lotta interesting players cut

nodnarb

looks like the pittsburgh scouting staff whiffed on a few - they bagged a 2nd rounder, a 4th, and a fifth. one from last year I think. Quentin Griffin is a surprise, as is Hugh Douglass and Terry Pierce. Man...it's gonna be a shopping spree for the top 5 teams.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/8801521

428704[/snapback]

Is Anthony Clement better than Jerman?

this didn't last very long

Vikings.com reports the Minnesota Vikings have released RB ReShard Lee.

also

Jim Thomas, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports the St. Louis Rams have released QB Jeff Smoker.

I liked smoker in college wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in practice squad with a chance to earn a spot next year.

interesting that anttajj hawthorne didn't make it in oakland. he was almost unanimously considered no worse than a 3rd rounder by the draft sites, but went in the 6th. Goes to show that the teams know a lot that the writers don't. They also cut teyo johnson, a 2nd rounder in 2003. lotta high picks being tossed aside.

I wonder if that's it for Chris Mohr....

There aren't too many other active players from the SB years...

428793[/snapback]

Are there any, other than Mohr, and maybe Christie? Rueben Brown came into the NFL in 1994, I don't think there are any ex-Bills older than that in the leauge. I don't know why, but sometimes I obsess over these types of things... :) Can you think of any? Troy Vincent doesn't count!!!!

Gruden on his kicking duo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" Both of these guys are accomplished and they appear to me like they’re NFL ready. These guys are both going to be NFL kickers; I don’t think there’s any question."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bring in Todd France TD. Bring him in please.

Cut from that article and pasted here - guys with names too good to not make it somewhere in the NFL!  :)

Kansas City WR Craphonso Thorpe

Oakland  T Brad Lekkerkkerker (sic)

San Diego T Cory Lekkerkerker

428864[/snapback]

They forgot WR Taco Wallace.