I'm on vacation this week

OnTheRocks

i am happy to say i am on vacation this week. i am really happy to say that i have no plans.

no travel

no visiting

no shopping

no projects

just the following:

Monday: Watch the grass grow and read a book

Tuesday: Watch the world go around and read a book

Wednesday: Watch the rain come down and read a book

Thursday: A repeat of Wednesday. (a little boring but that's ok)

Friday: Mow the lawn and read a book.

Saturday: get up late. take my wife to an early lunch. come home and take a nap.

Sunday: get up late. take my wife to church. come home and take a nap.

Monday: Labor Day. Watch the grass grow and read a book.

I was on vacation last week. I hate boring vacations though (ie: sitting and reading all day; my wife LOVES doing that though)... So here's what I did:

Friday (8/19): Work half day, then fly to Buffalo. Eat pizza and wings, talk with family

Saturday: Tailgate before watching Bills crush Packers; meet DieHardFan

Sunday: Hang out with family, eat more wings. :P

Monday: Go shopping for Bills stuff, eat more wings. Take a nap.

Tuesday: Go to Toronto, visit science museum, look around the city, see Blue Man Group

Wednesday: Relax, hang out with family, eat grandma's homemade gnocci and pizza

Thursday: Fly back home

Friday: Finish electrical work in basement

Saturday: Finish hanging doors/trim/screen/pj in basement

Sunday: Relax!

CW

I was on vacation last week too. First day back at work. UGH!!! First time in maybe 10 years we didn't go any where. Here's what I did:

Friday: movie Wedding Crashers; pretty good

Saturday: Packers game

Sunday: Niagara Falls, Walk Behind the Falls and dinner

Monday: nothing

Tuesday: ATV riding in PA because NY sucks

Wednesday: Chautaugua county wine trails

Thursday: Allegany S Park, great Bass fishing

Friday: nothing

Saturday: closed the beer tent at St Barnabas church in Depew. HitNRun was ROCKING the place

Sunday: Moondance boat ride

I just spent 2 weeks over in Moscow, working hard at finishing up some important paperwork. When that was completed, my wife and I brought home a new 4 year old daughter to play with our other daughter, who we brought home from Romania 5 years earlier.

Hey OnTheRocks, try doing something productive. :D

I just spent 2 weeks over in Moscow, working hard at finishing up some important paperwork. When that was completed, my wife and I brought home a new 4 year old daughter to play with our other daughter, who we brought home from Romania 5 years earlier.

Hey OnTheRocks, try doing something productive.  :D

421751[/snapback]

Welcome back ****!

421751[/snapback]

Glad to hear it all worked out, Has she tried the sponge candy from Watson's yet?

Welcome to Kenmore, Welcome back ya big lug!

June - Ocean City MD

July - Alex Bay/Wellesly Island, NY

August - Old Forge, NY

August - used extra days for training camp

Recommended reading: Fall Down Laughing (How Squiggy Caught MS and Didn't Tell Nobody) by David Lander. This is a GREAT description of MS in layman's terms, a very good autobiography, and an excellent 1st hand account of what it feels like to have MS.

Welcome back, Mark and congrats to you and the family. What is your newest daughter's name?

Also remember - reading IS doing something. :D (try telling that to my wife!)

Hey OnTheRocks, try doing something productive.  ;)

421751[/snapback]

June - Ocean City MD

July - Alex Bay/Wellesly Island, NY

August - Old Forge, NY

August - used extra days for training camp

Recommended reading: Fall Down Laughing (How Squiggy Caught MS and Didn't Tell Nobody) by David Lander. This is a GREAT description of MS in layman's terms, a very good autobiography, and an excellent 1st hand account of what it feels like to have MS.

421759[/snapback]

Rockpile. Didn't you sign off forever a few weeks back or was that someone else ?

421751[/snapback]

Mark,

Congrats on the new addition to your family!

Tony

We returned a few days ago from another great vacation. We went to Corsica for 10 days and the views, beaches, hikes, food, etc. were outstanding. It is an out-of-the way place and not your typical tourist destination - we only saw one American while we were there. We stayed in Tiuccia which is away from everything but the beach.

We return every year because we have family there. If you can converse in French or Italian, it is much easier to visit but the more intrepid souls will enjoy even if you are unable to speak either of these languages.

Went to an all-inclusive resort in Cancun two weeks ago for my honeymoon.

Tuesday: Arrived. Went back and forth between beach bed and swim-up bar.

Wednesday: Went back and forth between beach bed and swim-up bar.

Thursday: Went back and forth between beach bed and swim-up bar.

Friday: Went back and forth between beach bed and swim-up bar.

Saturday: Went back and forth between beach bed and swim-up bar.

Sunday: Went back and forth between beach bed and swim-up bar.

Monday: Departed. :D

421751[/snapback]

Congratulations on the new additions! My sister in law just came back from the Ukraine with their second adopted son. The first was a "Roma" boy four years ago. Both little ones are great!

I chose this type of vacation because I think it has been 10+ years since the last time i had one like this. Every year we go some place where we are running constantly and when we get back we need a vacation from vacation.

I am finally going to sit down and finish reading "His Excellency" by Joseph Ellis

and then read "Roger Williams - Lives and Legacies" by Edwin Gaustad

Went to an all-inclusive resort in Cancun two weeks ago for my honeymoon.

Tuesday: Arrived. Went back and forth between beach bed and swim-up bar.

Wednesday: Went back and forth between beach bed and swim-up bar.

Thursday: Went back and forth between beach bed and swim-up bar.

Friday: Went back and forth between beach bed and swim-up bar.

Saturday: Went back and forth between beach bed and swim-up bar.

Sunday: Went back and forth between beach bed and swim-up bar.

Monday: Departed.  :D

421866[/snapback]

Hilarious, I just got back from an all-inclusive resort in Puerto Vallarta last week. pretty much had the same routine.