This is a 6-10 Team This Year

BenchBledsoe

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's very true but the Bills are the exception.  Go back and look at the last two years and what happened right after preseason.

429088[/snapback]

Look at what we did when McGahee was inserted into the lineup after the 0-4 start last year. We won't have to wait much longer to find out who's right.

Look at what we did when McGahee was inserted into the lineup after the 0-4 start last year. We won't have to wait much longer to find out who's right.

429208[/snapback]

Let's hope history does repeat itself in that regard. But DB still had the respect of some D coordinators and unless JP earns his quickly, we're going to see a lot of run and pass blitzing.

The line does concern me...it's starting to remind me of some of the terrible Browns O-lines I've seen since about 1988.

That said, one advantage JP has over Bledsoe...of course, his LEGS. He's gotta learn to slide, however, or he'll be hurt again.

However, one thing we've forgotten to mention is that there have been three consecutive years with a 1,000 yard rusher...even with this line. The coaches and players have to be doing something right to accomplish that.

Mike

However, one thing we've forgotten to mention is that there have been three consecutive years with a 1,000 yard rusher...even with this line.  The coaches and players have to be doing something right to accomplish that.

429392[/snapback]

Excellent point Mike. I don't know what else the line is supposed to do. Bledsoe made them look a lot worse than they are/were.

Excellent point Mike.  I don't know what else the line is supposed to do.  Bledsoe made them look a lot worse than they are/were.

429401[/snapback]

Bledsoe last year had the footspeed of Bernie Kosar riding a giraffe while popping Quaaludes.

Mike

The line does concern me...it's starting to remind me of some of the terrible Browns O-lines I've seen since about 1988.

That said, one advantage JP has over Bledsoe...of course, his LEGS.  He's gotta learn to slide, however, or he'll be hurt again.

However, one thing we've forgotten to mention is that there have been three consecutive years with a 1,000 yard rusher...even with this line.  The coaches and players have to be doing something right to accomplish that.

Mike

429392[/snapback]

Since the onset 16 game schedule, the 1,000 yard is not the milestone it once was.

Henry gained much of his yardage because of the Gilbride lunacy. KG made the Bills into a passing team with no offensive line. Real smart, no? :huh:

Defenders were so hell bent on sacking our defenseless qb, that Henry was able to get a little head of steam and gain yardage. Admittedly, it did help that he was very strong.

WM fared even better, but imo, all too much of his yardage was due to his currently unsurpassed stiff-arm, and his second (as well as individual) effort. Count me as one who thinks that MaGahee, if he stays healthy, is literally great.

Even if the OL was to get kudos for the success of Willis in 04, remember that out LT is gone.

Sorry, this OL is not a pretty picture. <_<

Since the onset 16 game schedule, the 1,000 yard is not the milestone it once was.

429407[/snapback]

Bill, I see where you're coming from, but my formerly beloved Cleveland Browns have not had a 1,000 yard rusher since Nineteen Eighty-Five. That's right, 1985. Twenty seasons since Kevin Mack and Earnest Byner did it together.

To the Browns, three consecutive seasons of 1,000 yard rushers would be a cause for celebration.

Hell, one would be. :huh:

Mike

Bill, I see where you're coming from, but my formerly beloved Cleveland Browns have not had a 1,000 yard rusher since Nineteen Eighty-Five.  That's right, 1985.  Twenty seasons since Kevin Mack and Earnest Byner did it together.

To the Browns, three consecutive seasons of 1,000 yard rushers would be a cause for celebration. 

Hell, one would be.  <_<

Mike

429416[/snapback]

1,000/16 = 62.5 average :huh:

YIKES!