Buffalo Housing vs. Toronto Housing

Folks are right that the key is the commute. If you enjoy spending 4 hours per day in your car this is doable and a good deal but if you do this you will miss out on one of the primary benefits of living in Buffalo which is the Buffalo folks (generally good people but your neighbor may be a jerk anywhere you go) and enjoying the cheaper cost of a market-basket in Buffalo.

Though it is probably not worthwhile for a daily commute, if you can create a world in which you do commutes where you stay in Toronto several days and then stay in Buffalo for several days you should be able to make this work if you can command a Toronto wage while you do this.

I was able to live life this way for nearly a decade working for a DC wage but living in Buffalo. Particularly as I often could arrage for my DC costs to be paid for by clients or as part of work and lived for a pttance when I wanted at my god-daughter's in DC things can be dome where you find a nice middle.

High Speed Trains - like the Acela between BOS-NYC-DC - is the answer.

That would resolve the commute. Period.

Folks are right that the key is the commute. If you enjoy spending 4 hours per day in your car this is doable and a good deal but if you do this you will miss out on one of the primary benefits of living in Buffalo which is the Buffalo folks (generally good people but your neighbor may be a jerk anywhere you go) and enjoying the cheaper cost of a market-basket in Buffalo.

Though it is probably not worthwhile for a daily commute, if you can create a world in which you do commutes where you stay in Toronto several days and then stay in Buffalo for several days you should be able to make this work if you can command a Toronto wage while you do this.

I was able to live life this way for nearly a decade working for a DC wage but living in Buffalo.  Particularly as I often could arrage for my DC costs to be paid for by clients or as part of work and lived for a pttance when I wanted at my god-daughter's in DC things can be dome where you find a nice middle.

425161[/snapback]

I was able to live life this way for nearly a decade working for a DC wage but living in Buffalo.  Particularly as I often could arrage for my DC costs to be paid for by clients or as part of work and lived for a pttance when I wanted at my god-daughter's in DC things can be dome where you find a nice middle.

425161[/snapback]

It's not uncommon to spend three hours per day behind the wheel in cities like Dallas, Atlanta, and Los Angeles... What's another hour if it's speed limit and putting you 100k ahead?

Here is a link with a picture of that asshat Meehan.

http://communications.torontomls.net/newst...-2006/index.htm

Addnendum "The reason Meehan doesn't get laid is because he is Meehan."

The part of the article I really like is: "Buffalo's Elmwood district, near the downtown core -- the city's attempt at Yorkville-like setting..."

Yes, Buffalonians were so envious of Toronto's Yorkville (?), we ran out and attempted our own. And it is not up to Toronto snuff.

If Buffalo is so bad, Toronto should go and relocate next to Detroit.

The link you are referencing - I don't see his comments about Buffalo - help me out?

Here is a link with a picture of that asshat Meehan.

http://communications.torontomls.net/newst...-2006/index.htm

Addnendum  "The reason Meehan doesn't get laid is because he is Meehan."

The part of the article I really like is: "Buffalo's Elmwood district, near the downtown core -- the city's attempt at Yorkville-like setting..."

Yes, Buffalonians were so envious of Toronto's Yorkville (?), we ran out and attempted our own. And it is not up to Toronto snuff.

If Buffalo is so bad, Toronto should go and relocate next to Detroit.

425178[/snapback]

No offense, but the grass ain't any greener in Canada.

sh--, the brain drain is just as bad, if not worse, in Canada, as it in in WNY, BOSTOn, NYC, and anywhere up North!!!

Buffalo NY is an awesome place. Just because the politiicians and the residents conitnue to !@#$ it up - they will never ever realize just how good they have it.

It's just human nature to B word, B word and B word.

Buffalo is awesome. Only a few know.

BYE.