'll probably never see the field this season...and backing up Willis McGahee (wow, that would be a weird turn of events considering the now famous Ohio State/Miami game)...then...sure, why the hell not? He does have talent...and he cant do too much damage being on the practice squad.

If Clarett was okay with being on the practice squad...and KNOWING that he'll probably never see the field this season...and backing up Willis McGahee (wow, that would be a weird turn of events considering the now famous Ohio State/Miami game)...then...sure, why the hell not?  He does have talent...and he cant do too much damage being on the practice squad.

429381[/snapback]

'couldn't have said it better myself!

How would you guys feel if TD shocked us by placing Maurice Clarett on the practice squad?

Let me preface this by stating that i'm not saying this is something I REALLY want. It was just a thought I had when I was reading some old NFL articles. I noticed that TD said a lot about Maurice in the different combines he was supposed to be involved in. To me, TD sounded pissed off in '04 when he couldn't see him and was praising him BEFORE the combine of '05.

I think it would be an interesting project. The guy has a history. But I don't think he was given a fair shot in Denver. He got hurt and then he was cut. If he starts to show signs of his past discourses, cut him. It's a PS spot with a minimum salary. It's not like he'd disrupt anything in that position. Plus, if he showed an ounce of the promise he showed in college he'd make an intriguing prospect at FB when Shelton and/or Burns goes.

Just a thought and an opinion. Now i'll just prepare for all the "I've heard of him!" and "NOOOOOOO!!!!" replies.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clarett blew his chance at the NFL with his B.S. attitude in Bronco camp. Of course he'll most likely blame it on his lawsuit against the NFL, but the reality is the guy was out of shape and not mentally tough enough to compete. Too bad because he had a lot of natural talent to start with.

Clarett blew his chance at the NFL with his B.S. attitude in Bronco camp.  Of course he'll most likely blame it on his lawsuit against the NFL, but the reality is the guy was out of shape and not mentally tough enough to compete.  Too bad because he had a lot of natural talent to start with.

429400[/snapback]

the guy needs a year in a professional weight room.

That said, he WILL get another chance. the talented athletes always do.

Can anyone say, Lawerence Phillips? Wikky Williams? etc.

uhhhh hell no. Also I'll just say that when clarett checked in at the curb in denver, and was told by one of my fellow skycaps that he was "looking forward to seeing him run this year, what happened man" clarett of course took the low low low road, and said " I F--ked shannys wife". A real class act huh. I can understand the dissappointment but the comment was pretty stupid. So I say no!

uhhhh hell no. Also I'll just say that when clarett checked in at the curb in denver, and was told by one of my fellow skycaps that he was "looking forward to seeing him run this year, what happened man" clarett of course took the low low low road, and said " I F--ked shannys wife". A real class act huh. I can understand the dissappointment but the comment was pretty stupid. So I say no!

:huh:

We don't need the soap opera. We have three great backs on our team. Clarett wouldn't challenge them. I love our running back situation as it is. I say no thank you. He is just some snot nosed college player who was cut in preseason.