San Antonio Saints

PTS

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Red Cross is recognized as one of the most effective charities going.  Only 5 cents of every dollar go to cover their administrative costs.  I appreciate your point, but you called out the wrong organization.

425917[/snapback]

I must be mistaken then, the major charity I heard had admin costs of well over .20 to a dollar.

Did you say Buffalo Hornets?

425954[/snapback]

If the Buffalo CVB is smart, they'd contact all the companies that were going to hold conventions down in The Big Easy and get them up here.

I'd lose a lot of respect for Tagliabue and the NFL owners if they were to let that happen. Couldn't each of the other 28 owners chip in a little $$$ (yes, I intentionally left out Snyder, Jones, and Modell) to help repair the Superdome or even get a whole new stadium in NO?

This is just so mother!@#$ing sad.

425942[/snapback]

I agree. And if Benson tried to move, he would be the ultimate rat.

That's why I sent my tax rebate check to the NY Chapter of the Salvation Army after 9/11. I saw the massive amount of water, etc they had for the guys at ground zero and said these are the ones who know how to do things. Got a very nice letter from them around Christmas. Probably a form letter, but it was nice.

425919[/snapback]

My dad was a cop for 30 years and said the Salvation Army is great. They would always show up to any fire or serious emergency and take care of the people and workers as best they could. I have issues with the Red Cross as it is almost an offshoot of the government in how it handles jobs and doesn't look for production. In a situation like this though, give as much as you can to any legit charity because these poor people need it.

New Orleans is a disaster. The dome MAY have to get torn down because of the hurricane damage, plus all the health risks inside the building itself. The City of New Orleans may be unliveable for years. look at all the fires that are now starting, the electric poles falling down, their sewer system and water system needs to be fixed. Their cables, wires, gas lines are all getting damaged until they get rid of the water and that may take a month or more to drain the whole city. Then once it drains, you have to survey the damage and may have to start over. Who knows...maybe San Antonio will become a temporary home for the Saints, but the federal aid may give New Orleans money to rebuild the stadium and that will help keep the New Orleans Saints for good.

The stadium is structurally sound. What got damaged was the waterproof membrane on the top and

the false ceiling inside. The metal sheets are in place and structurally intact. The holes were along the seams.

The holes were where the metal plates on the seams were ripped off.  "Structurally intact" is a slight exaggeration...though it's in no danger of falling apart, apparently, and won't need to be torn down.

426053[/snapback]

That's what I meant.

Official where?  Everything I see is temporarily (maybe just for opener) San Antonio.

425953[/snapback]

I can't find a link either. If the San Antonio Saints were true, it would be on ESPN.com for sure but there's nothing there yet. Just a story about Tagliabue saying he doesn't think they'll be able to play in NO at all this season.

I can't find a link either.  If the San Antonio Saints were true, it would be on ESPN.com for sure but there's nothing there yet.  Just a story about Tagliabue saying he doesn't think they'll be able to play in NO at all this season.

426100[/snapback]

I'm guessing the owner wants to go to SA - his hometown.

Tagliabue wants them in LA.

The Saints are playing the Raiders in a half an hour. On the pregame, they were saying that it is eerie because the Saints Radio and TV booths are empty. There's no electricity, so there's no broadcast at all. They practiced in San Jose this week and got all their families out before the hurricane hit.